TTC after 35

OPKs

How often do you test ? after you get a positve how often do you BD?

Re: OPKs

• When using the Clearblue Easy brand I tested once maybe twice a day. I bought the cheapie wondfo dip tests and test 3x a day now...since they are so cheap. However, I've never gotten a positive, so not sure how to advise. We bd every other day regardless, just in case. Good luck!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• I also use Wondfo brand because they are cheap. Which leads to obsessive peeing :)

I usually ovulate between day 12-15, so I start around day 9-10. I know the brand well enough that when it's almost positive, we have sex, and then usually the day of a positive as well.

Although, if you see fertile CM, you should just have sex, positive OPK or not. You could miss your surge, that is why I test twice a day.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • ksgsmuksgsmu member
    edited September 2013
     I usually ovulate on CD 12 so I start checking mid morning and then 10-12 hours later in the evening on CD9-10.  I have a fade in pattern so that gives me a good idea by how dark it is to know when to test again.    I use wondfos as well..

As for BD we never have a timing issue as we BD almost daily anyways.  Sometimes more during fertile week or a positive opk
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"