Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What are your thoughts ( nap Qs)

Hi ladies! I've been fighting with DS for a while now. He is now 9.5 months old and I am not sure what is happening with naps and his overall sleep. He wakes up randomly at night sometimes he goes back to sleep on his own but sometimes I have to help. I think he is sleep trained but I may be wrong. Here is my issue. His first nap is usually at 9:30 am. Whether he wakes up at 6:30 am or 7 am. He has been taking two naps since 6 mo old and the second one was usually at 1 or 1:30. The am one was also earlier and he used to sleep longer. Now he usually takes two 1.5 hour long naps. But my question is regarding the second nap. I can't seem to get it right. Yesterday I took him up at 2:10 pm. I probably should mention he sleeps from 9:30 to 11 am. But he didnt fall asleep until 3 pm but he had pooped and i figured this affected him falling asleep so I had to rock him. Today I was followed the same plan. I laid him down in the am at 9:15 he was asleep by 9:30 am, woke up at 11. He seemed tired earlier so I took him to sleep at 1:30 he jumped around till 2:15. I tried rocking him but he was too awake. So I took him outside to start some gardening brought him up at 3 pm. Gave him a bottle laid him down. He played some more and just fell asleep at 3:30! I think he is teething but I am not sure. Sorry this is so long but I would appreciate any helpful ideas. It's hard to tell with him he rarely gives me any signs he is tired. If it helps his bedtime is 7:30. Thanks for your anticipated help
1st BFP 10/11/11. MMC 9wks 3days.Measuring 6wks 1day D&C 11/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers "http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What are your thoughts ( nap Qs)

• Options
    DS has days like that too.  I also find the second nap can be a guessing game some time.  He usually goes down around 2pm (his first nap is similar to your son's).  But there were days he would be up past 3pm.  I find that if he isn't active enough between his first & second nap, it's harder to get him to sleep.  So I make sure that we go out for play dates, or just play with him in the house, making sure that he gets TONS of physical activity, and then he's usually fine with a second nap at 2pm 'ish.  
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"