Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Hyper baby??

My 6.5 month old son has always seemed hyper active.. He is constantly moving. Kicking, flailing, rolling and just clearly hyper active. People are always telling me how active he is.. People say they've never seen such an active baby.. He reallllly is more active and hyper than anyone I've ever seen. Is this normal for a baby to be this why? Could there be something wrong with him?

Re: Hyper baby??

• My 9 month old is this exact way. He's always rolling, babbling, kicking, jumping, climbing, etc. I planned to ask his pedi about it on Monday, but am assuming it's attributed to everything new he's learning and exploring his new world. And that he's a boy. :) Even though we read books, play, take walks, swim, etc I worry that he's under stimulated. I'm anxious to see what the pedi says.
  • my son is like this too.  he will be 9 months next week.  during diaper changing time, he's rolling over, trying to climb the wall, he just started doing this funny shimmy dance, it's so cute i try not to laugh while im trying to wrestle a diaper on him.  when i put him down on the floor, he will crawl to an toy, look at it for a few seconds, then go to another and repeat this until he find something he's not allowed to play with (ps3 controllers).  im thinking that he knows his normal toys by now, and just wants to see something new, thats why he gets bored quickly? 
    we're going on a 5 hour flight tomorrow so i hope his captain calamari will hold his attention for at least an hour.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one!! Jwebb0512 I'd be interested in knowing what your ped said about your little ones behavior
  • My son is the same way.  A huge difference from his sister.  I'm not sure if it's just him or if it's boys but since all of us on this thread have boys I'm inclined to think it has to do with that.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Mine's the same way. He's just active and curious. I see that as a good thing. DD was a bump on a log until she was about 9 mos. He was army crawling all over our house at 5 mos. I have to hold him down to change his diaper or get him dressed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD is crazy active too. Now that she's army crawling, she's all over the place. She never holds still for diaper changes, and even when she's nursing, she's kicking and grabbing at things. I don't even want to think about how it's going to be once she's walking!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"