Secondary IF
Options

Frequent UTIs

So I was talking to a friend today who told me she had been having frequent UTIs lately and she had sugar in her urine. They are testing her for high blood sugar but her doctor told her that this was a symptom of PCOS. I've been having very frequent UTIs over the last year and now I'm wondering if it could be related to my infertility. Anybody ever heard this??
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Frequent UTIs

• Options
    No, I haven't. I would bring it up with your doctor. I think UTIs are brought on by numerous factors.

My doctor (just my regular one) told me that they are most common in the spring and fall. Also make sure you empty your bladder after sex.

I swear by cranberry juice (although I realize not everyone likes it)

I haven't heard of the correlation between UTIs, PCOS, and infertility (although that doesn't mean there isn't one)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    Some people are just prone to them. Make sure you're not holding your pee for long periods of time, and empty your bladder after sex like pp said. If you don't like cranberry juice, get some cranberry pills (vitamins) from any drugstore. I take those whenever we BD. I've never heard of UTI's being related to PCOS.
    photo image.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope you don't mind i'm chiming in (I'm still TTC #1 but was browsing through the boards). I used to get frequent UTI's and i'm 100% sure that they are due to excessive sugar. I do have PCOS and when my RE had me undergo the glucose fasting test, I came up within the pre-diabetic range. Since i've eliminated a lot of my sugar intake, I haven't gotten a UTI in months. I went from drinking soda and iced tea to drinking nothing but water. I take Metformin for the PCOS and two OTC cranberry pills daily for preventative measures. I'm not saying that you have the same issues, but I figured i'd share what helped me thus far. I hope you start feeling better. 

Me and DH: 32, TTC since 2/2012
    Dx: lean PCOS, low hormone levels, 2 CP's before seeing RE, MTHFR heterozygous
    IUI #1 with clomid and ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 with clomid (unresponsive), femara, ovidrel and novarel: Possible CP
    IUI #3 with femara, ovidrel and novarel: BFN
    IUI #4 with Follistim (115 iu) and ovidrel= BFN, developed OHSS, benched- 2 weeks of birth control pills
    IUI #5 with Follistim (75iu) and ovidrel= BFN........Taking a medication break for a few months
    IUI #6 with Follistim (75iu) every other day, femara and Lupron trigger= BFN
    *Taking a long break to get healthy and research/prepare for IVF*
    Goal: gain 5 lbs, gluten/dairy/soy/nut free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3T June Siggy Challenge- Celebrity Crush: Woody Harrelson
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you for that info JadziaDax! And good luck to you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"