1st Trimester
Options

Waking up with tummy pains

Hi, could someone please put my mind at ease! I am waking up around 3am with the last few days, but tonight I think I was actually woken by the pain in my tummy. I've since passed some gas, and had a BM (sorry, tmi!) and it's eased a bit but is this pain normal? It's a cramp like pain, below my belly button going across the width of stomach. Any info is much appreciated! This is my first time being pregnant, and it's still early days.

Re: Waking up with tummy pains

• Options
    You will have all kinds of gas pains, constipation and uterine stretching in first trimester. Unless its overwhelmingly painful & accompanied with bleeding then you are usually fine.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Sounds normal! Massage your belly to ease some of the excess gas, it may help. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    food_chickfood_chick member
    edited September 2013
    If it's gas, warm (not hot) heating pad on your tummy.  I like a cup of tea also.  And if you have something that is ok to take during pregnancy, do it.  I'm sorry, it sucks!  I sometimes get terrible gas pains in the middle of the night, pregnant or not.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) it's better today, but just a bit uncomfortable! Better to ask the questions now and put my mind at ease ;)
  • Options
    oh yeah. been there myself. i figure half of my stomach issues is gas or similarly related. and the other is round ligament pain. both go to the same source, hormones relaxing certain muscles. Causing digestive slow down and the ligament pain.

as the ladies said, no blood your fine. in doubt just contact your dr to get reassurances.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker 

November Siggy Challenge
    Christmas Story
    May 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"