April 2013 Moms
Options

random GTKY

Thought we need something fun and not totally baby focused. Let's get to know each other a little better :)

Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)?

How are you different now?

Night owl or early bird?

What would be your last meal?

Any hidden talents?

Where is your dream vacation?

And share a pic of your LO!

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13

Re: random GTKY

• Options
    Brain/artist/drama geek

I have a lot more confidence and put up with a lot less shit

Night owl turned into an early bird by LO

A large Italian feast, French pastries and a bourbon chaser

I've recently taken up painting again

Really want to take a trip to Paris & Turks and Caicos

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    -I hung out with anyone really. I was a loner for the most part but I did have friends. My regular hang outs were with goths and skaters. I was one of 3 "black people", I put that in quotes because I am only half black. 

-I am still pretty much the same in terms of my taste, more 'skater' type of clothing. My favorite colors are black/red. I have tats and still have piercings. Uh.. I like school work now. I love to go to class now. I am more laid back than I was, but I still know what I want/want done.. just now I am not as abrasive in how I get it or how I get my point across. 

Night owl or early bird?
    -I have always been a night owl. I hate mornings unless I am up all night and watch sunrises, which I love doing.

-Pizza

Any hidden talents?
    -I have great hand/eye coordination, always have, but since I was obese as a child and never played sports other than in PE, I could never use it to become someone... so I use it in games and driving pass assholes who stop in the middle of a street before turning onto another street.

-Japan, Ireland, and Alaska

-Here is a throwback of him at a week old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    tondraluvtondraluv member
    edited September 2013
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? Homecoming court Princess, Winter princess, ASB Social Affairs Commissioner, Senior Dance captain

How are you different now? I care way less what others think. I hung out with the popular crowd back then & got a lot of slack for joining ASB and "nerdy" stuff like that. Funny thing is those "nerdy" things got me in college & I still talk to the "nerds" 

Night owl or early bird? Night owl 

What would be your last meal? A Filet minion & DH's homemade scallops with an aloe water. Also cake batter for desert

Any hidden talents? I can twist my body until a pretzel, well that was pre pregnancy. I haven't tried it since then lol 

Where is your dream vacation? Italy.....we we're actually planning a two week trip for December of last year but my morning sickness (all day sickness) was horrible. Sorry I can't space my answers, stupid iPad update.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? Geeky athlete.

How are you different now? Not much of an athlete anymore.

Night owl or early bird? Night owl. Hate mornings

What would be your last meal? A Thai feast.

Any hidden talents? I think I'm a pretty amazing cook when time allows.

Where is your dream vacation? One of those little huts that sit above the water. Bora bora or Figi I think.

And share a pic of your LO! Happy baby this afternoon.

• Options
    @clandestinex I know what being one of very few "black" people is like. That is until I moved to So Cal

• Options
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? None of the above? Token white girl maybe? Lol. I kept my head down and just tried to make it out in one piece.

How are you different now? I'm more outgoing but still reserved. I'm not as fearful anymore but have definitely been brought up to be aware and watch my back.

Night owl or early bird? Neither. I like 10am.

What would be your last meal? Mmm. Tough one. All you can eat crab legs with a side of steak with a red wine mushroom sauce. And then a whole box of the Birthday Cake Oreos.

Any hidden talents? I can touch my nose with my tongue and can put both of my feet behind my head.

Where is your dream vacation? Any deserted beach. Weather low 80s and awesome food.

Baby A makes the funniest faces!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was a cheerleader, but mostly a big partier.  My drinking ended up causing me a LOT of problems at an early age.
    I don't drink at all, and I can't stand any of that "popular" crowd that I knew in high school.  I have raised my 13 yr old to be a much more reserved, artist type.
    Night owl or early bird?
    NIght owl all the way.
    Cake with whipped icing and a glass of milk.
    Any hidden talents?
    I'm really good at billiards, but that was something I did when I was drinking and hanging out in bars all of the time.  I could get a table for my house, but I just don't enjoy it as much when I'm sober, and I'm not as good.  I'm just being honest..lol.  
    I would love to visit a tropical island.  I've never been outside of the continental US, Canada, and Mexico.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? I was in the color guard and the venture crew (the coed part of boy scouts) but more shy and a loner.

How are you different now? I care less what people think. I am a derby girl so I found my way of making completely new different friends

Night owl or early bird? I was more of a night owl but preferred classes/appointments in the morning so I would get up. LO is making me a morning person no matter what.

What would be your last meal? a meal from Takoka and my moms gooey butter cake for dessert.

Any hidden talents? I can still do the splits

Where is your dream vacation? Ireland

• Options
    tondraluv said:
    @clandestinex I know what being one of very few "black" people is like. That is until I moved to So Cal
    It was interesting wasn't it? Lol.

• Options

The youngster

Way more out spoken.

Night owl or early bird?
    Early bird

Anything carol made. A friends mom. Everything she makes is so good.

Any hidden talents?
    ? I'll have to think on this one.

It was Europe and that was last July. So I need to think of the next place for when we are ready for #2.

• Options
    none5none5 member
    edited September 2013
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? Cheerleader

How are you different now? I am a bit more jaded 

Night owl or early bird? I used to be an early bird 

What would be your last meal? Something from Mama's Fish House in Hawaii or cereal. 

Any hidden talents? None that I can think of 

Where is your dream vacation? Excellent question. I have really been wanting to go to New Zealand lately. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was definitely the shy girl. Everyone talked to me but I had few friends and just tried to keep to myself.

Since high school I've lost 160lbs (believe it or not), I'm more out going, more involved in activities, and I help people who have been through what I've been through.

Night owl or early bird?
    Definitely an early bird.

Something italian, with a lot of carbs :)

Any hidden talents?
    I'm very flexible and can put my feet behind my head.

Bora Bora!

• Options
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? The girl with the boy friend that she had since they were 12. But hey 20 years later and still going strong! I was really quiet too.

Now I am loud!
    Night owl or early bird? Early bird

What would be your last meal?Pizza

Any hidden talents?Nope

Back to Israel
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)?  Nerdy Jock

How are you different now?  Although I am still a tom-boy at hear, I am much more girlie

Night owl or early bird?  Early birdie

What would be your last meal?  Spaghetti and meatballs.  Good meatballs!

Any hidden talents?  Interior house painting/decorating

Where is your dream vacation?  Right now...just about anywhere! :)  Italy...including the amalfi coast.

• Options

Who were you in high school?
    Varsity dance all 4 years. Our cheerleading team was the team you joined if you didn't make the dance team. I hung out with the party people.

I don't party. And I am much more conservative.

Night owl or early bird?
    Night owl

Cheeseburger from anywhere!

Any hidden talents?
    Haha. I decided to share the picture of my hidden talent. Excuse the no shirt. This isn't really a "hidden" talent but the fact that I could do this and hold the phone long enough to take the picture while measuring 40plus weeks pregnant....was a talent to me!

Australia.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? Primarily I was CEO and Chairwoman of the band geeks (flute)

How are you different now? Well, despite starting school as a music perf major, I barely pick up any instruments anymore.  I thnik I'm the same though -- confident, kind, outgoing, funny, laid back.

Night owl or early bird?  Early bird.

What would be your last meal?  Oooh, I'm a foodie so this is a tough one. Probably a really high end cut of steak, huge baked potato, and a salad with all my favorite goodies-- avocado, beets, goat cheese, candied nuts, balsamic vinagrette

Any hidden talents?  Cooking, writing, decorating, music

Where is your dream vacation?  I don't know that I'd call it "dream" vacation because it isn't super luxurious., but I'm hoping to go to the grand canyon next month, and I'd really like to visit Napa/ Sonoma. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? I was a matching band geek. And I loved every minute of it! I played flute. 

Me too!  Love loved loved marching band!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? I was a cheerleader in high school and college... and now, I'm a cheerleading coach!

How are you different now?I'm much independent now.  I used to rely on my friends a lot when I was younger.  Not saying I don't have friends now, but a quiet night at home by myself is always welcomed :)

Night owl or early bird?Early bird

What would be your last meal?My family has an awesome mexican lasagna recipe! Mix that with some Spanish rice & black beans... yum!

Any hidden talents?Not so much a hidden talent, but people say I'm pretty crafty.

Where is your dream vacation?Italy.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Options
    Long time shy lurker-

Who were you in high school : I was in Color Guard. And I guess a nerd because I strived to do good in school.

How different are you now : I'm kind of the same. Quiet at first, still a home body most of the time. I'm a lazy dresser compared to HS though.

Night owl or early bird : out of the two probably early bird.

What would your last meal be: Either mexican or TGI Fridays jack daniel chicken.

Any hidden talents : not really.

What is your dream vacation : anything to Alaska or maybre Aruba

Idk how to turn the picture right side up but that was taken Saturday before we went to dinner.
  • Options
    Sol1790Sol1790 member
    edited September 2013
    Who were you in high school: I was cheerleader,and editor of the school newspaper. Im the girl who talked to everyone cool kids,geeks,goths,band kids,foreign exchange. You name it I was friends with!

How different are you now: Im still friendly and super outgoing! But I have matured. No longer think of the world as good,pretty,and a pink bow on top. I know now life is hard and you make the best of it. It's the little things that count.

Night owl or early bird: I can do both

What would your last meal be: im with MelissaD23 anything mexican! Specially tacos. But real mexican tacos,no taco bell lol

Any hidden talents: Im not sure

What is your dream vacation: I would love to go to Paris. And I want to see the northern lights in person I am fascinated by them!

Mommy and baby ❤
  • Options
    ceamac0127ceamac0127 member
    edited September 2013

Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? Athlete all the way

How are you different now? I went from being a loud outgoing kid to a quiet introverted adult. Still very active though

Night owl or early bird? neither. early to bed , late to rise is my perfect day but for the sake of picking one it would be early bird

What would be your last meal? it would definitely be something homestyle, nice and fatty. that i've been too afraid to eat my whole life because of the fat and calories

Any hidden talents? I have a very on point monkey call. its scary how much it sounds like a monkey

Where is your dream vacation? the maldives

this is why I start taking the monthly pictures the week before:

• Options

I was a cheerleader and played softball all 4 years.

Im still the same person. Outgoing but can be shy and put family first. I just added hubby, baby girl and dogs!

Neither but if I had to choose then night owl. I hate getting up!

My last meal would be Chinese. I love General Tso Chicken!!

I don't have any hidden talents that I can think of!

My dream vacation was Hawaii and I finally got to go there last year!

Here is Anya at 3 months. Im on my work computer and haven't uploaded any new ones on here!

<3 Married the Love of my Life Louie 3.17.12
    <3 Our precious baby girl Anya 4.18.13
    <3 Our handsome baby boy Louie 6.6.14

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    My high school was unique in that the different groups mixed a lot. Also I was an overachiever: I was prom queen, captain of my tennis and soccer teams, president of the service club and in show choir and all the musicals. 

I'm more laid back. I was really intense back then and, like I said, an overachiever. Now I'm content being really "into" one or two things and focusing on those instead of being the best at everything. 

Night owl or early bird?
    Early to bed, late to rise, in an ideal world. 

Grilled cheese and tomato soup, and a medium filet mignon. 

Any hidden talents?
    This is weird but I'm really efficient. Like, if you gave me a hundred envelopes to stuff, I'd be done in 10 minutes. I worked a marketing job in college where we had to do tons of mass mailings and I'd always finish before my co-workers. I'd be an excellent assembly line worker ;)

My favorite place I've been is Lanai, Hawaii. The place I'd love to go is the Greek Islands to visit H's cousins and spend a week or so on their boat exploring different beaches. 

Just for fun, here's a throwback pic of Ava. 

• Options
    Who were you in high school (cheerleader, nerd, athlete, artist, etc.)? I was part of the "popular clique". 

How are you different now? I am still pretty friendly and personable but i only have 5 total best friends. Everyone else is an acquaintance. 

Night owl or early bird? Always a night owl. Until Rylee came along and wont let me sleep in anymore :((

What would be your last meal? Seafood Fest. I am obsessed with shrimps, fish, lobster, crab and anything from the ocean.

Any hidden talents? nope! i am not creative or crafty or anything LOL :/

Where is your dream vacation? Greece/Italy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"