Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Baby Proofing

I was wondering what people use on their coffee tables/tables around the house.  We have the corners covered but I'm worried about the legs of the tables - do the foam things work well?

Re: Baby Proofing

• Options
    pb_bridepb_bride member
    edited September 2013
    TBH, we never got around to babyproof the corners of tables.  I was worried about it for maybe 5-7 days, but DS learned to pull up and sit down safely so quickly that I don't even worry about that anymore.  I think the biggest concern about corners is that babies may hit their eyes on them.  But table legs?  The worst that might happen is a bruise, no?
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't do the corners or any table proofing.  Just gates, outlet covers and locks on our kitchen cabinets.  Our LO chews on wooden tables like a beaver.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our coffee table is round, but the base of the legs have metal trim that is kinda sharp at the edges. I wrapped them in blue painter's tape. Other than that, we do outlet covers and a gate at the stairs. I don't do cupboard locks. With my son, I just removed the cleaning products and put them on a high shelf in a closet. Also, we put all kitchen knives/sharp tools in one drawer that is absolutely off limits for the kids (we tell them NO in a very stern voice). My son learned quickly and I hope my daughter does, too. The less babyproofing the better. You will bring them to visit friends/family with zero babyproofing so I think it is just best to teach the kids as early as possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only things we did was put a gate at the bottom of the stairs, put socket covers in their rooms, and toddler cabinet locks for under the sink. I think baby proofing is silly. They need to learn to cope with everyday objects. Plus, they will get hurt. It's unavoidable. I take away to obvious dangers, but they will always find a way to band their heads on things.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The only things we did was put a gate at the bottom of the stairs, put socket covers in their rooms, and toddler cabinet locks for under the sink. I think baby proofing is silly. They need to learn to cope with everyday objects. Plus, they will get hurt. It's unavoidable. I take away to obvious dangers, but they will always find a way to band their heads on things.
    Pretty much all this.  We also strapped bookcases to the wall.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Ab42187Ab42187 member
    edited September 2013
    We have nothing on the corners or legs of the table. Am I the only one? DD learned really quick, which parts could hurt her. Now that she can pull herself up and stand as well as figure out how to get back down the tables are not a problem. The only baby proofing we did was put up gates, outlet covers, put cabinets locks on two of the cabinets, and just moved everything that was breakable or could hurt her up. I have my pots and pans on an organizing table in my kitchen and we just tell her no and distract her with something when she gets near them. We have no cabinet space so it's just not possible for us to put everything breakable up out of her reach. I think you shouldn't really worry so much about the legs of the tables. I didn't put anything on my corners and DD never hurt herself on them.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"