Success after IF
Options

That Was Rough...

After a VERY frustrating night last night with Hannah not falling asleep and being up a lot. I actually got frustrated with Hannah herself, and that made me feel horrible. I also felt very alone, hubby was sleeping upstairs b/c he needs to be well rested for work. So after feeling so awful yesterday I decided I needed to do some sleep training. So that was the background.

YIKES!! We did the Ferber method tonight, that was really rough. *pout* It took about an hour but she's asleep now. For momma's who have done this how long did it take for your baby to just fall asleep on their own? And did they sleep through the night? That's been our main concern, that she has been waking up often in the middle of the night.

But man it was really hard to listen to her cry. I'm really glad I had my hubby to support me in this tonight.
Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
Dec 27- third miscarriage
May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: That Was Rough...

• Options
    We didn't Ferber (or haven't I should say) because H started putting himself to sleep on his own really early on, 2 months-ish. He is getting up once a night most nights and our pedi said he needs to go all night now, which he can do, he just doesn't do often. I'm thinking about weaning him off the middle of the night feed and ferbering when he does wake up. I don't want a week of bad nights just because I'd be a grouch with my kids at school and that's not fair to them. I know I'll have a few bad nights, there's no getting around that but I'd rather start those on a Thursday night and just hope it's better by Sunday night.

Sorry I'm no help, this is just what we're planning on doing soon. I hope it works for you and she's sleeping through the night soon!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options

How did she do overnight? 

It is so hard to listen to your LO cry but sleep training was SO worth it for us.  The first and second nights were the worst, but it does get better.  DS started going long stretches that first week and I'd only feed him if he got up at or after 3am, which he dropped after a few weeks, too.  The crying sucks, but when they start sleeping through the night and waking up happy with big smiles on their face, it's all worth it.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry. Mom guilt is so rough. We didn't sleep train, so I don't have tips, but I wanted to send some hugs!!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options
    We waited so long to sleep train (10 months) that it ended up being really quick and easy for us.  She was so ready for it, and so were we.  The first night she cried for 25 minutes, the second night it was less than 10.  And from then on she would go to sleep on her own and STTN.  H is a little older too, so hopefully it works as easily for you as it did for us.  Although I've heard many people say that the second night is the hardest.  That wasn't true for us though.  GL!  I hope tonight is awesome.
    I'm sorry you felt alone during this.  It is very frustrating to have to deal with a LO with poor sleep skills while YH is snoozing away in another room.  Ugh!  But hopefully it gets better soon and you'll be snoozing right along side him.  :)
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    When we trained my DS, it was really rough.  He couldn't sleep without being swaddled, but at 6 months he was busting out every hour and couldn't go back to sleep.  So I pulled the bandaid off, and we just ferbered without the swaddle.  I decided to still feed him overnight if he woke up >3 hours after his last feed (he was a peanut and I was weaning, so I had no idea how much he was eating and if he was hungry).  The first night he cried for 1.5 hours at bed time, woke up to eat about 5 hours later, went back to sleep for an hour and then cried for another 1.5 hours before I gave up and brought him into bed with me.  He didn't cry at all when he went down for naps (unheard of for him!).  The second night it was still almost 1.5 hours at bed time, but he woke up at 1am and 5am and he ate, then went back to sleep easily.  The third night, he cried for 20 minutes, again woke 2 times to eat.  Fourth night he cried for 5 minutes, 2 feeds over night.  Night 5 was no crying, but again 2 feeds.  After 2 weeks he was down to one feed overnight, and then about 6 weeks later he was STTN.  We ferbered when he was 6 months, so it took until 7.5 for him to stop waking up to eat, but like I said, I think he was really hungry (he was only 10% and a very distractable kid - he made up for his lack of eating at night!).  

DD#1 was a fabulous sleeper and never needed ferber, but DD#2 got ferbered on the fly one night when I couldn't take the wake ups any more.  She cried at most for 10 minutes about 3 times one night, and has been pretty much STTN since.  

It is crazy how different they all are!  I will say I am happy that my first was the worst sleeper.  I was pleasantly surprised when the other 2 were easier!  

Good luck, it is rough but SOOO worth it!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"