Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Dr. Brown's formula pitchers

I have heard great things about these pitchers and how they really cut down on the amount of air your LO will ingest.  Stupid question though...once the formula is mixed, you have to put it into the refrigerator until use, correct?  It would be just like any other mixed formula I would think. 

Re: Dr. Brown's formula pitchers

• Options
    Yes, once the formula is mixed, it needs to be refrigerated. We used the pitcher for DS1's formula. He had reflux and using Dr. Brown's bottles and pre-mixing the formula with the pitcher helped a lot. We'd mix up a batch of formula, and fill the bottles ahead of time and warm them as needed. It doesn't work well for trying to mix one bottles' worth at time.
    DS-"Sprocket" born 3.27.11 Baby #2- due 9.10.13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup. If we're going to be home the next day, we just pour the breakfast bottle and leave the rest in the pitcher. If it's a work/day care day, we fill all the bottles after mixing and then pop them in the fridge. The pitcher saves a ton of time and lets us decide how much to put in the bottle since he eats between 2 and 3 mixed scoops at the moment. It's one of my every day use items, although it did take me a couple days to get good at using it!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! 
  • Options

I think the pps answered your questions but I just wanted to add that the Dr. Brown pitcher was one of the best things we had when DS was little.  For the most part, he was pretty consistent on how much he would drink in each bottle, but we went through various phases/growth spurts where he would want more than we initially gave him so it was nice to just be able to pour a little more if needed . . . and then a little more if we still weren't there yet!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We loved our Dr. Brown's pitcher as well -- and yes, refrigerate.  We always made a pitcher of formula and just filled bottles as needed because DS was sporadic about eating. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"