May 2014 Moms
Options

UO to Share?

I hate pictures of baby boys bare chested, with just a tie or a bow tie.  IF they ever wear a tie or a bowtie, it should be with a damn shirt.
BabyFruit Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: UO to Share?

• Options
    It drives me nuts when people tell their kids age in months- after the age of 2, like, "dd is 37 months", no, she is 3.. Drives. Me. Crazy.
  • Options
    It drives me nuts when people tell their kids age in months- after the age of 2, like, "dd is 37 months", no, she is 3.. Drives. Me. Crazy.
    going by months is standard in the first 3 years.
    3 years???  Maybe I can see two years, three is too far.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kmbaybay said:

I agree. When I ask someone, a simple 1, 2, 2 and a half etc is a lot easier to understand than in months. Please don't make me do math lol
    Together since 2/4/05 :: Married since 10/6/12
    Parents to a furbaby named Moosey
    BFP: 8/20/13   EDD: 5/2/14
  • Options
    going by months is standard in the first 3 years.
    3 years???  Maybe I can see two years, three is too far.
    Nope 3 years. I am scheduled for my DDs 36 month wellcheck. not 3 years but 36 months.
    Yeah, at my dr's office it's the 2 year visit and the 3 year visit.  Guess it's different everywhere.  I say I have a 2 year old, not a 24 month old.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2ismymax said:
    I hate pictures of baby boys bare chested, with just a tie or a bow tie.  IF they ever wear a tie or a bowtie, it should be with a damn shirt.
    Speaking of pictures, I hate hate hate seeing pictures with toddlers posed on train tracks.  I know it is supposed to be artsy, but everything in me screams "Get your kid off the tracks!" lol. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    I hate seeing a toddler with a binky un their mouth 24/7. Maybe at bedtime but I don't think a 3 year old needs to be walking around with one in their mouth all day.
    Anniversary 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

2ismymax said:

Speaking of pictures, I hate hate hate seeing pictures with toddlers posed on train tracks.  I know it is supposed to be artsy, but everything in me screams "Get your kid off the tracks!" lol. 

On actual train tracks? I don't think I've ever seen that but it does sound disturbing.

• Options
    I hate sports cars.they are to tiny and i think there ugly
  • Options
    I'm down with months until 2, because they're so different month to month up until then.

But weeks? Weeks shouldn't be used past 3 months. Don't tell me your baby is 28 weeks old. Use months. Half months if needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    God, I hope this sin't unpopular... Articles like this make me botth stabby and seriously afraid to have a daughter. https://www.fixthefamily.com/blog/6-reasons-to-not-send-your-daughter-to-college
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Kmbaybay said:

DH and I were just talking about this over the weekend. Drives me crazy too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Empireceo said:

God, I hope this sin't unpopular...

Articles like this make me botth stabby and seriously afraid to have a daughter. https://www.fixthefamily.com/blog/6-reasons-to-not-send-your-daughter-to-college

I can honestly say that I've never come across an article like that, ever. And it's so not mainstream it has never been a worry for me, having a daughter.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    JmeJme said:
    God, I hope this sin't unpopular... Articles like this make me botth stabby and seriously afraid to have a daughter. https://www.fixthefamily.com/blog/6-reasons-to-not-send-your-daughter-to-college
    I can honestly say that I've never come across an article like that, ever. And it's so not mainstream it has never been a worry for me, having a daughter.

It's not uncommon if you have any ties to a religious community. As a liberal Catholic, I can tell you it's a constant struggle to find other non-crazies.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Kmbaybay said:
    I agree, after 2 just use years.  And I don't think you should ever use weeks for a baby, use months.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EmpireceoEmpireceo member
    edited September 2013
    2ismymax said:
    Empireceo said:
    JmeJme said:

It's not uncommon if you have any ties to a religious community. As a liberal Catholic, I can tell you it's a constant struggle to find other non-crazies.
    UT OH, did you really just bring up religion in the UO thread??  
    Here we go.......
    Religious lunatics have no place spewing their garbage all over the internet.  :-S
    I hope you're not accusing me of spewing garbage because I think girls should go to college.  Religious people have as much right as anyone to state their opinions on the internet, especially considering that most Americans identify as one religion or another.  You're welcome to disagree with anything (as I just did in my earlier post) but I don't see how labeling anyone as a "lunatic" out of hand is respectful or mature.
    Anniversary 
  • Options

Kmbaybay said:

I agree, after 2 just use years.  And I don't think you should ever use weeks for a baby, use months.  

I think we used weeks for 2 months maybe 3 as far as doctors visits were concerned.. ie 6 wk check up-- but at 3 months, she was 3 months
  • Options
    2ismymax2ismymax member
    edited September 2013

Empireceo said:
    2ismymax said:
    Empireceo said:
    JmeJme said:

UT OH, did you really just bring up religion in the UO thread??  
    Here we go.......
    Religious lunatics have no place spewing their garbage all over the internet.  :-S
    I hope you're not accusing me of spewing garbage because I think girls should go to college.  Religious people have as much right as anyone to state their opinions on the internet, especially considering that most Americans identify as one religion or another.  You're welcome to disagree with anything (as I just did in my earlier post) but I don't see how labeling anyone as a "lunatic" out of hand is respectful or mature.
    OH DEAR LORD.  I was talking about the article, not YOU.  Relax. @empireceo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate cartoon/character clothing, shoes, backpacks, etc. on kids
  • Options
    Kmbaybay said:
    I agree!!!!  I hate having to sit there and do the math! I mean come on... after their 1st birthday you should step away from the months and start using years! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    Hdizzle05 said:

DD gets hand-me-downs from a 2nd cousin-- that go straight to charity. My child will never wear "Hello Kitty"
  • Options
    Kmbaybay said:

Hdizzle05 said:

DD gets hand-me-downs from a 2nd cousin-- that go straight to charity. My child will never wear "Hello Kitty"
    if I have a girl she will ONLY wear hello kitty. lol I'm a little obsessed...
  • Options
    I don't get big hair bows for little babies that are bald/have little hair. I especially dislike the ones made out of artificial flowers. Yuck

I also don't get piercing babies ears.

People asked what "his" name was for DD for months. She was a baldy and we happened to buy a bright blue stroller because we were team green and it was our favorite color. I'm pretty sure she won't be scared for life.

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

• Options
    mer313131 said:
    UO: I don't think college is necessary or the right route for everyone. There is a HUGE demand for skilled tradesmen (plumbers, electricians, welders, etc) and not enough people to fill those positions. Also, many times, experience (that you can build in your late teens/early 20's) trumps a degree when you're looking for a job. Obviously if your dream is becoming a doctor, teacher or lawyer, etc., college is most definitely necessary, but I feel kind of sick when I hear about a relative/friend's child going for a degree in sports management/philosophy/business at a fancy college.
    I actually totally agree with this, especially considering the amount of debt a lot of young adults start life with after school.
    Anniversary 
  • Options

Kmbaybay said:

I agree. When I ask someone, a simple 1, 2, 2 and a half etc is a lot easier to understand than in months. Please don't make me do math lol
    You'll do it easily in your head when you have a 23 month old of your own ;)

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options

Kmbaybay said:

Hdizzle05 said:

if I have a girl she will ONLY wear hello kitty. lol I'm a little obsessed...

Haha! Well if you happen to live in SC check out the upstate goodwills-- we
    Donate several times a year
  • Options
    This probably isn't unpopular but I hate seeing maternity ads with super skinny women with tiny pregnant bellies.  That isn't realistic, put a real pregnant woman on there.
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• Options
    Starting a new one. I'm so sick of seeing recipes on Facebook a billion times a day. Maybe it's because I'm nauseous, but Facebook does also not equal Pinterest. 
    This!! And Pinterest, too!! I can barely look at my newsfeed without wanting to yack everywhere!!
    imageimage

• Options
    2ismymax said:
    I hate pictures of people holding up picture frames. SIL got them done and I don't like it. H says their photographer didn't do it right, it looks better when it's "done right" but hers look like all the others I've seen out there so I think he's just crazy. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hdizzle05 said:
    I do too!  My poor 57 week old (or as I tell most people, just turned 2)  DD loves all things Disney, and the only character clothing I let her wear are pajamas.  Even those have been hidden because she throws a fit when the princess night gown  has to come off in the morning! 
    BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options

I hate when people refer to their children as "Baby ______ just smiled for the first time."  I don't know why, but I feel like just using the kids' name should be sufficient.

I also don't need a play-by-play of your kids' days.  Oh?  Tommy went potty in the toilet?  Please don't post than on social media.

• Options
    If an occasional Dora or Yo Gabba Gabba shirt makes my DD really happy, I can overlook my snobbishness a little to let her wear it. No one gives a shit.

My DD has hear ears pierced and it looks super cute and we did it so young she has never played with them. She got called a boy as an infant even with them in so I definitely didn't do it for that reason.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Social media route? I got one! When my friends are pregnant and they complain every day about something with their pregnancy! It's almost like they HATE being pregnant! That's for here-where we all can sympathize. Facebook? Not so much. Take some belly pics if you want and let it go. Facebook is not a pregnancy support group. I don't need to know every gross detail on my newsfeed. 
    That's when you send them the link to the bump. FTR- I do hate being pregnant, I just keep it here and to my family :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"