Options

late night insomnia thread?

2»

Re: late night insomnia thread?

• Options
    Paturkey said:

I literally didn't open that thread because it said "dialation."

Omg. Me too.

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Options
    MrsClaus8 said:

She must not know that if you pee on an ear of corn and it stays yellow there is a 100% chance that she will either have a boy or girl. Fail proof.

Hey!!! I was just thinking about you today! In a non creepy way, of course. ;)
    How's it going?

We are doing great!! :). Minus the whole not sleeping thing. Baby Allen is awesome and so sweet! I hope you are doing well!!

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay! Sorry about the not sleeping, though. I'm hanging in there. RCS Friday morning! This family is super excited to meet our guy. I'm also excited for no more heartburn and if I'm going to be up in the middle of the night, at least I'll be productive and snuggling a baby instead of insomnia induced cereal consumption and snarking. ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Who am I kidding? I'll still bring at least a little snark.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any cereal ATM and its making me very sad :( curse you all for making me crave it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • Options
    I should really get off Pinterest :( It's not good for my insomnia...or my waist line.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just had to stop searching for Thanksgiving pins too! Dang time flies when I'm on there! And now I can't stop thinking about a pumpkin spice frap!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @HBirdie - thought of you
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mrskeyte9 said:

@HBirdie - thought of you

Hehe I had popcorn after dinner, then just now dug into my snickers ice cream. I'd love to grab some candy or something to snack on while I watch Grey's anatomy, buuuut I'm just eating out of boredom/easy availability of food. And that's probably unhealthy.
  • Options

Due to my GD I cannot graze which makes late nights even that more boring. (and my internal mental hate for you ladies that much stronger)... My cereal selection is all that damn Kashi no-flavor crap. I am not allowing ice cream in our house at the moment due to my weakness to say no. I get to snack on peanut butter whole wheat toast when I first wake up from insomnia and then I can't eat again for 3 hours. TORTURE.

So I took two Tylenol PM (approved by my OB) because I was exp. a ton of discomfort and I needed to sleep. Well there is nothing better than waking up at 1:00a with unbelievable pain and timeable contractions. These contractions are no joke. As my pelvic floor becomes more brittle I cringe when a contraction begins. I used to time my contraction and be really willing to press "start" (contraction) now I am trying to breathe it out and make the time inbetween longer because they are so painful.

My friend is "testing" for one of the best salon's in the area and she needed a replacement 'model' tomorrow for her testing. I am stoked to have scored a trim and partial foil for $0! However I haven't spoken to her for a while so I am not looking forward to 2 hours of forced social skills. Or 2 hours of "restroom restrictions" (i.e. I can't just get up and go whenever I want). I think it's an even wash once I factor in the part where I have to pull myself together enough to look presentable in public.

Okay bring on the snark. Pain-stricken snark is the.best.image

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Options
    After a few hours of tossing and turning I decided to say screw it and just get up. So here I sit, trying to decide what to eat.

Hmm cookies n' cream ice cream, potato chips, or both?
  • Options
    Joining the insomniacs... Nothing will wake you up faster than having a two year old crawl into bed between you and dh, snuggling her for 10 minutes, adjusting her, and feeling her bare butt in your hand! I was half asleep when she crawled in and it didn't click why she would set a dry diaper on my chest... Click !! At least she throws her wet one in the trash and grabs a dry one before coming in!

But , sitting up to put it on her caused me to have to pee, which made my hems hurt, which has now prevented me from going back to sleep....
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I bought cinnamon toast crunch today. Two boxes- they were bogo. I'm contemplating them for breakfast tomorrow, but know I never get up early enough to eat at home. I'm a mess and eat in my car every morning.
    I completely forgot about that thread. My husband walked in on my taking a picture of my bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch to post to her little rant and laughed at me. It was totally gratifying, though. Best bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch ever. EVER.
    I could have bought Cinnamon Toast Crunch today...

I BOUGHT BOOBERRY AND COUNT CHOCULA INSTEAD.

I had a bowl of each earlier in the day and then one more before bed
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Due to my GD I cannot graze which makes late nights even that more boring. (and my internal mental hate for you ladies that much stronger)... My cereal selection is all that damn Kashi no-flavor crap. I am not allowing ice cream in our house at the moment due to my weakness to say no. I get to snack on peanut butter whole wheat toast when I first wake up from insomnia and then I can't eat again for 3 hours. TORTURE.

So I took two Tylenol PM (approved by my OB) because I was exp. a ton of discomfort and I needed to sleep. Well there is nothing better than waking up at 1:00a with unbelievable pain and timeable contractions. These contractions are no joke. As my pelvic floor becomes more brittle I cringe when a contraction begins. I used to time my contraction and be really willing to press "start" (contraction) now I am trying to breathe it out and make the time inbetween longer because they are so painful.

My friend is "testing" for one of the best salon's in the area and she needed a replacement 'model' tomorrow for her testing. I am stoked to have scored a trim and partial foil for $0! However I haven't spoken to her for a while so I am not looking forward to 2 hours of forced social skills. Or 2 hours of "restroom restrictions" (i.e. I can't just get up and go whenever I want). I think it's an even wash once I factor in the part where I have to pull myself together enough to look presentable in public.

Okay bring on the snark. Pain-stricken snark is the.best.image

No flame here. I would be the most bitter bitch alive if I had GD. I give you a ton of credit for having the self control to put your child first. I am sorry you have to deal with it. I almost failed my 1 hour GD test and I was panicked about how I would be able to control my appetite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    It wasn't hard at first but with false labor I just want comfort... food is the ultimate comfort!

Mur, so now I take 3 hot baths a day.

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Options
    @kimberlymacrae : dang it is mean of us to talk about food so much. :( I would've knifed someone by now if I had GD. Kudos for being so good at staying in control of your diet! Seriously couldn't have done it. Blech. As for your haircut, I know EXACTLY what you mean! There have been more than a few times this summer that I've put off hanging out with a friend, making a phone call, or yes, getting my hair cut because I'm dreading the forced talking. And I'm a really social, extroverted person! I hope it goes well and it isn't awkward, think how good you'll feel after :)

@msronzio : the Halloween cereals are out already? YESSSSSSS! Frankenberry here I come!!!!!
    (Haha my autocorrect doesn't have a clue what to do with that word!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"