Secondary IF
Options

~~~*Making A Home Monday*~~~ (still up for grabs)

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I'm posting this so late today. DS has been a huge terror today. It started at lunch and just went downhill and I am wiped out from it. We are really getting into the terrible two's.

Okay, I will try my best with this. Feel free to tell me it stinks.

Pinned it, Tried it (from Pinterest): DIY Laundry Detergent

Recipe: 1.5 cup Borax
              1.5 cup washing soda
              1 bar laundry soap ( I use Fels Naptha)
               2 bars castille soap ( I use a lavender scented kind. I think the key is to make sure it isn't too sudsy).
               Recommended: Dr. Bronners Classic peppermint ( I will probably try this when my current batch runs out)

Okay, for the next part you will feel like a pioneer housewife on the prairie somewhere. Shred the soap bars and mix together the washing soda and borax. Then blend it all in the blender. This will make everything a fine powder consistency (even  the the soap bars will be powder-y)

The Verdict: It works. It smells awesome and it doesn't irritate my son's skin. However, I would like to find a more "natural" recipe than this even.

To give credit where credit is due the blog that I pinned this from is called "perpetual nesting".

What's for dinner at your house tonight?
I have no clue for us right now. I'm sorry I don't have a recipe to share at the moment. I don't know any of them by heart and I would have to dig them out (I will be more prepared next time).

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: ~~~*Making A Home Monday*~~~ (still up for grabs)

• Options
    The laundry detergent sounds great but I'll be completely honest I am entirely too lazy to do all that work!! LOL

Anyways, we had cheesy chicken & rice for dinner tonight. It's a regular on our rotation! Here's the recipe: https://www.southernplate.com/2010/09/slow-cooker-cheesy-chicken-and-rice-the-downside-of-being-a-swan-princess.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yea, I can't see myself making detergent any time in the near future. I have toilet paper and paper towel on auto delivery from Amazon because I don't even want to bother going to the store unless it's a dire emergency lol. 

We had cheeseburgers and peas for dinner. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mrs Castillo

You have toilet paper and paper towels on auto delivery from amazon? Do wha? How does that work? Do you have to be a prime member or something? Love amazon! :)

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    Update: we had "Brinner" Breakfast for dinner!

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    I LOVE DIY things! I make my own liquid hand soap using Kirk's Castile bar soap. Just put it in a ziplock with ~20 oz of water, then let sit for a few days! Then I funnel it into all our soap dispensers. So easy! I used to buy all our hand soap from Bath & Body Works until I found out the dangers of triclosan. Now I'm saving a ton of money, and it's better for us. Win-win!

Now to dampen the "better for us" mentality..we had McDonalds for dinner.  They have some really cute Wizard of Oz toys right now though. :) 
    photo image.jpg
  • Options

Im with @kndeckar lol... Im way to lazy for all that!! But it sounds wonderful!

Dinner, Well DH is gone for work this week, so I had left over tuna & made a sandwich... and DD had cheese dogs ands Dorito's. We are going to shoot for something better tomorrow night, Today just SUCKED and that was just easy! lol.  

• Options
    Pinned it/Tried it: Soooo does getting clothing ideas and then going shopping count?! Verdict: Huge success :) Dinner tonight was burgers and fries from Smashburger because we were visiting my sister.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options
    Shopping always counts :)

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options

I once tried a homemade detergent and didn't care for the recipe I used.  It was supposed to be a powder version but liquid castille soap was an ingredient.  I never got it to the right consistency, and then called it quits on the homemade detergent.  I might try again soon since DS is on the verge of being out of his cloth diapers, so I won't have to be particular with the detergent I use.

For dinner last night we had bratwursts from a local meat shop.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    CheesyPeasCheesyPeas member
    edited September 2013
    @TicketTuesday, those smudgies sound wonderful!  We've been freezing ripened bananas smeared with peanut butter, rolled in crushed golden grahams, and put on a popcicle stick.  Your smudgies sound like the same great taste with a less messy method of delivery.  I'm totally trying it tonight!
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• Options

I have to admit that I am terrible at DIY and crafty things, and that my husband is a much better cook than I am so often he does the cooking. Last night we had tacos for dinner. DH has a special way he makes tacos for DS using pinto beans so it is more like a burrito since DS loves beans. We try to plan things we know he likes the nights before he goes to daycare so that he can bring leftovers for lunch and eat well there.

DS isn't a fan of peanut butter (or any nut butters really). The smudgies recipe sounds great, but I don't think he would eat them with peanut butter. Anyone have ideas for a peanut butter substitute?

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KC1212 said:
    @Mrs Castillo You have toilet paper and paper towels on auto delivery from amazon? Do wha? How does that work? Do you have to be a prime member or something? Love amazon! :)
    LOL yea, I have prime so I have all the basics delivered and I get 20% off my order every month. It's amazing. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KC1212 said:
    @Mrs Castillo You have toilet paper and paper towels on auto delivery from amazon? Do wha? How does that work? Do you have to be a prime member or something? Love amazon! :)
    LOL yea, I have prime so I have all the basics delivered and I get 20% off my order every month. It's amazing. 
    Hmmm I need to look into this today! We have prime and just put the last extra roll of TP in the house on today. Makes so much sense!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options
    @KC1212 Nice work... I think this was a great start at this topic check in.  
    =D>

• Options
    Jen071407 said:

KC1212 said:

@Mrs Castillo

You have toilet paper and paper towels on auto delivery from amazon? Do wha? How does that work? Do you have to be a prime member or something? Love amazon! :)

Hmmm I need to look into this today! We have prime and just put the last extra roll of TP in the house on today. Makes so much sense!

Ditto!

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options

@AlmostWright, I don't think you would need a peanut butter replacement in the smudgies unless you want one.  Frozen bananas have a pretty nice consistency, and I think bananas and graham crackers alone would be pretty yummy.  I like that peanut butter provides some extra fat, calories, and protein for my shrimpy kid, so I would probably try adding some yogurt to the mixture if DS didn't care for nuts; I think that would be pretty yummy too.  For a treat for himself, I could see DH adding chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, or Nutella (which still might be too nutty for your LO) to the mixture.  Of if you want texture, I bet rice krispies mixed into the mashed bananas might be fun.

August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"