Two Under 2

Uppa Baby Vista Rumble Seat

We have the Uppa Baby Vista which I LOVE for DD. I'm expecting #2 in April and DD will be 16 months. Does anyone have the Uppa Baby Vista with Rumble seat attachment? I would love to be able to keep this stroller and turn it into a double, but have read such mixed reviews on this Rumble seat. I work FT so the stroller will mostly only be used weekends and I hate to have to buy a completely new stroller especially since the UBV was not cheap!

Re: Uppa Baby Vista Rumble Seat

• I have two girls twenty months apart and purchased the rumble seat and it has been working well for us. We use the stroller for long walks and my two year old will stay in her seat since she can see her little sister and play with her toes etc. I did not start using it until my youngest was two months old though. The stroller is heavy feeling when both are in it and more difficult to maneuver but not anymore awkward than other double strollers I have tried.
  • I have it and use it, we also have the skateboard thing and use that more, but DS1 is now 2 1/2 so he likes to get on and off.  My two complaints are that it doesn't recline and it doesn't face out.  If I were to start all over I would buy the City Select, but as I also like the Uppababy and have spent the money on it, we make due.
    image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for your input!
  • I had a Vista but sold it when #2 was born.  I wish now that I had kept it and used it as a part time double or a single.  I have found that it's been very worthwhile for us to have a nice single and double stroller.  I have a BOB Duallie for walks which is a must for me because I walk and will start jogging soon for exercise. I wouldn't have wanted it as my only double because the rumble seat kinda stinks for that rider and the stroller is harder to push with it on but for part time use, I think it would been great.  Instead I now have a Bugaboo Bee with Junior X Rider which is working out well but I do miss my Vista.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I have two little ones that are 18 months apart.  I have the Uppa with the rumble seat attachment.  I am the biggest fan ever of the Uppa Baby Vista, but I did not like the rumble seat. My son didn't like it at all.  I think it was the fact that he was sitting low and couldn't see because of the seat in front of him.  So, I got the Baby Jogger CIty Select and I love it .  They both enjoy sitting in it and I can turn the seats different directions.  They can both see great and it is working well, even now that my son is 3.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am wondering the same thing. I REALLY don't want to have to buy a double! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ah yes, the big rumble seat dilemma.  :)  I went through this too.

My kids are 16 months apart and we use the rumble seat all the time.  Yes, it would be nice if the seats could face out, but my kids haven't had a problem with it and I'd buy it again if I had to do it over again.  It's worth it to keep the Uppa!  I may be used to it now, but I have no problem with pushing both kids in it.  It's a little bit heavier of course, but still maneuvers and does turns great.

Also, now that DD is over 2 years, I've found when we're out at a zoo or aquarium type place she'll walk around with us and the rumble seat is just there to get to and from the car.

Hope that helps!
  • Ah yes, the big rumble seat dilemma.  :)  I went through this too.

My kids are 16 months apart and we use the rumble seat all the time.  Yes, it would be nice if the seats could face out, but my kids haven't had a problem with it and I'd buy it again if I had to do it over again.  It's worth it to keep the Uppa!  I may be used to it now, but I have no problem with pushing both kids in it.  It's a little bit heavier of course, but still maneuvers and does turns great.

Also, now that DD is over 2 years, I've found when we're out at a zoo or aquarium type place she'll walk around with us and the rumble seat is just there to get to and from the car.

Hope that helps!

This exactly. DD1 hasn't had any problems with the rumble seat and DD2 loves looking at her sister. If I had to do it all over I would buy the Uppa baby and still go the Rumble Seat route.
    O any my girls are 15 months apart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks everyone!  I will likely at least give the Rumble seat a try and hope that it works out.

So does the rumble seat face towards the infant seat?  Will DD#1 be facing me as I push her?  trying to figure out exactly how this all works :-)

• thanks everyone!  I will likely at least give the Rumble seat a try and hope that it works out.

So does the rumble seat face towards the infant seat?  Will DD#1 be facing me as I push her?  trying to figure out exactly how this all works :-)

It only works with the main seat parent facing.  Your newborn has to go in that seat because the rumble seat doesn't recline.  DD1 will be facing you but be blocked by the main seat. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • mamarazzi528mamarazzi528 member
    edited September 2013
    ebp913 said:

thanks everyone!  I will likely at least give the Rumble seat a try and hope that it works out.

It only works with the main seat parent facing.  Your newborn has to go in that seat because the rumble seat doesn't recline.  DD1 will be facing you but be blocked by the main seat. 
    With the infant seat it will be like this:

Though, maybe it depends on which infant seat attachment you have?  That's how I had to do it with my Chicco, but apparently whatever type of seat this is can face the other way:

Here it is with the standard seat (and Sarah Jessica Parker!  haha!):

When using the standard seat you can also face the seats together:

(not my kids, just found these pics on the internet!)

I never use it this way as it seems too squished and like the kids can easily kick each other!  It sounds like @mrs mosby uses this setup, though.

Also note: the Rumble Seat only holds up to 35 pounds so there will be a point when you have to switch the kids around.  I am at that point right now (2 years 3 months and almost 1 year), so my youngest is in the rumble seat and oldest is in the standard seat.
  • Yes, I have my girls face each other like in that last photo although I keep the foot part on the main seat tilted up. No kicking each other yet :) Once DD2 gets a little bigger ill have to change because her legs will be too cramped. DD1 is only 27 lbs so she won't outgrow the rumble seat for a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks so much all! Wow from the pics, it looks a little tight?? DD1 is 9 months and already 22 lbs so I hope she would have enough room by the time Baby 2 arrives. Well, I'm definitely going to go with the rumble seat. I guess if I really don't like it we can buy a double. But I doubt it would even be worth the effort since it will only be used on weekends anyway. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"