July 2013 Moms
Options

Where are ya'll from?

Re: Where are ya'll from?

• Options
    miss2697 said:
    West coast of FL.
    Me too!

cool! I am in Sarasota. pretty much hating this insanely hot weather this past week. we are dachshund lovers over here too. we have a wired haired one, he's a big clown.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    I'm not *from* here but upstate NY.
    I grew up in downstate IL.
    I've lived in DC, WI, MN, MT, & southeast Asia.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    casey78 said:

@m0on I grew up in WNY. Family is in Hamburg and Boston. Where are you?

I live in Dallas/fort worth metroplex.

I live near Rochester
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm in Atlanta. I bet you never could have guessed:)

• Options
    M0ON said:

Erinm278 said:

I'm from upstate NY!

What city? I'm in Rochester

I grew up in buffalo/hamburg and have family in Rochester! Now I'm in Nashville, much better in the winter :)
  • Options
    @spartanmomma - Hey! Didnt realize there are so many of us on J13.

Metro Detroit, Michigan!

Hi @JenR85 and @LauraB1016, and a few other Michiganders I saw reply but now can't remember your screen names :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I'm from good ole Iowa. Sadly, it seems I am the only one!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Birmingham AL... Ready for some fall weather because I'm so over this humid summer!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm from Pittsburgh :)
  • Options
    I'm from North Dakota! Go Bison!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RVA (Richmond VA) -actually midlothian but i just wanted to say RVA
  • Options
    skleigh said:

@kalemi, we just spent 5 years at ft lewis...loveddd it up there but ft lewis itself sucks!

We are back in our hometown of Houston.

I heard the area is awesome! Dh had a choice between Lewis and Bliss. Im so sick of northen new york. The area is so small and theres not much to do
  • Options
    @fieldpetal @ramy3695 - I grew up in Greenville! Graduated from Hillcrest in 2000. Then moved back to FL.

@BetsyD2010 - Destin / FWB here, so I totally feel your tourist hell! I got laid off from ResortQuest / Wyndham in February, after 13 years, when they decided to not have a local marketing department anymore. I couldn't be happier to be a SAHM and OUT of the tourism industry! Just stay off Front Beach and away from Pier Park all summer and spring break!
  • Options
    Northern NJ here
  • Options
    Staten Island NY, but Pittsburgh for College and WV for Grad School. Otherwise, I'm a SI girl.
  • Options
    Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
  • Options
    @kdasr: Simi Valley. It's about 20 min north of la. Heard of it? What brought you out to Michigan?
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    On the South Shore MA, just outside of Plymouth. Interestingly, I am new to the area, yet had relatives on the Mayflower. So I guess I really do belong here? Haha
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Options
    kalemi said:

mermomo5 said:

kalemi said:

Near Fort Drum, NY. We should be moving to Tacoma, WA next year! Unless they med board dh....then we will be moving to Salem, MA

Don't I repeat Don't go to salem unless for new heart center. I'm from MA
    Whys that? All dh talks about is moving to salem lol

I lived in Salem for two years.... Very..... Interesting. Great people watching. Lots of history.
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Options
    meetup! lol

I was working on typing the same thing when I got notification. Lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    KittenD said:
    KittenD said:
    Currently in north NJ but we are anxiously awaiting word back about relocating to Wichita, KS. (Fx fx!!)
    You probably arent far from me currently! Why do you want to move to Wichita, do you have family there?
    DH has the potential for a really good job bump there. :) We are in the montclair/verona area. Have you found a good mom's group here yet? I have a great one if you want to join up for a group play date!

I am not too far from you, I'm in Morris County. I work full time, so I never considered a moms group!
  • Options
    KittenD said:
    KittenD said:
    KittenD said:
    Currently in north NJ but we are anxiously awaiting word back about relocating to Wichita, KS. (Fx fx!!)
    You probably arent far from me currently! Why do you want to move to Wichita, do you have family there?
    DH has the potential for a really good job bump there. :) We are in the montclair/verona area. Have you found a good mom's group here yet? I have a great one if you want to join up for a group play date!

I am not too far from you, I'm in Morris County. I work full time, so I never considered a moms group!
    Oh neat! Henry was at the NICU at Morristown. I'm familiar with that area, DH works in FP. The moms group I'm in does weekend meetups, such as the babywearing group this Saturday. It's a great chance to learn and try new carriers and they have a huge lending library. I am learning wrapping! :)

Sounds interesting, but i am so not the babywearing type, i am pretty much the anti attachment parent, lol! Corri was in the morristown NICU as well...for nine long ass weeks! I was really glad to not have to go through that again this time, but they were great there. Are you going to the NICU graduate picnic next weekend at Harbor Hills?
  • Options
    kdasr said:
    @jeng100 Where near L.A.? I was born and raised in Torrance. Just left 5 years ago.

Now we're in West Michigan.
    Hey I was born in Torrance, too!  We live in Tacoma, WA.
  • Options
    @hplusb I'm all alone in my home state, too :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Grew up in the Chicago burbs (born in Hinsdale...lived in Woodridge) and now live in Indianapolis.
    Anniversary

• Options
    KittenD said:
    KittenD said:
    KittenD said:
    KittenD said:

Oh neat! Henry was at the NICU at Morristown. I'm familiar with that area, DH works in FP. The moms group I'm in does weekend meetups, such as the babywearing group this Saturday. It's a great chance to learn and try new carriers and they have a huge lending library. I am learning wrapping! :)

Sounds interesting, but i am so not the babywearing type, i am pretty much the anti attachment parent, lol! Corri was in the morristown NICU as well...for nine long ass weeks! I was really glad to not have to go through that again this time, but they were great there. Are you going to the NICU graduate picnic next weekend at Harbor Hills?
    Yep! Will we see you there?

You will, we'll be there!
  • Options
    M0ON said:

baawww im the only one up here in western ny?

I went to school in Fredonia and lived in buffalo, I am back upstate now though!

• Options

RVA (Richmond VA) -actually midlothian but i just wanted to say RVA

I lived in Richmond until I was 4, not that I remember, and my two older sisters live there now and love it so we're down there a lot(:

All you guys have lived in so many cool places, I'm so lame): I lived in one really small town most of my life, then Fredericksburg for two years, and now I live in another tiny town 30min away from my hometown. We have a grocery store here though, and one stop light, which is a step up! haha. We're conveniently right between Fredericksburg and Richmond though DH commutes closer to DC though. All you NoVA ladies, NoVA is my worst nightmare, it's such a clusterf*ck lol

• Options
    Central Missouri here!
  • Options
    @kaylakim where in ND? I was born in Cooperstown!

• Options
    Seattle, WA

• Options
    KittenD said:
    Snip!
    You will, we'll be there!
    Super, PM me if you want to play Marco Polo and meet up:)

Ha, will do!
  • Options
    Chicago! !!

imageimage

• Options
    Toronto, ON here. Would love a meet up with other GTA moms!
  • Options

After the confession thread I wish I lived in the same city as a lot of you chicks. I think I'm the only Arizonan on the board :/

I lived in Casa Grande for a couple years. And Tucson. I loved az. Weather was so much nicer than pa!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    gutsymamagutsymama member
    edited September 2013
    ncchnat said:

@hplusb you can join our Midwest group. @altima80 and I are in KC @kittenD in Wichita KS (soon) and @notaffected1 from St Louis....one more @caffienerain in OK.

There are several of us in St. Louis, I think. I live in the city, I saw a couple StL-area comments in this thread, and I know another prominent J13-er is from an StL suburb (I don't want to speak for her since she hasnt shown up in this thread, but she's posted where she's from on here before).

I grew up in KC, but on the MO side.
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    Ohio... Columbus, home of the Buckeyes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Denver (CO) metro area...obviously :) (i've had the same screenname since starting wedding planning back in Dec '03!) not many western ladies on the board! I think I saw one AZ and one UT!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"