Secondary IF
Options

Results

Well I just got home from my follow up for the blood work my husband and I had. Everything came back NORMAL, except for the (brace yourself, big word coming through, lol) Lupus Anticoagulants Antibodies test, which was inconclusive and showed a false/positive. According to my doctor, it test for a type of blood clotting disorder which occurs in the placenta. It can be hereditary, and my aunt informed me she had it also. She had to give herself daily injections of blood thinners (I believe) to sustain her last pregnancy after numerous losses. My levels were too high and gave them a false positive result, so I really don't know if that's good, or bad. We had to go back to the lab today and retake the test, so hopefully they will be able to tell if its pos or neg and we can move forward. My doctor said that if it DOES come back positive, then I have to wait 12 weeks and RETAKE it, because you have to have 2 positives, for some reason, to confirm it. I don't really understand that part, but okay? ohh and as SOON as I got home, AF greeted me at the door :) Which means I now get to finally call the doctors office back and reschedule that SIS to be done. 37 days really is to long of a cycle, I feel for you women that have even longer ones! So, hopefully not too much longer until we get the clear to actively TTC again. FX, for that anyway! Other than this miserable Karma Cold, that's all I have to report for the day, Lol. :)   Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far!

Karma Cold = Was bragging to my family in FL how nice the weather has been in NC, and instantly got sick, Well played KARMA lol

Re: Results

• Options
    Wait - u live on base in NC? Omg! Is your hubs stationed at Fort Bragg?!

Sorry- totally not related to your post.

I'm happy to hear your getting some answers (kinda?) at least if u do have that diagnosis (I'm not typing it out) they know how to treat it!

And long AF cycles suck monkey butt. The longer my cycle, the worse my cramps are :(

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options

Lol, I do live on base... But I live on Camp Lejeune, my husband is a Marine. im guessing you live on Ft. Bragg? Do you like it over there?

No worries

Thanks, we are happy about our half answer too! lol :)

Same for me ive noticed about the longer the cycles the worse the cramps :-/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad you got some answers.  I'm sorry it came with more questions.  

However, YOU call up those people at the SIS office and you demand an appointment and you tell them when like a BOSS! (Still irritates me they did that to you!) 

• Options
    No, I lived on Fort Bragg when I was little. I'm an army brat :) My dad was in the 82nd Airborne.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Options
    I'm glad you got some answers.  I'm sorry it came with more questions.  

However, YOU call up those people at the SIS office and you demand an appointment and you tell them when like a BOSS! (Still irritates me they did that to you!) 

LOL this gave me a good laugh!! So needed that, thanks!! lol I will try if my husband doesn't beat me too it, lol. I cant believe they did it either, Ughh, gotta love stupid people! lol.
  • Options
    This blows girl. I am hoping and praying the next test will be a negative so you don't have to go through all that waiting and retesting! What do they want you to in the event the 2nd test is another positive? TTA pregnancy for 3 months? This is so annoying! 

I hope everything works out and turns out just fine. Good luck with your SIS, let us know how that goes. 

P.S I've been feeling super cold here too. It's not actually too bad (low 70s) I'm just always cold lol 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KC1212 said:
    No, I lived on Fort Bragg when I was little. I'm an army brat :) My dad was in the 82nd Airborne.

Ohh okay :) Well from my family to yours, Thank you and your family for your fathers service to this country! :)
  • Options
    This blows girl. I am hoping and praying the next test will be a negative so you don't have to go through all that waiting and retesting! What do they want you to in the event the 2nd test is another positive? TTA pregnancy for 3 months? This is so annoying! 

I hope everything works out and turns out just fine. Good luck with your SIS, let us know how that goes. 

P.S I've been feeling super cold here too. It's not actually too bad (low 70s) I'm just always cold lol 

Thanks sweetie! 

I really have no idea what the game plan is if it is positive, My mind goes blank every time I have an appointment and I always forget to ask important questions. So I guess i'll have to wait and find out at the next appointment. BOO! Im assuming they would have us hold of and prevent pregnancy though.

Lol, Normally I enjoy the cold weather... But safe to say I've learned my lesson about bragging about it!! Im not kidding, no sooner than I pressed ENTER on facebook I started sneezing! -_-

• Options

Hooray for AF!  They better not mess things up this time, so you can get your SIS and hopefully get some answers.

Ugh to a 12 week delay if you get a positive test for that long medical phrase. :(  Hopefully it shows up negative.  When will you hear back about the results from today's test?

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    I am sorry to hear your news.  Did they do the ANA test too?  APA can mean that you could have the antibodies that cause clotting, but its not definitive. Any talk of you seeing a rheumatologist?

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • Options

I am sorry to hear your news.  Did they do the ANA test too?  APA can mean that you could have the antibodies that cause clotting, but its not definitive. Any talk of you seeing a rheumatologist?

Good point! I see a rheumatologist for my 'lupus' symptoms. I will have to double check my paperwork to give you the exact name of what it is I'm being treated for.

• Options

@CheesyPeas Thank you... I think I will get results after the SIS for the next follow up appointment... I am kicking myself for not asking all of these questions to the doctor!!

@SnowflakeBride06 Thank you, also! My doctor hasn't mentioned a rheumatologist, yet... So I guess we will have to wait and see on that. Im really not clear about what all blood work/test they did. They dang sure took a lot of it though, lol. I was only able to remember this test because I made the lab tech right it down for me! :D Im kinda just going with the flow, I don't want to overwhelm my self with information, or what-if's until I get to each bridge so to speak. lol.

• Options
    @SnowflakeBride06 ... (warning, kinda gross question) I just read your siggy (I really need to get in the habit of doing that more often, lol) Since you are diagnosed with what my doctor seems to be leaning towards, I was just wondering... If it is a blood clotting disorder, would that explain all the clots in my menstrual cycle?? or not even close to relevant??... I am truly sorry for my lack of knowledge with everything concerning IF, this is all just so new and I haven't caught up yet. lol.. I promise to ask my doctor more questions and educate myself better!! If only my brain would stop shutting off the second its my turn to talk at doctor appointments!! Lol.
  • Options
    I didn't want my reply to get lost so I thought I would start a new thread

I got dx with Lupus because I was hospitalized twice for high fevers and headaches lasting 2-5 days. It was about a year after I had my daughter.  After the second bought, I changed PCPs and she suggested ANA blododwork, she was thinking I may have vasculitis.  The b/w came back elevated so she sent me to the rheumy.

In the meantime I figured out I had some lupus symptoms, I had attributed to being a result of being a new mom. But my joints hurt terribly especially in my hands and ankles. I would have boughts of major fatigue and lack of appetite.  Also had insomnia despite being tired.  I had thought I had the pregnancy mask but it never faded PP so it was the butterfly rash and gets worse with sun exposure.

If I had not been tested for Lupus, I would probably not thought I had anything.  However, now I know and I can tell when I am flaring because all the symptoms come back. I am on Plaquenil (ok for pg) and it helps me stay feeling good most of the time.  

I do not have APA but some with lupus do and that causes the m/c but usually between 17-20 weeks. They do not think my m/c was b/c of lupus just a fluke.

I would check in with your PCP because I do not think OB/RE's know as much about the disease and you should see a Rhuemy just to follow up too.

I lurk on TTTC because there are some ladies there that have lupus and APA +.

Hope you find out soon!  

PM if you need to!

Took a LONG Break
  • Options

I got dx with Lupus because I was hospitalized twice for high fevers and headaches lasting 2-5 days. It was about a year after I had my daughter.  After the second bought, I changed PCPs and she suggested ANA blododwork, she was thinking I may have vasculitis.  The b/w came back elevated so she sent me to the rheumy.

In the meantime I figured out I had some lupus symptoms, I had attributed to being a result of being a new mom. But my joints hurt terribly especially in my hands and ankles. I would have boughts of major fatigue and lack of appetite.  Also had insomnia despite being tired.  I had thought I had the pregnancy mask but it never faded PP so it was the butterfly rash and gets worse with sun exposure.

If I had not been tested for Lupus, I would probably not thought I had anything.  However, now I know and I can tell when I am flaring because all the symptoms come back. I am on Plaquenil (ok for pg) and it helps me stay feeling good most of the time.  

I do not have APA but some with lupus do and that causes the m/c but usually between 17-20 weeks. They do not think my m/c was b/c of lupus just a fluke.

I would check in with your PCP because I do not think OB/RE's know as much about the disease and you should see a Rhuemy just to follow up too.

Hope you find out soon!  

PM if you need to!

My goodness girl!! Have you been through it or what?! Im so sorry you have had to endure all of this!! Thank you for sharing with me, I think I have a little bit better understanding now... Im going to start my questions list for my doctor, and take it with me to my next appointment. Again, I appreciate the response and so terribly sorry you are going through this. ((hugs))
  • Options

Hope you find out soon!  

PM if you need to!

My goodness girl!! Have you been through it or what?! Im so sorry you have had to endure all of this!! Thank you for sharing with me, I think I have a little bit better understanding now... Im going to start my questions list for my doctor, and take it with me to my next appointment. Again, I appreciate the response and so terribly sorry you are going through this. ((hugs))
    Aww you are sweet, you have been through a lot too.  If I can help with what questions to ask let me know.

I think that you will need multiple b/w tests to confirm the dx, especially with Lupus its a tricky one to dx.  I hope you do not have it but they do say that pg can bring on the symptoms.  Also, I had wound infection PP and they think I had Lupus during my first pg. So greatful my DD was fine!

Took a LONG Break
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen in February. This test common tests as a false positive which is ridiculous. I retook it, and everything was fine. Waiting to hear if you have an autoimmune disease for 2 weeks is really terrifying. You sound like you're in good spirits about it & like you said, it was a false positive. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and undoubtedly inhabited" - Anne Buchanan
  • Options

@SnowflakeBride06 Thank you darlin, I appreciate that!

@Burberry0421 Thanks sweetie! Im so glad to hear your test came back good and you are okay. Im trying not to focus on it too much, until I know more that is. There is no better medicine than a good attitude and a smile on your face :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"