Washington Babies

Ped and OB/GYN Recs in Seattle?

My family is relocating to Seattle in six weeks and I would love recs for great pediatricians and a pro-VBAC OB (not pregnant now but maybe in a few more years and I don't want to switch doctors) in Seattle. We will probably be living in North Queen Anne.

Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ped and OB/GYN Recs in Seattle?

• I live in Queen Anne. 

I like Meghan McKeever at Seattle OBGYN.  They were very pro VB, unless it is medically necessary to have C-section.  With my second pregnancy and a couple of weeks of hospital bedrest and even when I just wanted to have a C-section, they did everything they could to prolong the pregnancy and I was eventually cleared for VB.  Both of my kids were born by VB at Swedish First Hill.  So you would have to ask them about being pro VBAC.  https://www.seaobgyn.com/profiles.html

For a pediatrician, we go to Jessica Lindsay at Polyclinic Pediatrics.  She is on maternity leave now and just had a baby girl.  The staff is really friendly, and we saw another pediatrician when we were there for an appointment this past Friday.  There is also a OBGYN on the same floor, but I have not gone to that OBGYN.   https://www.polyclinic.com/dr_jessica_lindsay

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Thank you so much! How do you like living in Queen Anne with small kids? It seems so appealing in a lot of ways to live in the city but since we have lived here in FL (which is like one giant suburb) for a few years we aren't sure how we will like the city or if we should just move out to Bellevue (which also sounds very nice). Guess we will just have to see which feels more like home :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi!  My husband and I also live on Queen Anne.  It's a fantastic neighborhood (everyone who lives on QA will tell you it's the best neighborhood in Seattle ;) ).    

I go to Seattle OB/GYN and see Anna Daniel.  The office is very pro-VBAC and one of the docs there (I can't remember which one) recently had a VBAC herself.  We've been interviewing doulas and they always have the scoop on all the docs.  All my girlfriends and co-workers go to this practice - it's fantastic.  

My friends and I have been using a new app called Lucky Oyster to share our favorite 'pearls'.  It's been especially fantastic for swapping baby and pregnancy recommendations.  If you're interested, you can find my "baby on board" pearls here:  https://bit.ly/18PV6MB

And my Queen Anne pearls here:  https://bit.ly/18PV6MB

Hope you love Seattle!
  • Oops!  Queen Anne pearls are here: https://bit.ly/16CavKy
  • IrishsapphireIrishsapphire member
    edited September 2013

I really like Queen Anne.  I have lived here for a couple of years.  It has helped to get involved with mommy/kid groups on meetup.com.  Right now, I am involved with Greater Seattle Working Moms meetup.com group, and they have a facebook group as well.  There is also Eastside Working moms meetup.com group.  And there are mommy/kid groups on meetup.com groups that are in different neighborhoods and areas.  It has been helpful to just learn your favorite areas to take your kids--playgrounds in the neighborhood or places like Twirl Cafe or PlayDateSEA that are indoors.  I like KidsQuest which is more on the Eastside.  And then my other favorites are the toddler playground at University Village and there is a playground that is near Green Lake Community Center that I like to take my kids to. 

As well, there is a Queen Anne Mom and Dad group on yahoo.com.  You have to provide them with an address in the Queen Anne area in order to become part of the group.  But there are a lot of emails, and it keeps you informed with what is going on in the neighborhood. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Dr. Levitt at northwest pediatrics in north Seattle! It is now part of the poly clinic. I went to her as a child and now LO goes to her and she is Awesome! Very kind, genuine and is very realistic and rational in decisions made. You always know her reasoning for things and she is great at explaining an answering any questions you have. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"