~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options
    Pine Alexander
    Pine Henry
    Pine Joseph
    Pine Charles
    Pine Theodore

Hmmm....I'm trying to think of something else that flows like Alexander. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pine Alexander was my first thought, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not an Alexander lover, but I think that sounds best. Or another vowel name perhaps. Pine Orion, Pine Emerson, Pine Andrew, Pine Anderson, Pine Isaiah
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    I love Andre! But if it must be save :/ ...
    Pine Emerson is my favorite from above

Maybe,
    Pine Finnegan
    Pine Quincy
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    Is Pine set in stone?  Because Pine Taber comes out Pine Table when I try to say it.
    This is what I thought too. When I first read it I thought it had to be made up. 
  • Options
    meemlove1meemlove1 member
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    meemlove1 said:

MauiBliss said:

Kimbus22 said:

Is Pine set in stone?  Because Pine Taber comes out Pine Table when I try to say it.

This is what I thought too. When I first read it I thought it had to be made up. 

Same. And she said she needed help because the first and last names were one syllable....not the way I read it...I'm still not sure on this one.....

Pine. Taber. If you cant read, I'm not sure why you think I so desperately need your thoughts on the topic.... You are correct that there is in fact TWO syllables in Taber. Clearly. What I was alluding to was the shortness in the first and last names. Which if you could have read, you have not missed the part where I said I would like the middle name to be a little longer. The specification of syllable length is irrelevant. 

Im confused at the confusion over my last name and how that became the topic of this thread. I stated that the first name is Pine. Clearly I like that name, prefer that name, and have ALREADY chosen the first name. The suggestions were merely to find a middle name. I dont really give a what if you dont like the first name, cuz its the one I absolutely am in love with. 

If there is anyone genuinely in the spirit of helping me find a great middle name welcome!

I just thought you might want to think about the fact that your son will be forever teased with the name "Pine Table" for his entire life. It doesn't bother me at all what you name your son. Everyone has their own styles.
  • Options
    Not concerned about other peoples reading problems.
  • Options
    Maybe Oak, Maple or Birch?
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    Wow. People have really stooped to some new lows on this thread lol! The creeps come out on the baby discussion boards!
  • Options
    Uh. Creeps? Really? What has anyone said that is remotely creepy?

Don't ask for opinions on an online forum if you don't want to hear honest answers.

Also, congratulations on popping my flag cherry. Should have know it would be a Lucille Bluth gif that would get me flagged lol.
    image image

• Options
    Hey OP, the flag button isn't for when you dislike or disagree with someone. You can get banned from theBump if you abuse the flagging button.

So, what's up with the "flag" button?

All members will have the ability to anonymously report posts that will now come directly to both moderator and admin attention. Keep in mind that we will review and take appropriate actions. This flagging option is NOT to be used as a “dislike” button or on posts that may disagree with you, etc.

The Bump will keep records of all reported posts and handle abusers of this flagging privilege individually.

In addition to flagged posts, we will continue to address any violations of our Community Rules. Review them here.

What should I flag?:

Spam- Any posts advertising services

Harassment- If you feel a user is harassing a member to an extreme level.

Online Vandalism- Posts designed to raise a user’s post count.

Personal Information- Any post where a person’s personal information is being given without their consent. This includes name, telephone number, address, email address, work information, etc.

Impersonating Other Members/The Bump Employees- Any username designed to be acopy of another user’s name or Knot Employee.

An obvious violation of the Community Rules should also be flagged.

VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That being said, Andre Pine Taber sounds nice IMO. I can't get behind Pine Taber as a person's first + last name.
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    meemlove1 said:

Just so you know, you can remove your flags by clicking on the flag again.
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    My first thought was not actually pine table, but pine caber. The caber toss is a traditional Scottish sport where kilted men throw a big tree trunk- typically a pine- end over end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0FU8rSisU

I don't mind Pine, but with your last name it does seem a bit problematic. My son has a rather uncommon name too, and if you're not confident enough about it- meaning, you don't lash out and freak out on Internet strangers when they bring up potential difficulties- you're probably not going to be able to teach him to wear it with confidence, like the wise Capulet said. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Maybe re-read my response. I love and have already chosen the first name. All I'm looking for is middle names lol!! I don't know why people feel the need to continue on with my babys first name! Pine Taber sounds perfect to me :) Im literally done with this thread, tired of the off topic and harsh responses. Already started a new one where quite a few people were very considerate and helpful and aren't looking for points and to fulfill their ego issues.
  • Options
    I was going to suggest, in all serious, Tamarack.. because I love it and it would totally be on a short list for MN's if DH didn't veto it.  Pine Tamarack Taber, otherwise, going more traditional for the middle name I like Pine Alexander Taber.

People will always either love or hate your names, and everyone will have opinions.  They are entitled to them too.  Love what you love, don't let it get under skin if someone doesn't agree, I am certain no one has said anything with malicious intent.

Pine will be a lovely name, I used to be set on Phoenix Oden, and even though I have crossed it off since, I still think it is an awesome name.  

- Married October 27, 2007 - TTC since June 2013 -
  • Options
    Well, when someone says they are only concerned that my son will be made fun of his entire life.... :) haha. Mallicious maybe not, but definately not genuine. To be honest, my husband and I new a guy named pine in college and he was very confident, very intellegent and it wouldn't have mattered what his name was but it was that much more awesome that it was Pine. I live in Cali where unconventional in conventional so I can understand why there might be differences.
    I really like the name Phoenix. I have been set on Pine for years. It was the only name I knew I wanted for sure and before I knew the gender I had no idea what I would name a girl!
  • Options
    I'm not understanding why you are flagging people for pointing out the obvious. If you like the name Pine, great. Go for it. But with your last name it is a bad combination.
    You are going to get that reaction all off his life so what are you going to do when the person is saying "Pine Table" face to face with you or your son? You won't be able to flag them. You seriously can't be that upset for the reactions with a name combination like that. No one has even said anything bad. The reactions could be MUCH worse.
  • Options
    Actually, OP, you kind of lashed out at someone for saying they didn't understand the syllable count in Taber. Considering all the weird ways surnames are spelled and pronounced, I don't think it was so unreasonable for one of the posters to question that---particularly in light of the fact that if the pronunciation was different, Pine Taber might not even sound like "pine table" at all. Someone pointed out a potential "issue" with the name that you might not have considered; someone else said that your OP said both names are one syllable, suggesting that the name might not sound like "pine table" IRL. Nobody was mean. Nobody was creepy. You got many good suggestions. Nothing happened that was worth flagging anyone over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Middle name people. Middle. Name.
  • Options
    capulet said:
    meemlove1 said:
    Maybe re-read my response. I love and have already chosen the first name. All I'm looking for is middle names lol!! I don't know why people feel the need to continue on with my babys first name! Pine Taber sounds perfect to me :) Im literally done with this thread, tired of the off topic and harsh responses. Already started a new one where quite a few people were very considerate and helpful and aren't looking for points and to fulfill their ego issues.
    Maybe re-read the instructions about when to use the flag button.
    Thank you. I wish I could flag for stupidity. Luckily I'll never have to deal with being banned.
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    meemlove1 said:
    LOL @ ego issues. You're hilarious!

Is it this thread? https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12099199/a-unique-middle because if so, it looks like someone else pointed out it sounds like pine table and yet another person pointed out you're not naming a cat.

FTR since you mentioned ego issues, I'm the fuckin' shit. I don't need someone else's baby's name thread to prove that. We're trying to suggest maybe you go with something else. It's called honesty, but you can't handle criticism. If you were a dear friend of mine, I'd do the same. I would never stoop as low to call someone like you my friend though.

Good luck OP, you'll need it.
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Okay, in all seriousness, if you really want mn ideas I highly suggest Cedar. It's masculine, it goes with your nature-youneek feel you're going for & it really completes the name. Pine Cedar Taber. I think it's a winner.
  • Options
    There is no way to delete a string of comments that are so off topic and lame until I get my account deleted on Monday if you REALLY have to know and care why I edited this thread. This was my very first post. Had I known the community boards were filled with people who sit online all day waiting to pounce... I DEFINITELY would have avoided this whole situation. But to you and  the rest of the people who are so obsessed with commenting here anyway-- GET A LIFE. Go spend some time with your children. Get a hobby. 
  • Options
    No way this isn't MUD!
  • Options
    I normally wouldn't rock the boat but OP, if you say you're done with this thread then I would assume that would mean you no longer comment/reply on it? And if you think everyone on TB needs to "get a life" then why start ANOTHER thread? You make no sense!!!
    meemlove1 said:

There is no way to delete a string of comments that are so off topic and lame until I get my account deleted on Monday if you REALLY have to know and care why I edited this thread. This was my very first post. Had I known the community boards were filled with people who sit online all day waiting to pounce... I DEFINITELY would have avoided this whole situation. But to you and  the rest of the people who are so obsessed with commenting here anyway-- GET A LIFE. Go spend some time with your children. Get a hobby. 

• Options
    meemlove1 said:

If you're going to use a unique name, you need to be able to take criticism better. Not everyone will love your child's name in real life. Not everyone loves the name I've chosen for DD2, but I don't lash out and insult anyone who says so or who points out problems with her name. Your child will never be able to wear the name with confidence if the way you've reacted on this message board is the way you react in real life. 

I think Pine would be a fine first name if you had a different last name, but the combination of Pine and Taber makes me automatically think of Pine Table or Pine Saber. Be prepared for people to mention that to you in real life and think of a better response than telling them to get a life or that they're a creep. 

image image

• Options
    Wow! You went all nut job up in here.
  • Options
    LOL, how did I miss this wacko? OP, Pine Taber is hideous. Your kid will resent you if you slap this name on him. Save him the money and headache of having to change it when he's older and give him a different name. FFS. And you don't get to dictate how people respond to your posts, you don't get to flag people for not agreeing with what they have to say, and you don't get to DD. Welcome to The Bump. Please make yourself familiar with the way things work.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"