March 2014 Moms
Options

The truth.

The truth is, I am actually due the very beginning of April... But have you seen that forum?! I can't deal- it's non stop crazy and disrespect. A couple of times now I have tried to remind them it's not absolutely necessary to engage in nasty discussions if you don't like a comment- and the response is usually a form of mockery, citing the purpose of the board is entertainment. So frustrating! I am a first time mom, and am curious, like many, about what others are experiencing at different stages and for logical, intelligent discussions- I come to the March '14 board. Mind if I hang out here?!

Re: The truth.

• Options
    I don't mind. There is a lot of crazy on that board.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Speaking as an A14 refugee myself I know what you meant by your post. Its not helpful to be fearful of argumentative backlash with every question you ask on that board. I mean of course this is entertaining but it should also be helpful and comforting (what's wrong with a little coddling? I am pro coddle :) )
  • Options

I do think It's a little ironic that you called me out for "bashing" the A14 group when I see there's a whole discussion about it on here. If I'm "whiny"- then everyone else talking about it is too! I just thought i should explain why I was hopping over from april- but the good news is, I don't need permission or approval to cruise through any or all of the boards I would like to :-)

Hmmm I think I'll choose to give you the benefit of the doubt here, enough time over there can make you defensive for sure. I'm trying to be better as a March momma lol
  • Options
    They are all bitchs just keep doing what ever you want you bitch on march14 an February 14 an even April 14. So do what ever you want because one of these women will say something rude its the only thing they are really good for. I find it intertaning but yet I have not learned anything yet from anyone but I need reading because its better than cable
  • Options
    I certainly don't mind!  A14 are a bunch of crazies.  If you're due in early April, perhaps you'll have the baby in March anyway :) 
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I do think It's a little ironic that you called me out for "bashing" the A14 group when I see there's a whole discussion about it on here. If I'm "whiny"- then everyone else talking about it is too! I just thought i should explain why I was hopping over from april- but the good news is, I don't need permission or approval to cruise through any or all of the boards I would like to :-)
    I'm starting to think you'd fit in better in April than you think.
    Actually, I think you would fit in really well over there.  I've seen your posts and your just as rude and disrespectful as many of them.  
  • Options
    I think people are taking umbrage with the fact that she's saying she wants out not because of the crazy, but because she doesn't like the "mockery" and that people think "the purpose of the board is entertainment" when she wants "logical, intelligent discussions."

Those things aren't April-specific. Many people in March are here for entertainment and enjoy the "mockery" of silly, ridiculous posts (like those that are freqently found on April). Her OP just sounded eerily similar to a lot of the posters that whine about how "mean" the bump is in general.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hmmm I think I'll choose to give you the benefit of the doubt here, enough time over there can make you defensive for sure. I'm trying to be better as a March momma lol
    Perhaps I am a little defensive, it sounds like you understand how a person gets that way on the April board!
  • Options
    Actually, I think you would fit in really well over there.  I've seen your posts and your just as rude and disrespectful as many of them.  
    Okay - so you want to come over here and start telling people what to do and how to behave? Think we need lectures from you?  Starting crap with this board's regulars?  Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's going to go as well for you as it did in April, crazies or not. 
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    OP, you were stirring shit up in the badges post on A14 just like everyone else. By the way, don't write a post,post reply and then edit post and delete your original response. That shit doesn't fly over here.

Hi I'm Aria. Married in 2008. Baby G born 2011. Due March 25, 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ceh789 said:
    No, you don't need permission.  If you are looking for community though, you may find a better reception if you just join in naturally on discussions and let it happen rather than coming out swinging and bashing your "old" board.  Your post came across strange, to me, for someone looking to avoid (i.e. not start) drama.

Just my 2 cents.
    Fair enough.  Perhaps I didn't need to explain why I came over. Based on previous discussion about April on this board- I thought I might have a better chance of you all understanding why I left.  My bad! 
  • Options

Boom. Called it. She's not trying to escape the crazy gun-filled diaper bag toters or Pgal haters, she wants to get away from the rude and disrespectful people. Good luck with that.
  • Options
    OP: "hi I'm due early April but I may go in march and I really like this board, mind if I join?" Us: "welcome!!"

THAT is how you join a board and are welcomed with open arms. NOT by starting drama.

This place isn't for everyone. I've learned to suck it up when I feel the "entertainment" only posters get out of hand. If you only look for community, that is what you will find. If you don't want to change your attitude about it, there are other birth boards. But realize by staying, you won't change a thing. This board is what it is, and it will grow on you or it won't.
  • Options
    OP, you were stirring shit up in the badges post on A14 just like everyone else. By the way, don't write a post,post reply and then edit post and delete your original response. That shit doesn't fly over here.

What other rules should I know?
  • Options
    rockopera said:
    Okay - so you want to come over here and start telling people what to do and how to behave? Think we need lectures from you?  Starting crap with this board's regulars?  Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's going to go as well for you as it did in April, crazies or not. 
    Can you tell me how I was telling people how to behave? And how was I lecturing? 
  • Options
    I truly didn't come here for this, at all. I'm offering a sincere apology for they way this turned out and for offending anyone- not my intentions. I started out on the defense and should have given it some time apparently. I don't need you to "keep the door open" for me- clearly were already pissing each other off!! I really, really miscalculated the environment of The Bump. Definitely not for me!
  • Options
    Lurking from the crazies....you can come back Hunny we don't bite much!;)
    Married DH 1/5/13
    BFP #1 4/29/13 Chemical Pregnancy 5/6/13
    BFP #2 7/30/13 EDD 4/12/14
    MMC@9w (found out at 10w) 9/15/13
    D&C 9/16/13
    Started trying again 2/17/14
    BFP #3 4/19/14 Chemical Pregnancy 4/21/14
    BFP #4 8/18/14 EDD 4/25/15
    Began Lovenox 8/18/14
    Heterotopic Pregnancy- Interuterine MMC@6w 8/28/14 
    Found Ectopic 9/16/14 Lost Right Tube
    BFP#5 11/8/14 EDD 7/21/15 Ovulated from Right Ovary!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

4 hours to GBCB- not the best I've seen as she has not told me to slit my wrists or that she feels sorry for my child/unborn child. I give her a 3 out of 5.

Nor would I ever- that's the point for me. I don't say things to people I wouldn't want said to me- on the computer or to my face. So I'm the sensitive one, shoot me. I get it that the sensitive people are usually easy targets- I hope y'all have had fun with me for the 4 hours I was here :-)
  • Options

4 hours to GBCB- not the best I've seen as she has not told me to slit my wrists or that she feels sorry for my child/unborn child. I give her a 3 out of 5.
    Nor would I ever- that's the point for me. I don't say things to people I wouldn't want said to me- on the computer or to my face. So I'm the sensitive one, shoot me. I get it that the sensitive people are usually easy targets- I hope y'all have had fun with me for the 4 hours I was here :-)

Soooo...you like being called stupid? Because you called one of us stupid. And you like when people insinuate that you're immature? Because you did that to us, too. Also, you flipped the fuck out when me and another lady pointed out the purpose that this place really serves, so yeah, you basically calling someone here nuts is laughable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Soooo...you like being called stupid? Because you called one of us stupid. And you like when people insinuate that you're immature? Because you did that to us, too. Also, you flipped the fuck out when me and another lady pointed out the purpose that this place really serves, so yeah, you basically calling someone here nuts is laughable.

Yep, I sure did- In response to something similar- which is the same post I deleted because I felt bad for saying it. I didn't call anyone nuts, FYI.
    You take the bump as entertainment- I initially took it for a place to share experiences- but we're both wrong, it's a place for straight up drama- and I don't want to be part if it. So you can continue kicking and screaming as I exit.
  • Options
    Standing in the doorway watching... Being entertained- you know, the REAL reason for the bump! I'm acting no different than the rest of you- you just say meaner shit.
  • Options
    Thought you'd left?

Okay, my bad, you didn't call someone nuts. You said they'd fit in well with us because of rudeness (nevermind you're pretty rude yourself). I was wrong there.

Anyway, you're the one that's stirring up drama with this thread, not anyone else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I've never seen a beg to come here turn to insult turn to hair flip turn to bash turn to GBCB turn to I'm still here so quickly before. Ah well at least the lady picked up sympathizers along the way, I guess. (Sorry for the horrible grammar Band Teacher)
  • Options
    ALSO! Why does everyone treat "Queen" like a 4-letter word.
    I for one, find some of the meanie faces opinions refreshing, and know that when I need a wake up call I can point a message at one of them and get an honest opinion.
  • Options
    This thread is cracking me up. I'm only very occasionally on A14, so I'm not taking offense, but I can't get over the irony of posting the OP because you're sick and tired of people posting things that are.....exactly like the OP.

Also, in my experience, TB is TB. Some boards are slightly different than others, but overall you'll find the same blend of helpful and not helpful people. Roll with it or don't, but don't think you're going to find a magical door into a glittery BMB where everyone is always pleasant and helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DS was due 4/7 but was born 3/24 so please hang out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thought when you GBCB you were actually supposed to leave?! Was she expecting people to beg her to stay? Somehow I suspect that did not go as she expected haha.

*Retreats back to the land of the crazies where I only occasionally post*
    Kate & Eric Married 10.10.09

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

What other rules should I know?
    You should probably just read what you write before clicking the "post reply" button.  That's a good start.

• Options
    Cashingn2 said:
    They are all bitchs just keep doing what ever you want you bitch on march14 an February 14 an even April 14. So do what ever you want because one of these women will say something rude its the only thing they are really good for. I find it intertaning but yet I have not learned anything yet from anyone but I need reading because its better than cable
    You're right, one of these women will say something rude...and that would be you. Also, did you pass first grade English? I'm not even sure what half of this means
    It means bitches.
  • Options

Peeking in from Feb 14.

Because Daryl+Puppy =ALL the feels

• Options
    So the people who argue are the issue, not the ones who say crap like "I like when others say bye, bc it means I'm less likely to miscarry"?

Noted.

image image
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Hahaha I can't ! Please tell me you are not with child. Do yourself and LO a favor, when he/she starts preschool go learn with them. When they enter kindergarten and elementary school, enroll your self too. Also, I believe there is a rather new invention called spell check :)

Sincerely,
    Feb 14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"