May 2013 Moms
Options

LOs with dairy/soy/other intolerances

Have you tried cereal, rice or oatmeal, and had success with your LO that has other food intolerances?  Did your LO have any problems with it?  If so, what kind of reaction?  

DD has a dairy and soy allergies.  The pediatrician said we can start her on cereal but I'm nervous she'll have a bad reaction (I know it isn't likely).  She's had enough tummy troubles in her first few months of life.  I know we'll need to start foods at 6 months which 6 weeks away, so I'm wondering if I just skip cereal for now.

TIA!!
***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12

Re: LOs with dairy/soy/other intolerances

• Options
    I'm dairy free but my LO is much younger so we aren't on cereal yet. Her 4 month appt. is next week so I plan on asking some questions then.

IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    MSPI?
    Us too.
    I'm hardly ever on thebump anymore, but I just randomly checked in....
    Our little one has MSPI, and I was reading about introducing cereal on www.refluxrebels.com. They have MSPI info too. We are also BF'ing, so they advise against rice, and advise to start with oatmeal cereal. Also, note that Gerber rice cereal has soy in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are MSPI, and started J on oatmeal cereal. With all of his digestive issues, he is on Miralax for chronic constipation, the oatmeal doesnt really seem to affect him anymore than if he were to not get it. I think it just depends on the severity of the intolerance/allergy.
  • Options
    We are dairy free too. My LO hasn't started cereal yet but I plan on starting with oatmeal when his dr gives the okay. I'm hoping it doesn't upset his stomach too much. @cromie713 how did you find out if your LO is sensitve to soy? Are the signs similiar to dairy?
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your feedback.  I know cereal isn't necessary but I'd like to offer it to her once a day just to "play."  She is reaching for our utensils when we eat and loves holding cups.  I'll guess I'll start with oatmeal and see how it goes.  And I had no idea Gerber rice cereal had soy in it.  Thanks for the heads up!

***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12
  • Options
    @LaineyPainey Hi! We haven't seen you in ages. Hope things are well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We've been doing oatmeal for about 2 weeks now. He's had some tummy troubles, but I've realized that was when I used 3 day old expressed milk. We've also started avocado and that has been OK, too.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    My DS1 had a dairy allergy (he was also 6 weeks early) so because of both of those reasons our Pedi decided to delay starting rice cereal until 6 months. He had no issues at all - grew out of the allergy!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"