Georgia Babies

Anybody have a family centered C-Section or know a Dr. that does them?

We are starting to try for #2 next month as soon as I can get Charles weaned.  My first birth experience was completely awful to the point I was knocked out for delivery. This totally destroyed my hopes of a natural deliver.  However, I will not try for VBAC as the experience last time was just too traumatic. That being said, I am looking for a Dr. that will do a C-Section as naturally as possible. At least allowing me skin to skin with our baby as quick as possible.  Searching for a new OBGYN!

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

Re: Anybody have a family centered C-Section or know a Dr. that does them?

• Dr. Bootstaylor - a friend recently had a c-section with him and it was a wonderful experience. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been happy with everyone at OB/GYN of Atlanta.  Had to transfer to them just before my 3rd trimester because my company insurance changed, so I met with several doctors and midwives until I found one I really clicked with (Dixie Shepard), but really had no problems with any of them.  I would recommend looking for a midwife over a doctor as they are more hands on and family oriented.  Of course they can't do the c-section, but they can be there with you (I ended up having an unplanned c-section and Dixie stayed with me the whole time).
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been happy with everyone at OB/GYN of Atlanta.  Had to transfer to them just before my 3rd trimester because my company insurance changed, so I met with several doctors and midwives until I found one I really clicked with (Dixie Shepard), but really had no problems with any of them.  I would recommend looking for a midwife over a doctor as they are more hands on and family oriented.  Of course they can't do the c-section, but they can be there with you (I ended up having an unplanned c-section and Dixie stayed with me the whole time).
    I go to OBGYN of Atlanta too. Had two babies with the midwives.  I have seen many of the drs as well. Both of my neighbors go there and had c-sections. I am almost positive both had skin to skin contact and were breastfeeding in no time following the surgery. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think so much of it also has to do with the hospital itself.  Kennestone is too far for you but I have been so pleased with both of my c/s's there.  The baby never left my side- they weighed and measured right there where I could see and then immediately handed baby to DH and encouraged him to hold baby right next to me even cheek to cheek.  Oh and I was nursing within 20 minutes of birth both times.  Yay for trying for #2- good luck!

• Dr. Bootstaylor is the one I know of in the area that does truly family-centered sections.  From what I've heard you can even begin breastfeeding in the OR as you're being stitched up.   When it looked like I might need a second section, my plan was to switch to Dr. Boots. (My previa resolved and I was able to VBAC though.)

Also, if you'd like a safe space to process your last birth, the Atlanta ICAN group is great. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Dr. Bootstaylor is INCREDIBLE. He walked me through what a c-section would be like should our VBAC have failed. His demeanor, his willingness to talk at length about your concerns - everything about him (and the staff at Intown Midwifery) is amazing. I'm pretty convinced that he was the only reason my midwife was truly able to get me my VBAC. He completely trusted her and let her do her job. He was there with me during the birth because of the fear of complications and actually and helped me push my son out (sorry, TMI). I can't say enough about him.
    Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Another vote to Dr. Bootstaylor!  I wound up having a successful VBAC under conditions that most likely no other doctor would have allowed.  I've heard that his C-section experience is wonderful.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm about to have a family centered c with dr hughan Frederick, Isis obgyn at north Fulton hospital. I have complete placenta previa so no other options. Isis is wonderful and I've opted for most of my care with the midwives. My friend just had a c with bootstaylor and he has a wonderful rep as well.
  • Another ob/gyn of atlanta.  LOVE all of the midwives.

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"