January 2014 Moms
Options

Body issues and people hate

Warning - another people suck for size comments post!

So I was totally fine with the fact that my body was going to change during pregnancy, and I think baby bumps are adorable. I was looking forward to being a cute pregnant lady. Except that in the last few weeks I've gotten all these comments from people about how my bump is huge, the baby is going to be huge, my ass is bigger, I have a buddha belly, am I preparing for triplets, and yesterday a woman I work with randomly looked up at me and said "you know they make maternity spanx right? 
Just thought you should know". WTF! I'm a size 4-6 and have gained all of 6 lbs, not that that makes a damn difference when it comes to commenting on people's size. I went in the bathroom and cried, then cried again today when retelling the story to my mom. The comments are starting to make me feel uncomfortable with myself when I know I can't help how my body adjusts to pregnancy. It blows my mind that people think it's ok to say these things!

Anybody got any great comebacks for these situations?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

Re: Body issues and people hate

• Options

I am sorry Blue elle. People are just effing idiots sometimes. When I was pregnant with my first I showed pretty early and got rude comments all the time about my size from co workers and strangers. From "Are you absolutely sure there are not two babies in there" to "You know you are only supposed gain like 25 lbs during pregnancy...How much have you gained so far???" (said to me when I was 11 weeks pregnant).

Really I would love to say to these people shut the fuck up, you fucking idiot, but in those types of situations I never have the balls to say anything. Like you I went home had a good cry and called my mom.

Know that you are definitely not alone in your feelings and you look beautiful. ::Hugs::

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like you have a bunch of assholes around you!  I'm sorry :(
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    What?! That is nuts -- whether you've gained 6 or 56 pounds. People are incredibly rude. Nothing is off limits when you're pregnant to some people.

I had a "friend" (term used loosely) compliment another friend who had a six-month-old at the time about her weight loss and then just looked me up and down (I was like 6 months pregnant with my daughter at the time) and say "Sorry you're going in the other direction." Oh, sorry that I'm growing a human? Thanks, but gaining weight is kind of part of the process. I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

• Options
    I'm so sorry :( The worst comment I received is when I was pregnant with DS. It was January and I was due at the beginning of April. I was in a CPR class for work and another student asked when I was due. I answered, and she said "you mean last April, right?" I definitely went home and cried to DH.

• Options
    Man... People are dicks. I would definitely have said something rude back so good for you the restraint. Although next time I would look her in the eye and very clearly say something along the lines of "At what point did it become acceptable to ignore all tact and make rude comments to someone, expecting or not? Please don't refrain from speaking to me again."
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    I am so sorry. People are jerks! I have gotten "Are you sure you are only carrying one" Which is ridiculous and cruel because I have a small bump for how far along I am. My "favorite" was, "Oh I knew you were pregnant because your ass is much bigger now." WTF!?!? Nearly punched that lady! 

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  People are so rude.  I got many of the same comments last time I was pregnant.  I don't know if I've worked on my resting bitch face or what but I've avoided them this time with the exception of a comment that someone knew I was pregnant because "your neck and face look puffy".  WTF?  I am terrible at comebacks so I have no help for you there.  However, know this:  I got the same comments and was back to PP weight and in my PP jeans before my 6 week PP appointment.  Growing a human requires weight gain and it is beautiful no matter what the number is or how we look doing it.  I always keep those comments in mind when speaking to my pregnant friends and try to refrain from commenting ANYTHING about their bump now (not that I would have said those things anyway) and only tell people that they look beautiful and I can't wait to meet their child.  I hope you feel better soon.  Go eat something you are craving, watch a stupid rom-com and forget about the jerks around you.  :)
  • Options
    I would look at them and ask, " why would you ever think it is appropriate to say that to someone.. Anyone for that matter... . but either way I don't think it's any of your damn business."

But then again, I'm kind of a bitch like that.
  • Options
    People are so rude, I'm sorry that you are dealing with all of this. ((hugs)) As hard as it is, try not to let it bother you, you are beautiful as you are, and just try to remember that sweet baby you have in there!

• Options
    WTF?! I'm so sorry about all of the comments, especially the spanx one. I don't know how I would have reacted...I'm pretty non-confrontational, but that was crossing the line (not that the other comments aren't as well). What a bitch. 

imageimage

• Options
    I'm really sorry about the comments people have made to you they are really rude.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    That's so mean! I would straight up call her out and tell her she's rude and that comment is unappreciated.
  • Options
    I'm sorry people are making such horrible, insensitive comments to you! 
    I struggled with my first pregnancy, I gained weight rather fast after 20 weeks and it was noticeable. And, with that, I got the comments (nothing about pregnancy Spanx, however. Who says such a thing to a pregnant woman!?) People thought they were being funny, and I'd roll with it until I got home and then I'd just bawl. 
    Just remember that you're growing a little human within you and however your body decides to carry it is the way it should be and it's beautiful. Hang in there and, as hard as it is, don't let them get to you. Hugs! 

• Options
    Punch the lady that made the pregnant spanx comment right in her mouth. 

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said, but that spanx comment was truly awful. I'm so sorry people are such jerks.
    imageimage

image"AlternaTickers">image
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You should have said "yes, you know though hey make them in normal sizes too"
  • Options
    Awe I'm so sorry your dealing with that. People are so rude and inconsiderent. Next time someone says something ask them if they were taught manners and then tell them how to treat a pregnant women! Size 4-6 is very small and you only gained 10lbs! That's crazy that someone would think differently. I'm sure you look beautiful and so cute! Feel better xx

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Options
    HappyDoc said:
    "I'm pregnant, what's your excuse?"

People can be so insensitive! I have gotten the "are you sure you aren't having twins?" and I literally just stare people down until they are uncomfortable. Screw what other people think, you are creating a human (and I'm sure you look beautiful doing it)!!!!!

Same thing happened to me but they actually rubbed my belly while saying it (they didn't ask permission to rub my belly) so I rubbed their belly right back and asked them the very same question! Still irritated
  • Options
    Omg! I hate people. How can they be so rude??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"