Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Best diaper bag ever...

Looking for your opinions!  I will need it primarily for 1 baby (and it will be holding cloth diapers which are a bit more bulky) with an extra cloth diaper or two for my 2 year old, in addition to all the regular diaper bag requirements!  I like spacious.  Go.  (I have a JuJuBe Be Prepared and I love it.  But is there something fantastic that I am missing out on out there?  Or do already own what will suit my need?).

Re: Best diaper bag ever...

• Options
    I got the PPB Boxty bag. I haven't tried it yet, because LO isn't here yet, but I know that with my 2-year-old, I'm going to need my hands free! I plan to do lots of wearing baby on my front, backpack on my back, and 2 hands free for toddler.

There is also a bigger Boxty bag, but the regular one seems huge to me. But we don't CD, so maybe you would want the bigger one. Currently with my 2 year old, I don't even carry a diaper bag; I just keep some diapers in the car, and snacks and toys in my purse.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have a Skip Hop Duo Essentials and am a CD'ing mom for two kids.  I can fit 6 diapers, wet bag, sippy cups, diaper supplies and food in my bag with no problem.  It is amazing what I can fit in this medium sized bag.
    I got mine at Burlington Coat Factory for $35 two weeks ago.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!  I'm going to check out both of those options :)  @LittleApple, it's nice to meet a fellow CD mom :)
  • Options
    My latest diaper bag is the PPB Boxy and I'm not impressed.  I do like that you can wear it like a backpack, but I don't think you can fit too much in there and the opening is not very wide so I feel like I'm digging in the dark to find things. 

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm liking the look of the JuJuBe BFF!
  • Options
    Oh ok thanks @kklamb10!
  • Options
    chatita_78chatita_78 member
    edited August 2013
    My latest diaper bag is the PPB Boxy and I'm not impressed.  I do like that you can wear it like a backpack, but I don't think you can fit too much in there and the opening is not very wide so I feel like I'm digging in the dark to find things. 
    I have the PPB too and hate it. I bought it because of the backpack feature, but its impossible to stay organized and I felt I had to take everything out of my bag each time I needed something. It's poorly organized. I ended up with a Lululemon (gym) bag although it looks nothing like a typical gym bag. It's the bestest! Here are some of their current bags. Not sure if these are clicky as I'm working off an ipad. https://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-bags/Work-It-Out-Duffel?cc=11272&skuId=3507462&catId=women-bags https://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-bags/Happy-Hatha-Hour-Bag?cc=0831&skuId=3506725&catId=women-bags https://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-bags/Back-To-Class-Backpack?cc=11591&skuId=3506503&catId=women-bags
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I love the ju ju be BFF!!! It's a back pack, a shoulder bag. I am using CD also, and had no issues with space for clean and for wet bag.
  • Options
    Oh thank you @Bocatini!!  I think it's what I'm going to go with so hearing someone who CD's and loves it is excellent!!
  • Options

You definitely want something with lots of pockets/compartments so it's easy to find what you need.  I will never forget our first diaper change in restaurant restroom - I was so nervous and it helped to know exactly where everything was that I needed.  Eventually, you'll end up just dumping things in there but in those early months, organization was key for me.  Oh, and something wipeable.

I used the Skip Hop Via Messenger but it may not be wide enough for storing cloth diapering essentials.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"