Secondary IF

Not Board Related: Running?

I've noticed there are some runners on here. Not one of my RL friends even exercises, so I hope it's okay to ask you ladies.

Do you run outdoors or at the gym?

If gym: I have an odd fear of running on the treadmill. I'm afraid I will fall on my face.

and general question: every time I attempt running (jogging?) I feel like my ribs burn with effort BUT I'm fine with Yoga and elliptical? is there a pace that doesn't feel like your dying ? Lol.

Also do you have a favorite play list for it?

Thanks!

I ask because it seems very conducive to letting off steam!

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: Not Board Related: Running?

• I wish I could get back into running. I liked running outside and then I would run around the track at the rec center.  The only thing I like about the treadmill, is it somewhat gives you an idea of how far you have gone, and calories burned. (not accurate i don't think, but close)  I think when it comes to pace you just have to start off slow and work your way to running harder and running more.  I have heard and seriously correct me if I am wrong, because I am no way a fitness expert, but I think the elliptical is easier on your knees and other parts too isn't it? 
    I want to be one of those people who are addicted to running! Any idea on how to become that person? 

My playlists are always angry music. 
    \:D/

• I have been doing the Couch to 5K program. It is an app you can get on your phone. It starts off easy with like 1 min running followed by 1.5 min walking and gradually increases the amount of time you run until you run the whole thing. I LOVE it. I can really tell my endurance has increases from doing it for 3 weeks. I've new a big slacker this week though :( But the app is pretty cool...it keeps track of your distance, pace, and you can load a play list on it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oops meant to say I've BEEN a big slacker!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I'll check out that app!

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• KC1212 said:
    I've noticed there are some runners on here. Not one of my RL friends even exercises, so I hope it's okay to ask you ladies. Do you run outdoors or at the gym? If gym: I have an odd fear of running on the treadmill. I'm afraid I will fall on my face. and general question: every time I attempt running (jogging?) I feel like my ribs burn with effort BUT I'm fine with Yoga and elliptical? is there a pace that doesn't feel like your dying ? Lol. Also do you have a favorite play list for it? Thanks! I ask because it seems very conducive to letting off steam!
    I run outside if at all possible, even in the winter (I live in MN).  I hate treadmills.  If I'm going to run on a treadmill, I have to do intervals or something to break up the monotony.

When you're tired, sometimes it's actually a conscious effort to slow down.  I can tell when I'm not in great shape because I'm getting tired too quickly but my body wants to keep going at a faster pace.

I don't listen to anything when I run.  I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't.  I find it helps me keep a pace that's true to how I'm feeling or how fast I want to be going rather than artificially making me run to the beat.  I don't know.  Probably it's dumb.

I would love to talk about running!  I have a race this weekend that I'm looking forward to.

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• roughkatroughkat member
    edited September 2013
    I wish I could get back into running. I liked running outside and then I would run around the track at the rec center.  The only thing I like about the treadmill, is it somewhat gives you an idea of how far you have gone, and calories burned. (not accurate i don't think, but close)  I think when it comes to pace you just have to start off slow and work your way to running harder and running more.  I have heard and seriously correct me if I am wrong, because I am no way a fitness expert, but I think the elliptical is easier on your knees and other parts too isn't it? 
    I want to be one of those people who are addicted to running! Any idea on how to become that person? 

My playlists are always angry music. 
    \:D/
    Elliptical is way easier on your knees and joints.  But I so love being outside, and I haven't yet found an elliptical machine that goes on trails!

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• @roughkat - I REALLY want to be a person who is addicted to running outside. I just need to figure out a way to get there? I know I can't now because I can't exercise starting next week with starting injections or at least that's what my RE said.

• @freakyfast - I don't know if I'm addicted, but I think wanting to be outside is the main thing.  My office has no windows, so if I went from there to a gym (my gym also has no windows) I would feel like I never saw the outdoors.  It would drive me crazy. 

And that's hard about not being able to exercise because of injections.  Just another way IF screws up your life daily.  I'm sorry.

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• @roughkat no, not dumb. I read something that suggested that higher the beat per minute in music, the faster (harder?) you workout.

I'm not even interested in it for weightloss. I am always on the hunt for stress reduction.

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• @roughkat - I REALLY want to be a person who is addicted to running outside. I just need to figure out a way to get there? I know I can't now because I can't exercise starting next week with starting injections or at least that's what my RE said.

Hmmm. Did your RE say why? I'm not arguing with it, it just peaked my curiousity is all :)

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• @KC1212 - oh, I have no doubts that listening to music totally helps.  My husband is a crazy runner (he ran a 100 mile race in the Black Hills) and he swears by listening to music.  It's just not for me.  Of course, I'm kind of a Luddite when it comes to technology.  I have a $25 pre-paid phone from Target.  I'm not the one to ask about that kind of stuff. 

And I'm with you on the stress relief thing.  I can totally tell when I haven't been running - I'm so much more tense and bitchy.

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• roughkat said:

@freakyfast - I don't know if I'm addicted, but I think wanting to be outside is the main thing.  My office has no windows, so if I went from there to a gym (my gym also has no windows) I would feel like I never saw the outdoors.  It would drive me crazy. 

And that's hard about not being able to exercise because of injections.  Just another way IF screws up your life daily.  I'm sorry.

It's ok I just wish I could be addicted to it. This guy in my office is always running. I guess I'm envious of his dedication.

• KC1212 said:

@roughkat - I REALLY want to be a person who is addicted to running outside. I just need to figure out a way to get there? I know I can't now because I can't exercise starting next week with starting injections or at least that's what my RE said.

Hmmm. Did your RE say why? I'm not arguing with it, it just peaked my curiousity is all :)
    I'm guessing because I will be preparing for egg retrieval and If i exercise it can twist the tubes. My nurse said the same thing of sex. Especially if there are a lot of twisting and turning. :-??

• KC1212 said:

@roughkat - I REALLY want to be a person who is addicted to running outside. I just need to figure out a way to get there? I know I can't now because I can't exercise starting next week with starting injections or at least that's what my RE said.

I'm guessing because I will be preparing for egg retrieval and If i exercise it can twist the tubes. My nurse said the same thing of sex. Especially if there are a lot of twisting and turning. :-??

@freakyfast you're not allowed to have SEX?!

That would make me wanna do it so bad! LOL

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• KC1212 said:
    @freakyfast you're not allowed to have SEX?! That would make me wanna do it so bad! LOL
    Well now you have me 2nd guessing what I was told. LOL.  I think I will email my nurse this morning to get some clarification.  She did tell me that once I started stims that we had to use a condom, but I know there is some point that they told me I couldn't.  IF you are such a pain in my @$$

• @freakyfast sorry! The IVF thing is so mind blowing to me.

Also a mindfuck that you are being treated of IF and have to use a condom!!

And speaking of all this running - I need to get on it because I ate 3 doughnuts this morning! 3!

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• @KC1212 - I know it is mindblowing.. imagine going through it. I will keep you all updated as we go, so that we all may learn, and hopefully I learn from others as well. 

And so that I may live through you please tell me what kind of donuts there were! lol 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"