LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!

Come one, come all... tell us 10 things, any 10 things, that are on your mind today! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• @KH826- I am excited for you and crossing fingers and toes for a good beta tomorrow!!!!!

1- we are trucking along at 16.5 weeks and its so amazing watching J's tummy grow!

2- my favorite part of each day is playing with her belly in the evenings. I can feel around and feel where/how each baby is lying :)

3- I'm in the middle of applying to medical school and it feels like TTC... Throwing tons of money at something I don't know will work out :/

4- I also just started school and between med schools apps, babies, and working full time... I'm slacking already

5- really stressed about 4/5

6- all I want to do is think about the babies and enjoying "being expecting"

7- I feel like I just had a mini pitty party and for that I'm sorry. I will get back to work now ;)

8- I am LOVING this cool autumn sunny weather!

9- A/S in two weeks exactly and I really want everything to be okay with both babies. Also really excited to find out the sexes!

10- Thoughts are with KH826, 2mamaz B&C, and really all TTCers. Good luck everyone :)
    My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Yesterday I had horrible nausea from the new birth control pill I'm on to control my endo before IVF

2. Today I feel ok so far. We will see. Yesterday's really hit in the afternoon.

3. We are two days into the TWW and I'm glad the progesterone suppositories aren't going into my body. :)

4. One week from today! So excited.

5. With one week Til the move I am trying to find the right balance between buying groceries so that we don't have to eat out all the time and not buying anything that won't be used up by the move time.

6. I'm super grateful that M's mom and her husband and M's sis are coming to help us pack, organize, and move.

7. Tomorrow is the last garbage day before we move so we have to put out the couch that we're getting rid of which will mean no couch for 5 days.

8. My back was really acting up this weekend. As a result I haven't done any exercise in several days. Am a bit afraid to try jogging again because of the back but also do want to do more of that.

9. Am excited for KH826's beta tomorrow and 2mamaz's next week. I selfishly wish KH would hpt so I don't have to wait another day and a half for results.

10. I want to take a nap but it isn't even 10:30 yet. Guess I will make coffee instead.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Happy Tuesday Folks!

1. I am 8dpo (ici at home) and the 2nd week of the TWW sucks!

2. I have been having some very low cramping, I say its my uterus stretching (or it could be poop cramps, haha)

3. We are finally just some paperwork  and one home visit away from being licensed foster parents.  It seems like the process and is a lot of hurry up and wait.  We started the process in March and are hoping to have children by October!

4. We have been so lucky and blessed to have people donate larger items, like cribs, carseats, high chair and lots of clothes and toys.  So we are plenty prepared for children and our own baby, hopefully!

5. We have been having some car issues lately and I think we are going to bite the bullet and buy a mini van :-(  We don't even have kids yet and I am going to be that "mom"  We could go from no children to 4 over night, so we want to be prepared.  

6. I have always known that a positive side effected of prenatal vitamins are longer nails and hair, but its becoming a problem.  My nails are growing like crazy and long nails are not a lesbians friend ;-) and I have a shorter hair style and it needs to cut so much more often.  Its a little annoying.  

7. My mom is jumping on the baby train with us and is super excited for us to have a baby.  I appreciate her support and love that she is getting excited, but its also a lot of added pressure to get knocked up.  She lives 15 minutes away but wants us to move closer so she can be even closer to her future grandchildren.  She is a like cra-cra, lol

8. I am loving this fall weather!  70s during the day and 50s at night, ahhh I could really get used to it!

9. This is our favorite time of year to have bon fires on the patio, well that was abruptly put to an end.  The local fire department was out inspecting the complex and said our in-ground fire pit (we built) was not allowed :-(  We have had it for two years and never had a problem, but I guess we just hadn't got caught before.  We used it pretty often and both ourselves and our neighbors have the ingredients for smores at all times.  We are so sad, but maybe we will lose a little weight

10.  I am so excited for so many of the people on this board that doing ivf, and hopeful for us in the TWW!  Good luck everyone!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• 1. Last night, I noticed on my ticker that it had been 6 months, 1 week and 1 day since we lost or baby at 16w. The baby they put in me yesterday? Due on 6/11. Coincidence or kismet??

2. I am sporting my progesterone rack. That is, my boobs look awesome, but I have a strict no touching policy with J. Ouch.

3. It's amazing this 3rd time through to' really start seeing when symptoms start and understanding the difference between the progesterone and the real thing. I had lots of cramps last night, and was reminded of the constant, low-grade menstrual-like cramping I had until around week 8 last time.

4. Can you say "baby on the brain"? It's interesting though, I feel less 'desperate' than in the past for sure, way more mellow, despite my obsessive posting above.

5. Good luck with your beta tomorrow @KH826! I want to have a serious talk with your doc about a 10dp5dt beta - doesn't he know we are all waiting??? 15 DPO? You are a champ for holding out! FX it is a big number and more so, that it doubles on Friday!

6. My one sister, M, identifies as queer but has only really ever dated women or FTM people. I kept saying "try dating a bio man" and after 4 years of me suggesting it, she put an ad out OK Cupid or something. Third date, she meets a bio guy who is her twin - first statement "you should know I am a staunch feminist"... and she said "he had me at feminist." LOL! It's so great to see her happy and excited - and I love that she embraces her whole queer self and got over her fear of being a 'bad queer' by forming a 'straight' relationship.

7. My residual Catholic guilt is creeping in. My doc does the kinda standard beta on 14DPO, so 9dp5dt - so my usual nurse and I had set it up for 10/3, next Wednesday. Yesterday when I went, the sheet they gave me said it should be on 10/2 - so I moved it of course, thinking my usual nurse had miscalculated. However, I think the transfer nurse was wrong b/c that is only 8dp5dt. So now I am going to call and see if I should move it back. I am a rule-follower at heart, believe it or not. 

8. I think I may be getting sick! I just said to J last night in bed "wouldn't it be amazing if I did not get deathly ill for 3+ weeks in the first trimester this time? that was so awful..." and then I wake up with that 'feeling' in my throat. Couldn't have been last week when I could take something could it?! Seasons have definitely shifted. My feet are freezing again all the time.

9. My BFF sister J is in Manila again for work. I don't like her being so far away especially with our baby stuff happening. She is my soul mate sister and it just doesn't feel right when she's not in her house 1 mile from mine. But we chat and video call so that helps. Still.

10. J's one coffeeshop has a Cuban coffeehouse theme and they offer Cuban sandwiches and Cuban toast. Well her bread supplier just doubled the price! She said 'eff that I'll make it myself' so this weekend, I took a first stab at a prototype recipe she found. I made 1/2 with lard (traditional) and 1/2 with veggie shortening so we could compare. The veggie shortening won! Much puffier loaves, softer overall and a better consistency. We were hoping for that outcome so vegetarians could eat it but she wasn't willing to compromise on it's specific/traditional texture/taste. It was fun but I am glad she took it all to her shop and out of my view!

Happy Tuesday!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• @KH826 good luck! 
    @Wallace323 I'm so sorry you are dealing with so many issues with your little one. I hope she gets to come home and be with her sister and Mommies soon!
    @2mamazinseattle, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    @trisholio I HATE this part of the wait. Also, sorry to hear about the fire department shutting down your bon fire!!
    @healz413 I hope you have a great and easy move!

Everyone else---just sending thoughts and prayers to those who need it!!

AFM:

1. I am 9dpo and this just sucks. We had good timing and did 3 ICI's at home in my FW, but because we are going at this unmonitored, unmedicated and with no intervention, we have no way of knowing whether it will work. 

2. My symptoms have been strange: Boobs feel like they were used as punching bags and I am getting random sharp pains through them that really hurt! I have had more vivid dreams this past week (nothing baby related) than ever before, which is odd, but of course, who knows what it means. My CM is creamy, my temp spiked yesterday and today. Of course, this could all mean nothing. 

3. We had to drive to get my DW's ankle rechecked yesterday and while in the car, I got a super sharp pain, very low. Just once and done. Just enough to make me wonder. 

4. Today I have had a few very low cramps. UGH.

5. I went to my acupuncturist yesterday and she refused to tell me whether or not she thought I was pregnant this time. She wants me to focus on being calm and not overthinking anything, so I am trying not to. She did give me new herbs to drink and they are horrible, but I am choking them down...

6. Speaking of the acupuncturist, her clinic is putting on a cooking class that focuses on nutrition and health. I signed up and then was going to cancel because we didn't want to spend the money, but my acupuncturist then told me not to worry about the money and to come any way because she thinks it will benefit me if I am pregnant. So, starting tomorrow, I will be enjoying a cooking class every other Wednesday until November. I'm excited!

7. Speaking of cooking, I made m delicious veggie chili today and it is currently cooking on low on the stove. Why not the slow cooker, you ask? Well...there is no slow cooker that would fit this massive batch. I usually make enough to last all winter! WOO!

8. Also, I made my wife's favorite cookies...gluten free peanut butter. They are divine and only 4 ingredients. 1 cup sugar, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 egg and 1tsp vanilla. Mix. Scoop out 1 inch balls. Make the cross mark with the fork. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. YUM!

9. DW and I are trying to plan a trip for our 2nd anniversary next week. We aren't sure where to go or what to do, we just know we want to see the fall colors. I'm looking forward to spending more time away with my wife. 

10. We're getting ready to babysit our 4 month old nephew for a few hours today and I can't wait. It is so nice to be surrounded by cuteness. 

Have a great day, everyone! 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• 1. I'm posting my TTT from bed.  I had terrible sleep last night and decided that I would go into work after lunch since I don't have any meetings this morning.  Good decision - I was able to get a good nap and definitely feel a bit better than I did at 6:30am this morning.

2. @KH826, I'm excited about fall TV too.  I was a little freaked out last night because the DVR wasn't working.  Just needed a reboot, so all is well again. :)

3. Feeling very stressed because I have not been reading my birthing books.  I am so tired at night and I don't know what my excuse is on the weekends.  Then, we went to a meet and greet at a pediatric clinic last night, and they suggested even more books.  Sigh.

4. My mom is traveling in Canada right now, so no phone calls or texts.  I hate not being able to talk to my mom whenever I want. :(

5. Wondering if my dad, stepmom, and little sister will actually come and visit after the baby is born.  After confirming the obvious with the pediatrician last night (that flying with a month-old newborn is not a good idea), I texted them to let them know I wouldn't travel for Christmas, but I might be able to travel in February (last month of maternity leave).  I hope they come in January while my little sister is still on break from school, but we'll see.  THey have been to Austin exactly twice in the 9 years I have lived here (once was for the wedding).

6. We are having much milder weather here, thought not quite fall like yet.  Mornings feel incredible!  Days start off in the 60's.  Highs are going to be in the mid to high 90s for the next few days, but I'll take cooler mornings and evenings as a start. 

7. Child birth class #3 tonight.  Wonder what she has in store for us.  We practiced a contraction with our partner last week (by holding ice), and I told Z that I think what I need from her during a contraction is not to talk.  Just need her to be with me and hold me.  Oh, I love my wife, but she does not have a way with words!  I imagine her trying to talk me through a contraction like she talked me through the last few miles of my marathon when she jumped in at mile 22 to run with me for a bit.  Good for a race, but probably not good for labor.

8. Downloaded IOS7 and not sure what I think of it yet.  Z went got the new iPhone 5s and loves it.  I'm due for an upgrade (still have a regular ole 4), but I'm going to wait until the hoopla dies down.  I think they are sold out until Oct anyway.

9. Work has been feeling like work lately.  I'm planning on working up until my due date.  My boss keeps offering for me to work at home some days.  I usually don't like working from home because gotomypc kinda sucks sometimes, but I may take her up on that offer...

10.  I'm all out.  Wishing the best for those of you in the TWW.  Hoping to see GREAT news from KH tomorrow and the rest of you soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. We just hired a new designer at work so the next couple weeks I will be training him.  I'm excited for the extra help he will provide, but not looking forward to the hours of training involved.

2. We close on the house on Friday and yesterday I just found out that they put the wrong roof on :(  I'm not sure what that means for closing and all that. 

3. Waiting to hear back from the realtor confirming the closing date so that I can start calling the rest of the companies (internet, cable, garbage, etc) and getting those set up!

4. I really love that everyone is keeping us in the loop on their TTC/TWW.  I know I don't "know" any of you, but I root for you just the same as if you are were close friends!

5. I'm eating leftover lasagna for lunch.  Normally I don't really enjoy leftovers, but B makes great lasagna that I would fight someone for.

6. Tonight will be another night FULL of packing.  boo.

7. I rented Olympus has Fallen from Redbox and we have yet to watch it.  Has anyone seen it? If it's a crappy movie maybe I will just return it without watching it.

8. My parents are coming this weekend to help move.  I love my parents dearly but full weekends with my mom can be very stressful.  I'm prepping myself already.

9. Pretty sure this is the first week I have run out of things to say...

• 8. 3rd tri pregnancy is really slowing me down. I don't know how @mwagner is doing 12 hour shifts!

I second this!!
  • 1. Why do elementary school kids feel they need to use you for a tissue (teacher)?

2. Why is S having spotting 5dpo????

3. Can't believe we had 3 eggs to work with this time!!! yay!!! Trigger shot + 3 eggs + 2 vials = better chances right?!?!?

4. Loving this weather but hate being in a class with no windows. Teaching bites!

5. 3 more days until I get to track out for 3 weeks (year round school).

6. Missing my dad. Yesterday would have been his 66th bday. He died at 59 from complications from diabetes.

7. Not looking forward to keeping 61 kids alone after school for play practice.

8. Loving the name Emma Lee for a girl and Jeremy Thomas for a boy...any twin or triplet name suggestions?

9. Excited for fall premiers!!!!

10. Really hope we get prego this time.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Looking forward to your beta results, @KH826!  Hoping for strong numbers!!!  @wallace323 - I hope everything with your daughter turns out well!  To others in the TWW: I wish you all peace.  I surely wasn't peaceful myself but I'm making preparations to chill out with my next one.

1) I'm observing classes today so I'm in and out of the office - not sure when I'll actually get this posted!  Glad it's a relatively busy day though.  Makes me feel useful :)

2) I am hungry for lunch but I cannot eat because of my other commitments right now.  Trying to decide if I want to grab something here or hop in my car and get something better...

3) I'm on day 2 of Provera.  So far no side effects... Not that I really expected any.  It's a 7 day dose.  From my understanding my period should start 1-3 days after my last dose?  Is that right?

4) I had my sperm vials sent to my doctor.  Woo hoo!  Another thing checked off the list!

5) Looking forward to the weekend (yes, already).  A friend of mine is coming to visit from out of town and we're going to celebrate her birthday.  We'll be hosting a dinner party at our house on Saturday and I love entertaining :)

6) I am actually not too fond of this weather... it's not quite cool enough for fall, not warm enough for summer.  I feel chilled standing in the shade if I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt but I feel overheated standing in the sun otherwise... it's that weird in-between where the weather makes it difficult to dress in the morning.  I will be happy when we have solid sweater weather!

7) Okay, now I'm really hungry since several hours have passed since I started this!  No time for going out so I guess local chow it is.

8) I need to type up some reports so I need to get this wrapped up.

9) Random thought: September flew by!  Anyone else feel that way?

10) I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday :)

• 1. I am having a gchat therapy session with 2Mamaz as I type this. Yesterday at lunch I had a gchat therapy session with herbabymama.

2. I am in a super weird mental space right now. Hoping I can meet with my real therapist this week (our regular session was cancelled). Not that 2Mamaz and herbabymama aren't amazing therapists in their own ways! Just not licensed or paid for it (as far as I know). Let's be honest, I probably need all the help I can get right now. :)

3. Meds have arrived. Gulp.

4. Told my wife last night that while I reserve the right to change my mind about this (and I may), at this moment I a) do not want to continue TTC if we run out of embryos, b) may not want to use the last 2 embryos if this cycle doesn't work, and c) probably do not want to try to get pregnant a second time if this cycle does work. She was shocked because that is a complete departure from the last time we talked about it, but I think she was somewhat glad. She wants children but I think she cares more about my quality of life/mental well-being and doesn't want to sacrifice the latter for the former.

5. She is a good wife.

6. I'm so wrapped up in my head right now that I'm having trouble putting anything else into this TTT.

7. I am ridiculously eager to hear results from those who are in the 2ww...especially KH since the beta is sooo close!

8. Going to the car dealership tonight to meet with the financing guy. Not my idea of a good time, but it has to be done if I want my car.

9. I am out of things to say.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• 1. FX for everyone in the TWW - I'm hoping for a bucket full of BFP's in the coming weeks. I feel good about it :-)
    2. STILL in limbo land!!!  Arghhh. We're on pins and needles waiting to hear about a job EV really likes and we should hear word this week.
    3. We're also formulating plans B & C if the job doesn't work out and more job hunting needs to take place.  These plans may involve Kaden and I going to visit my folks in Tucson while EV continues the search. We'd have my aunts house to our selves - BUT we'd be across the street from my folks, I'm sure Omi (my mom) will wake us up everyday for a cuddle with Kaden :-)  I'd rather just plan a vacation visit for a week in October - so fingers and toes crossed plan A works out.
    4. Our real estate agent in Roatan just emailed saying that he may have folks to rent both apartments in our Roatan house.  Which would be very exciting.  We should hear more this weekend.
    5. Kaden was playing with the cabinet under the kitchen sink (in our guest cottage) and I asked him to go back over and close the cabinet door. He did.  My son is a genius!!  ;-)
    6. Craving nothing but smoothies - Jamba juice here we come!!
    7. Related to 2 & 3, we are also continuing on the house shopping kick (for a rental). Some new great options just posted on CL today. I really wish today was our get a job and a house (and a smoothie) day!!  Sigh...
    8. Most days I can keep it together pretty well - but sometimes our gypsy lifestyle wears on me...
    9. Okay enough venting and obsessing.  On the positive I have been feeling pretty good. Still various pregnancy symptoms, but in general this pregnancy seems "easier" than last time. Keep hoping this means its a girl (we have a great girls name picked out).  It could be that I'm more distracted and just not paying as much attention, given my toddler is trying to tear the house down around us :-)
    10. Hungry sitting her munching pistachios.  Need to get up and get motivated to take Kaden to the park and get ready to visit an open house.
  • Oh my goodness! I feel such excitement for everyone in their 2ww and I am also feeling super positive for everyone these days! This group issue for a long list of pregnancies and summer babies!

1. I can't believe this pregnancy will be over in probably less than 48 hours

2. I'm currently making a list Of things to do before checking in Thursday morning. Why does it keep getting longer?

3. Picking up my car from the shop. Sigh. Just what I needed... 300 bucks to the dealer for a new back latch. But it's gotta lock with all that baby stuff in it.

4. Enjoying every kick and roll this baby is giving me today and tomorrow. I can't believe it's almost over.

5. I'm furiously re reading a breast feeding book and I feel like I'm cramming and scared I'm going to forget everything.

6. I had to tell my family today that I didn't want them to visit the l&d room which I will only be in for a little while after birth and that they should plan on coming to my recovery room later. And dropped the bomb about my name change today. Ha! My sister actually wrote and said she didn't want anyone in there either(but the while world visited her there). Yeah, I'm setting the boundaries early.

7. Sorry everything is so baby related.

8. I'm also super jazzed about the tv season coming up. We've even abstained from watching boardwalk empire because we're such fans of binge watching now. I literally am on pins and needles for homeland.

9. I am digging the weather here. It's beautiful and will continue to be through the weekend. And I'm so thankful

10. I'm feeling especially squishy with my dogs lately.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.  FX for so many BFPs and high betas in the coming weeks. 

2.  @trisholio - I laughed at your #2 because I was having the exact same thoughts today :)

3.  I'm excited for Sunday as it will be our 1st wedding anniversary.  We are going to dinner with my parent's, and C's mom, youngest brother, sister and sister's boyfriend.  I love them all so much and am so thankful they are supportive. 

4.  Our wedding cake was pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting...it was delicious!  I have been looking forward for a few months to unthawing the top and having some.  I hope it is still just as good.

5.  Speaking of food...I have been wanting to do nothing but eat since yesterday.  Pretty sure it is just emotional eating as I count down my TWW.  This doesn't mesh well with trying to do WW.  I never crave healthy stuff for the most part. 

6.  C and I have had a family membership at our YMCA (they finally recognize ALL families!).  We were faithfully going several mornings a week, which means getting up at 4:30 am for us.  Then we both got sick and our routine quickly fell apart.  We are going to start going again tomorrow morning.  I think it will help both of us in so many ways.

7.  We live out in the country and had some excitement last night!  There is a cabin located way back in the woods just up from our house.  Apparently there was a man and his adult son there last night reportedly "looking for ginseng" he had planted in the 80s.  Our neighbor called the owners and they said this man no longer has permission to be up there...well, he ran into the woods, our neighbor's husband grabbed a loaded gun and shortly later 6 law enforcement officers showed up.  The guy came back and was not arrested as he did once have permission to be on the property.  He is on probation, but we aren't sure for what.  It is sad that we must keep everything locked when we live out in the peaceful country.  Sadly, that is the way it is now. 

8.  I probably shouldn't be watching food related shows when I want to eat everything as it is.  Man vs. Food isn't helping...

9.  I used to love SOA, but lately it has been too violent and bloody for both of us.  I'm a little disappointed in some of the things that have happened.  We continue to watch though. 

10.  I want to start POAS now...I know it is too early really.  I thought about holding out for my blood test this time...who am I kidding!?!?! 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• @ball.and.chain - wait, you're not expecting my bill?

Ha!Like @herbabymama, I am SO on board to help where I can. We are all rooting for you, and by that mean rooting for you to be happy - pregnancy or not, baby or not, now, later, whatever. You are smart and capable and will work out what is really going on here for you! Glad your 'real' therapist fit you in, HBM and I were just warming you up :)

xx

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• mwagner25mwagner25 member
    edited September 2013

Happy Tuesday Everyone. 
     1. I am so excited for all those TTC, sounds like lots of positive cycles and I hope you all transition over to the pregnancy board soon!!! 
    2. Last 12 hour shift is tomorrow. Thanks @herbabymomma and @ATXmommas for validating how much they suck. I cannot wait to be done. 
     3. We interviewed our pediatrician today and LOVE her. We were given the okay to travel to MN this Christmas with the baby as long as he is healthy!! We are hoping to stay a full week at my mom's house since I will be on maternity leave 
    4. We also had an OB visit with a growth US today. He is weighing in at 4lbs6oz, and he is measuring about 63% for gestational age..... except his head which is measuring at 95%. Yikes. 
     5. I am starting to freak out about labor, especially after seeing how big his head is today. My OB is trying to reassure me that I am "tough" and it won't be a problem. 
     6. I finally gave my pups a bath, they were long overdue and it is so nice to have them smelling clean again. 
     7. I am loving the cooler weather and am excited for a day date with my wife this friday to the apple orchard. Every fall I make an apple pie from scratch and make some cider. 
     8. My wife has recently started a new job as a staff writer for an LGBT magazine and I am so proud of her. 
     9. That being said, she is also finishing up her degree (graduating in December) so she is super busy with work and school. I want her to get as much done as she can before the baby comes, but I have been feeling needy and wishing that we had more time to spend together. 
     10. It's after 11 pm, so I should probably head to bed. Did I mention that I only have ONE more 12 hour shift tomorrow? :D

ETA: format
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Ha!Like @herbabymama, I am SO on board to help where I can. We are all rooting for you, and by that mean rooting for you to be happy - pregnancy or not, baby or not, now, later, whatever. You are smart and capable and will work out what is really going on here for you! Glad your 'real' therapist fit you in, HBM and I were just warming you up :)

:x
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"