Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Double stroller preference?

I just found this board, so I apologize if this gets asked frequently.  I have an UppaBaby Vista, and we had originally planned to get a rumble seat when the new baby arrives.  When she's born, DD will be 23 months.  Now that I'm actually looking at the rumble seat, I think I'd rather invest in the Baby Jogger City Mini Double so that they can be side by side.  Is this crazy?  If you have both or have looked at both, what's your preference?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Double stroller preference?

• Options
    Curious to hear what other's say about this
  • Options
    Pretty much everyone does this when they get PG with #2.  They always intend on using the rumble seat, but decide against it.

Anyways, I love my Baby Jogger City Mini Double.  I have used it for almost three years and don't regret it at all.  It is a great stroller with relining seats, great sun shades, turns on a dime, flat fold and two full size seats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pretty much everyone does this when they get PG with #2.  They always intend on using the rumble seat, but decide against it.

Anyways, I love my Baby Jogger City Mini Double.  I have used it for almost three years and don't regret it at all.  It is a great stroller with relining seats, great sun shades, turns on a dime, flat fold and two full size seats.
    I'm glad I'm not alone.  We justified the cost when we bought the Vista thinking that it would be the only stroller we would ever need...  Ha!  3 strollers later, I'm apparently still not done buy them.  Thanks!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

If I were in your shoes, I would get both. A side by side for outside places and the Uppababy with rumble seat for places like the mall.

I use my side by side at the mall all the time.  Never have an issue. I can even fit it in Gymboree with some maneuvering.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

If I were in your shoes, I would get both. A side by side for outside places and the Uppababy with rumble seat for places like the mall.

I use my side by side at the mall all the time.  Never have an issue. I can even fit it in Gymboree with some maneuvering.
    I think my Gymboree is the smallest one in the country. I can barely squeeze a single between the racks. ;)
    I believe you.  Why do they make kid stores so darn small when they know the people who frequent the most are moms/dads with strollers in tow!  My Baby Gap remodeled the store and made the aisles impossible to get through.  I complained to the workers and they didn't seem to care.  OK then.  I won't be shopping here anymore.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

I believe you.  Why do they make kid stores so darn small when they know the people who frequent the most are moms/dads with strollers in tow!  My Baby Gap remodeled the store and made the aisles impossible to get through.  I complained to the workers and they didn't seem to care.  OK then.  I won't be shopping here anymore.

I know?!?!?! And all of the stores near me have the baby stuff in the far back so I have to fight my way through the rest of the store. Annoying!

Would you by chance be going to Gymboree in Dallas?  The one at North Park mall is ridiculously small that I hate going there.  Except the cute clothes keep luring me in...

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I love my City Mini Double so so so much!  I use it all the mall all the time.  No issues.  I never thought I wanted a side by side and I was so sure I wanted the City Select but when we tried it in person, I wasn't nearly as happy as I thought I'd be.  We ended up getting the CMD mainly because it folds so easily and so flat and because of the full recline.  DS is 5.5 and still loves this stroller and will even nap in it at Disneyworld. 

• Options
    I have the city mini single and love it. I always planned to go with the city mini double, but the car seat adapter reviews freak me out, so I'm planning on the city select. I think it's the best of both worlds at least to me. I'm just not a fan of seeing kids down below in the rumble seat. 

• Options
    krisstyk1224krisstyk1224 member
    edited September 2013
    Joovy double is knock off version off citi mini double and not $$ .. We love ours! DD 6 months and DS 18 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just throwing this out there but I have a Valco Snap Dual and love it. It's similar to the City Mini Double but it weighs less and has a bigger basket. I love the fact that it can steer with one hand and is only 29 inches across so it fits through most places with no problem.

I didn't think I'd like a double this well but this thing is super easy to maneuver and it even can recline for a newborn. It really folds and opens in 1 step too.

You can get a carseat adaptor for it now directly through Valco Baby.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I will definitely check those others out.  Thanks!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    jburdet1 said:

I have the city mini single and love it. I always planned to go with the city mini double, but the car seat adapter reviews freak me out, so I'm planning on the city select. I think it's the best of both worlds at least to me. I'm just not a fan of seeing kids down below in the rumble seat. 

I think a lot of people install the car seat adaptor wrong on the double so it sits too high/to far out. If you install it correctly it's just fine.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people install the car seat adaptor wrong on the double so it sits too high/to far out. If you install it correctly it's just fine.
    Yes.  You need to fit the car seat in the adaptor correctly.  I used it for 6 months and loved it.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"