Natural Birth
Options

Preeclampsia Q's

So! My due date has come and gone... I am 40+4 weeks and still pregnant, which is not a big deal. I have had protein in my urine since 34 weeks, but my blood pressure has always been really low (average 108/60ish). Over the past month, though, my blood pressure has slowly begun to rise up until my last appointment, last Tuesday, where it was at 130/80. I have had no other signs of preeclampsia (absolutely no swelling, headaches, leg cramps, poor vision, etc) and my midwife said that she wasn't yet concerned, but I am starting to get a little nervous! I have been given a list of extra vitamins/minerals to take, things to eat, how much I should exert myself per day, just precautionary things to try and get my BP under control.

In the case that my blood pressure continues to rise or I start showing other signs of pre-e, we do have a backup OB ready to deliver the baby, so that's not an issue. I was just wondering... how high does my BP have to rise for me to technically be diagnosed with pre-e??? I naturally have a lower than average BP, so seeing it at 130/80 is a little disconcerting even though it's not terribly high!

I totally trust my midwife and the baby has been just as active as ever, doing wonderfully. I'm just trying not to stress because I know that will send my BP through the roof!

It's just very frustrating to have come this far and to have been doing so well and then, all of the sudden, there goes my BP!

Sorry this is more ranting than anything... anyone else have experiences with pre-e?

Re: Preeclampsia Q's

• Options
    I'm really not sure, I had high BP my first but never any protein or other signs of pre-e. My midwife told me 150/90 is when they really start to get concerned. She also said its more of a problem when it is consistently high. If laying down helps to lower it then it isn't as serious.

Hopefully won't get any higher and your baby will be here soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ive had no experience with this but I just wanted to send you some T&P while dealing with this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    the diagnosis of pre-e is 140/90 with protein in the urine. but there is something called gestational hypertension where you BP is elevated but not pre-e. 140/90 is the magic number for this too. i'd check it frequently since you're over your due date & make sure its not getting higher. 
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker