California Babies

Fresno, CA family friendly neighborhood suggestion?

Hi, My husband is currently interviewing with community regional medical center in Fresno.  If he ends up taking this job we would have to move rather quickly.  I was wondering if anyone out there had suggestions for great neighborhoods to look into, or at least parts of town, etc. I know nothing about it at all!  We have a 1.5 year old and a 4 year old who will be going into Kidnergarten in the fall. So, great schools are definitly a top priority!  Thanks for any advice about Fresno, CA!! 

Re: Fresno, CA family friendly neighborhood suggestion?

• I would highly recommend you look into moving to Clovis.  It's right next to Fresno and you won't notice you have changed zip codes as you drive through.  Clovis is known for having far superior schools than Fresno.  It's much safer than many parts of Fresno and has a lower crime rate (as it's a smaller city than Fresno).  There are many neighborhood parks around and there is also the old Sugar Pine Trail that runs through the middle of the town that is great for jogging or taking the kids on walks.  Many neighborhoods butt up to this trail.  If you're set on Fresno, I prefer the North East part of the city, north of Herndon Ave between Milbrook and Willow Ave.  Also, many Fresno neighborhoods have Clovis schools rather than their own Fresno schools.  So just be sure to live near a Clovis school for sure.  Hope this helps!
  • JESSTURES said:
    I would highly recommend you look into moving to Clovis.  It's right next to Fresno and you won't notice you have changed zip codes as you drive through.  Clovis is known for having far superior schools than Fresno.  It's much safer than many parts of Fresno and has a lower crime rate (as it's a smaller city than Fresno).  There are many neighborhood parks around and there is also the old Sugar Pine Trail that runs through the middle of the town that is great for jogging or taking the kids on walks.  Many neighborhoods butt up to this trail.  If you're set on Fresno, I prefer the North East part of the city, north of Herndon Ave between Milbrook and Willow Ave.  Also, many Fresno neighborhoods have Clovis schools rather than their own Fresno schools.  So just be sure to live near a Clovis school for sure.  Hope this helps!
    I agree with PP. Riverpark/ northeast area and it is much better and there are clovis schools. or you could try old fig garden area, also has great schools.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, I would definitely agree with Clovis Unified School District! Good zip codes generally are 93720, 93730, 93719, and a few others in Clovis. Good luck, Fresno/Clovis is a nice place to raise a family.
  • Check into Madera ranchos. Its 10 minutes north of riverpark off the 41. Which would be a super easy commute to fresno community. There's great schools that have a great community involvement. Local businesses, Facebook pages that help with community involvement, and the home prices are cheaper than Clovis and offer so much more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"