April 2014 Moms
Options

I went lurking on other forum sites

Emilyroche3Emilyroche3 member
edited September 2013 in April 2014 Moms
I'm not much for voicing my opion when it comes to all you beautiful preggo ladies. I'm
much more of a listener\supporter. Which I hope you will be for me if I need it. With all the drama the last few days I thought I would lurk on some other forums. Guess what?!?! THEY ARE JUST LIKE OURS. We live in a very diverse world. Lets love and embrace. Even if you don't 100% agree.

Emily

Re: I went lurking on other forum sites

• Options
    Lol, glad to hear this!  Really.
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here we go again yay! Puppies and rainbows for all.
  • Options

Preach!

image  mean_girls_35345

DD1- 2009, M/C- 2011, M/C- 2012, DD2- 2012, DD3- 2014

• Options
    This place will never be puppies and rainbows until the stupidity is weeded out. And it seems we have a lot of stupid up in here.
  • Options

It's usually the people who are all puppies and rainbows who post ignorant shit like "transgenders are immoral". Do you really think people are supposed to look past that sort of thing? If people didn't make asinine remarks in the first place, they wouldn't get flamed. The "bullies" are the ones who get blamed for causing disharmony, but you can't tell me that someone isn't trying to stir the pot by posting controversial stuff to start with. The "bullies" are rarely the ones who start those kinds of posts, they are just quick to call people out for being so ignorant in a public forum.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

@Serenla @Andrewsgal @fireflygirl12

oh geez, it was a difference of opinion on one particular subject. Funny how you're all STILL bitching over it. The awesome thing about this country is that you can talk about it, and debate things. And I never said that "transgenders are immoral" I said that I have morals. And my morals are going to be different from yours and yours are going to be different from the person down the street.

I really strongly believe that an individual has the right to do what they want to their body, no matter who agrees or disagrees. So even though I may not agree with the transgender life-style, I still think that it's their choice to do so. I feel that way about other things too, such as abortion. I am against abortion (excluding cases of rape/incest), but that's MY choice and who am I to tell someone else they can't have one if they really want it?

It's like you said "This place will never be puppies and rainbows".. and I think that it's cool it's that way. It makes things interesting, life would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything.

image  mean_girls_35345

• Options

oh geez, it was a difference of opinion on one particular subject. Funny how you're all STILL bitching over it. The awesome thing about this country is that you can talk about it, and debate things. And I never said that "transgenders are immoral" I said that I have morals. And my morals are going to be different from yours and yours are going to be different from the person down the street.

I really strongly believe that an individual has the right to do what they want to their body, no matter who agrees or disagrees. So even though I may not agree with the transgender life-style, I still think that it's their choice to do so. I feel that way about other things too, such as abortion. I am against abortion (excluding cases of rape/incest), but that's MY choice and who am I to tell someone else they can't have one if they really want it?

It's like you said "This place will never be puppies and rainbows".. and I think that it's cool it's that way. It makes things interesting, life would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything.

IMO some things just shouldn't be debated or even discussed on online forums (i.e. transgender, same sex marriage or abortion). This site is about babies, if you want to discuss your views on such topics find a forum on them. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Options
    I didn't get puppies and rainbows from this post. Why is everyone so defensive and quick to pounce? I thought it was quite accurate. At the end of the day we are all going to recieve things differently. That's what it falls down to when communicating on the Internet.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kwolslagerkwolslager member
    edited September 2013

image  mean_girls_35345

• Options
    jgreig83 said:

IMO some things just shouldn't be debated or even discussed on online forums (i.e. transgender, same sex marriage or abortion). This site is about babies, if you want to discuss your views on such topics find a forum on them. 
    I'm not the person who actually started the debate on the difference between gender and sex, I just stated my opinion on one thread. And the topic actually did begin with babies, it just got side tracked, lol.

image  mean_girls_35345

• Options

Andrewsgal said:

When your morals cause hate and hurt you need to reevaluate them. You are more than entitled to you morals but let it be know that they will questioned. And if you are as strong in your morals as you think you would be fine debating and discussing them.

I am very strong in my morals, and I'm totally ok with having people question and debate me. Like I said, it makes life interesting. I would never want to live in a world where no one challenged anything.

@fireflygirl12 I never corrected anyone by explaining what I meant because at the time I didn't think it was worth the energy (I guess I can chalk it up to the long wave of pregnancy laziness I've had lately)

image  mean_girls_35345

• Options

Andrewsgal said:

When your morals cause hate and hurt you need to reevaluate them. You are more than entitled to you morals but let it be know that they will questioned. And if you are as strong in your morals as you think you would be fine debating and discussing them.

I am very strong in my morals, and I'm totally ok with having people question and debate me. Like I said, it makes life interesting. I would never want to live in a world where no one challenged anything.

@fireflygirl12 I never corrected anyone by explaining what I meant because at the time I didn't think it was worth the energy (I guess I can chalk it up to the long wave of pregnancy laziness I've had lately)

Like I said when your morals cause hate hurt and pain perhaps they are not in align with the same God you base your morals on. I have no doubt that as a Christian God does not call us to judge or hate others. Sadly most Christians do and stand behind this as morals. It is judgement plain and simple. Own it.
  • Options
    JrabbitvJrabbitv member
    edited September 2013
    Oh wrong post.
  • Options

Andrewsgal said:

Like I said when your morals cause hate hurt and pain perhaps they are not in align with the same God you base your morals on. I have no doubt that as a Christian God does not call us to judge or hate others. Sadly most Christians do and stand behind this as morals. It is judgement plain and simple. Own it.
    One thing to add, the language you used in the inital post was inflammatory. That is not a good way to potray a good solid argument, you came out swinging with the liberal feel good thing.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Haha WTH is going on in here? ----END THREAD HERE---- holy s#*!
  • Options
    I just skimmed. Holy! One day you're on sassy mode and next you're Christian =)) I love it!!! Damn it! This is awesome I'm entertained.
  • Options
    AcaAwkwardAcaAwkward member
    edited September 2013

I didn't get puppies and rainbows from this post. Why is everyone so defensive and quick to pounce? I thought it was quite accurate. At the end of the day we are all going to recieve things differently. That's what it falls down to when communicating on the Internet.

My thoughts exactly.

--------------- Eta: separation

Jesus how fucking boring would that be.

DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    Mine too.
    Alycia Murphy
  • Options
    Jrabbitv said:
    I just skimmed. Holy! One day you're on sassy mode and next you're Christian =)) I love it!!! Damn it! This is awesome I'm entertained.

notes Christians can't be sassy. Good to know.
  • Options
    SerenlaSerenla member
    edited September 2013
    Serenla said:

One thing to add, the language you used in the inital post was inflammatory. That is not a good way to potray a good solid argument, you came out swinging with the liberal feel good thing.

And I was flagged why?

Eta ooooh it's you. Thanks for flagging my charity post btw, the mods will love that.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
     All AL welcome.

• Options
    Word.

Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly.
    --------------- Eta: separation Jesus how fucking boring would that be.

What do you mean?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Serenla said:

Andrewsgal said:

And I was flagged why? Eta ooooh it's you. Thanks for flagging my charity post btw, the mods will love that.
    I'm pretty sure @paryesrain is going to be banned any minute now anyways. So no worries :)
  • Options
    SerenlaSerenla member
    edited September 2013

Serenla said:

Serenla said:

And I was flagged why?

Eta ooooh it's you. Thanks for flagging my charity post btw, the mods will love that.

I'm pretty sure @paryesrain is going to be banned any minute now anyways. So no worries :)

Trololololo
    Edit placement.

All AL welcome.

• Options
    mrscrcallimrscrcalli member
    edited September 2013
    I don't get the point..Are we like popular?? 8->
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Options
    I couldn't agree more. I am respectful of others, but God forbid I step outside the box on this forum and post a new idea. There are a lot of Divas around who can't tolerate a difference of opinion. I didn't stress caddy chicks in high school and I'm certainly not going to in my 30s on a preg message board. This is supposed to be fun and supportive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"