Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

starting to crawl

How did your child first get into crawling position (off the floor)? From a sit, or from lying on the belly?

My DD was a late walker (20 months) and also a late crawler (15 months) -- she was pulling up onto her knees before she started crawling, and she first started crawling from a pull-up position, which I think is unusual. I am wondering what the more typical position is as I watch my DS roll around on the floor. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: starting to crawl

• Options
    Both of my kids started on their bellies.  Though once they started to get the hang of it they did it from sitting too.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO just army crawls, she gets up on her hands and knees but doesn't crawl that way yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She started from her belly, my DS did also.  They both did it in their cribs for a few days before doing it on the floor, maybe something about the crib mattress made it easier, I don't know!

She has been up on hands and knees for about 2 weeks now, but just today was able to get onto them from a sitting position.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    My baby also started from her belly, when she is sitting up she seems hesitant to get into another position at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog
  • Options
    DS went from belly first but now goes from either belly or sitting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    from any position she can- belly, sitting, whatever...this kid does NOT want to hold still for ANYTHING, lol

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    From belly or sitting. He is still in the rock on hands and knees mode but is trying to take off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"