VBAC

VBAC Consent form

I am almost 25 weeks pregnant and planning a VBAC at home. Today at my appointment with my midwife, I had to sign a crazy VBAC consent form.  It was a little scary, but mostly ridiculous.  I am so glad I have a midwife who explained everything to me and eased my fears.  My favorite was part you had to sign that said "You understand that you can choose to have a repeat cesarean at any time." Well, duh! I mean no one is forcing me to do this.  It would be easier for me and less expensive to go for the second C-section (since my insurance won't cover homebirth) But I am so determined to do this.  I am starting my Bradley class next week and I am trying to give myself every possible chance of making this happen.  I just wish they didn't make you sign all that to have a VBAC. No one made me sign a bunch of crazy papers when they cut my stomach open. Doesn't make sense to me.

Re: VBAC Consent form

• You didn't sign a consent form for your surgery? I don't think that's right. Someone signed something saying that you consent

I am glad you had a supportive MW there. The form always looks intimidating!!
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I signed one for my first VBAC. I also signed consent papers for my c/s. I did not sign a VBAC consent form for my 2nd VBAC. I'm sure I would have signed consent forms for an RCS.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Loading the player...
  • I did have a consent form with my surgery, but it wasn't so frightening, even though the surgery is just as serious as having a VBAC. That's why I was surprised.
  • I think with the surgery, it is less scary, because the form is in the moment. And you generally don't have much choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"