September 2013 Moms
Options

How do you know...

If you've dropped? I can't tell! Sometimes I feel like I have, I'm feeling bottom heavy and it's a bit easier to breath. Other moments I feel like he's up in my ribs... Anyone else confused?

Re: How do you know...

• Options
    I couldn't really tell. Not by look or feel. Only know by the midwife telling me that he is super low. Feeling around my belly, she can no longer find his head.
  • Options
    My doc has said her head is tucked into my pelvis already for the past 2 appts but the past 2 days I have been able to eat more than 2 bites a meal. Lol. So I'm assuming she's not only just low but she's now scrunched up low, which I assume is the "breathable drop" everyone describes.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO has stayed low throughout. I never experienced trouble breathing or anything. I get pokes in my ribs once in awhile but thats it. Baby's head is in my pelvis now and I didn't even know it. Like PP said, I feel like I can eat more too, the last few days. so I guess that might be a way to tell??
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    I don't even know that I have fully dropped. I woke up on Monday and thought my bump wasn't directly under my breast, but I also thought I was imagining it (no clue why). When I went to work two of the girls I work with made a big deal about me dropping as soon as they saw me. The doctors haven't said a thing although now that I think about it I don't have the rib pain I once had. Sorry I am no help
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I only know because my midwife told me. Her head is still pretty high she said. :/ boooo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Options
    Yesterday I woke up and when I saw myself in the mirror, I felt like my belly was smaller!!  I asked DH if he thought so, and he looked at me and said "not really, but it's lower...is that a good thing?" (he's so cute...)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only reason I knew is because one day my belly wasn't pushing my tits into my chin. Like pp said, if your OB is doing cervical checks they should be able to give you an idea of where LO is. And some people have told me they just didn't drop so who knows.
  • Options
    A unicorn told me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I could tell because it got a lot easier to eat (I can actually enjoy an entire meal again without feeling like I'm going to suffocate) and because there isn't any position that I can sit in that doesn't press my thighs into my bump.  Plus other people and I can noticeably tell that he's lower now.  
  • Options
    For several weeks, DS went up and down. He seems to finally have settled, but the only two ways that I knew that he "dropped" were when I stopped having heartburn and my stomach just looked and felt...lower(?). 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"