December 2013 Moms
Options

What's the worst name someone has suggested?

2»

Re: What's the worst name someone has suggested?

• Options

My husband seriously wanted to name this kid Melvin she were a boy. 

For this reason alone, I am so happy you are having a girl! Lol

• Options
    jamrosj said:

My last pregnancy my in laws had a whole joke list of names. The only one I can remember is Ruby...the name of their dead dog.

No joke my dad wanted to name me Shannon. Not a bad name but it just so happened to be his dead dogs name. Needless to say my name is not Shannon.

Mom+Dad+Josie+May 2015=2 under 2!!!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SoMoNY said:
    DH suggested Wyatt. I don't think any further comment is needed there. 

I like Wyatt!
    Ditto
    Really? I'm shocked lol. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

(Always in our hearts baby Erwan 22/03/11. 22w + 5d)

• Options
    SoMoNY said:
    DH suggested Wyatt. I don't think any further comment is needed there. 

I like Wyatt!
    Ditto
    Really? I'm shocked lol. 
    Do you ladies just like Kevin Costner?

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    nofcksgivennofcksgiven member
    edited September 2013
    We're absolutely going with the name Jackson (it's my family's name) and calling him Jack.
    However, DH calls him Jack Reacher Bauer Chuck Norris Kendall.
    According to him, "it's like all the badasses we love rolled into one fine name."
    I would love a serious name discussion at some point before I push this little dude out of my business.

ETA: typo
  • Options

Nobody suggested names to me. :((

The only person I can think of that suggested anything was my MIL's neighbor. I was in front of her 9 year old daughter and I said we were having a boy. She said to her daughter (named Jackie) "Did you tell her to name him Jack?" Thanks a lot lady. Her daughter really thinks anyone with the name Jack or Jackie is named after her and she was my flower girl so I'm sure she now really thinks we are naming our baby Jack after her. It was on my list until then.

imageimage

• Options
    We're absolutely going with the name Jackson (it's my family's name) and calling him Jack. However, DH calls him Jack Reacher Bauer Chuck Norris Kendall. According to him, "it's like all the badasses we love rolled into one fine name." I would love a serious name discussion at some point before I push this little dude out of my business. ETA: typo
    I'd be careful with that birth.  Because I hear Chuck Norris donates blood to the Red Cross...but never his own!
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    DH keeps saying he'll take any combination of the names Toby, Keith, Randy, or Travis...

Neither of us are country fans so they are all a big NO.  He refuses to come up with any other names which of course is super helpful.
  • Options
    My MIL suggested "Mary Alice" um, Mary is my name, and Alice is DD1's middle name, so no, DD2 will not be Mary Alice...
  • Options
    My BFF wants me to name LO Gunner or Blaze. She also like Hunter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband told me he thought the name Fiona was beautiful. What is this....shrek?
  • Options
    My dad has the worst name suggestions. So far he's suggested Mildred and Agnes. Terrible!
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    Tiffany. Yeah, sometimes I think DH is on crack.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    H liked the name Pearl.  I told him that was the name of a tampon.  He changed his mind.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    MamaHanna said:
    My mom hates the name we picked (Josie) so she just keeps sending me lists of name she likes better. Sorry mom her name is Josie! The weirdest name would go to DH for his favroite boys name Briceson. To me it sounds like Bison. Thank god we are having a girl!
    Aww I like Josie!
  • Options
    My family has pretty much accepted our name, but originally kept suggesting ridicul

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ^ously popular names, not believing me when I said they were popular. "But we don't know anyone named Ava?" Yes, because you don't know any newborns.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Tori7211 said:

My husband told me he thought the name Fiona was beautiful. What is this....shrek?

So did mine!! But I also thought of the ogre.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My coworker really wants me to name the baby Lord Voldemort. She's the type where I can't tell if she's serious.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Options
    my mom suggested Peggy and Linzy today....    umm...no.weirdo. 

(I'm not even looking for suggestions either - she knows im deciding between two I've had for a long time. )

• Options
    When a girl at work found out I was naming my baby Isaac, she recommended I seemed like the type who would like "different" names and that I should spell it Izyk...
  • Options
    Tori7211 said:
    I love Fiona, and I don't think it being in a cartoon makes it bad.
  • Options
    booty19 said:
    my mom suggested Peggy and Linzy today....    umm...no.weirdo. 

(I'm not even looking for suggestions either - she knows im deciding between two I've had for a long time. )
    Famous Peggys I have loved:

and...

Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    My mom is usually not the weird name type, but surprised me one day when she said she liked "Chism"...I laughed out loud for a good minute straight, and then said r u serious. When she said she was, I lost it again. It sounds like jizzum (or however you would spell that) sick. No effing way ma!!!
  • Options
    My mom is usually not the weird name type, but surprised me one day when she said she liked "Chism"...I laughed out loud for a good minute straight, and then said r u serious. When she said she was, I lost it again. It sounds like jizzum (or however you would spell that) sick. No effing way ma!!!
    omg agrreed, i laughed out loud  just reading this.

• Options
    And this is why we are not telling names to anyone.
  • Options
    My son (who is 5) suggested Chud.  That's right - Chud.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think since we're team green and don't share our name options people just don't suggest names, which is good by me!!! The only two people who ever give an opinion are my 2 Grandmas. One tells me which names I "can't" use and the most recent "hideous" name was Adam - WTF, that's not on our list but a totally normal, decent name.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son (who is 5) suggested Chud.  That's right - Chud.  
    Oh I dunno. It has a ring to it...
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Options
    My husband seriously wants to name this child Oswald.  WTF?!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    aessary03 said:

NO NO NO NO NO.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Options
    aessary03 said:

NO NO NO NO NO.
    AHAHAHAHAHA!!  I told him about this! And he still perseveres for this damn name!

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3

• Options
    I have one coworker who suggests alternatives every time I mention the name I've chosen as a subtle way of telling me she doesn't approve.  But most of the adults in my life have more tact than that.

I must say my new favorite game is to ask my nieces and nephews what I should name their new cousin -- always good for a laugh.  So far some of the options have been Mateo, Santiago (which would both be great names if we weren't the whitest people ever), and my personal favorite Donny Lonner. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Barthalemue(sp?!) -.-
  • Options
    I have one coworker who suggests alternatives every time I mention the name I've chosen as a subtle way of telling me she doesn't approve.  But most of the adults in my life have more tact than that.

I must say my new favorite game is to ask my nieces and nephews what I should name their new cousin -- always good for a laugh.  So far some of the options have been Mateo, Santiago (which would both be great names if we weren't the whitest people ever), and my personal favorite Donny Lonner. 
    Little kids are the best at naming. I love this!
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Options
    Wait for it....wait for it...
    "Abracadabra". Suggested by my one and only MIL. And she's dead serious. "We can call her Abra, and she'll always be magical."
    SMH :-q
  • Options
    MEP923 said:

Nobody suggested names to me. :((

The only person I can think of that suggested anything was my MIL's neighbor. I was in front of her 9 year old daughter and I said we were having a boy. She said to her daughter (named Jackie) "Did you tell her to name him Jack?" Thanks a lot lady. Her daughter really thinks anyone with the name Jack or Jackie is named after her and she was my flower girl so I'm sure she now really thinks we are naming our baby Jack after her. It was on my list until then.

Nobody has suggested any to me ether apart from DH.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    The only suggestions we were getting is for middle names since we were having a hard time. The only ones that were brought up where middle or first names of grandparents. No one was understanding that since we aren't close with our fathers or grandfathers using their names made no sense to us. It just became a bit awkward. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I was born my mom wanted to name me Michael. I really thought that was only a boy's name, even my Uncle (my mom's brother) is named Michael! I don't know why she was so set on it. My dad said he had the hardest time talking her out of it...and then even at the hospital the Labor and Delivery Nurse assigned to them was named...Michael! (A woman). Didn't exactly help the...it's a boy's name...argument, but in the end he convinced her and I got another name.
    Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
    I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"