July 2013 Moms
Options

ER update

miss2697miss2697 member
edited September 2013 in July 2013 Moms
I will update with more info later, but woke up this morning to find Aubrey burning up. Took her temp and it was 102.8. Pedi said to take her to childrens hospital. Waiting on test results now, but had to witness a lumber puncture and I bawled my eyes out. I just want my little girl to feel better!

Update: we got to the hospital at 9 am and her fever had already dropped to 101.6 (we didn't give her any meds). They started blood work and notified us that they would need to get a sample of spinal fluid to rule out meningitis. That was the hardest thing to watch ever in my life. They had to stick her 4 times and she screamed harder after each time. At 4, they told us she has a uti and admitted us. They are going to treat her with antibiotics, so we will be here a couple days. She's such a trooper! She was smiling and giggling an hour after the spinal. We just did a renal ultrasound to make sure everything is good. Her fever did creep back up to 101 so they're giving her Tylenol. Thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts from us all!
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: ER update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"