July 2013 Moms
Options

Pumping tip

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but on a good day 30 min of pumping will give me around 2oz, once I got 3.

Today I tried pumping standing up, I filled up the 4oz bottle in about 5 mins (I have a manual pump), I got another bottle and stat down and pumped and got .5oz from the other boob. I stood up, pumped some more and got another 3 oz.

No idea why it worked for me, the pump was in the same position the whole time, but I thought I would share in case this works for anyone else!

Re: Pumping tip

• Options
    emandiaemandia member
    edited August 2013
    Sweet! I'm gonna try that! Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try this. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm so going to try this, awesomeness!!
  • Options
    I have never heard of this before. Wonder what the deal is?
  • Options
    I pump standing up in the kitchen every morning and get between 5-6 oz (this is after DD eats). I never thought there was a connection. That's pretty neat :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Asbromle said:

I hope it works for you. I know from your previous posts you have been getting frustrated with the small amount you have been able to pump.
  • Options
    I was sitting at the kitchen table pumping and cutting up veggies when I read this thread. I am now standing and pumping. Hope it works!! Thanks'
  • Options
    Whoa. Trying that in two hours! New to EPing and that would be great if that works for me! Thanks,thanks, thanks!!
  • Options
    I'm totally going to try this when I go back to work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Going to try. I hate pumping because I get so little but DH and kids want to feed plus I would like me time eventually.

• Options
    weird but totally going to try!
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'm going to try it along with everyone else.

• Options
    atlvolatlvol member
    edited August 2013
    I will try this on Monday at work!
    Edit: Tuesday, not working Monday. My brain doesn't function like it used to!
  • Options
    So cool! I'm gonna try. I just spilled like a half oz and I almost cried but didn't. I usually only get 1 oz per session so I was pretty pissed off!

Bonus: 

• Options
    LauraC122 said:

;I also did this with my hands free sports bra that I made...instant freedom!  I brushed my teeth and did my hair and makeup while pumping :)

What a great idea! Can't wait to try this and see if it helps produce more milk faster!

• Options
    Trying tonight!
    Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jasmineelizabeth. I tried it tonight and I didn't even need to stand the whole time just half and I had more milk output!

Bonus: 

• Options
    Thx! Def going to try

imageimageimage

• Options

Asbromle said:

I hope it works for you. I know from your previous posts you have been getting frustrated with the small amount you have been able to pump.
    Thanks :) I'm going to find out if it works in the am! I'm kind of excited...I'm weird like that.
  • Options
    Nice! Ill have to give this a try during the day time and see what happens! Thanks for the tip!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Really???? I will try it! I don't get that much pumping.
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Asbromle said:

Oh, and even weirder... does anyone else open their fridge or freezer and look at their stash? I have 4oz and I like to check it out. It's like "haaaaayyyy, I made that!" I'm ridiculous.

Haha, I totally do this. As of yesterday, I have enough for her first day with the babysitter, and I'm so proud of myself. I had to start over when I realized she had a dairy intolerance, which was soooo depressing, as I have like 64oz that I can't use (I'll prob save it and make oatmeal or something when she's older, but still.).
  • Options
    @asbromle Just wondering how your pumping session went this morning? Did it work for you? :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    etoille said:

Speaking of stashes.....how much do people have? What is a decent amount for women planning on putting their baby in daycare?

I have not counted but I have somewhere around 40 ish oz saved. I think I will have to supplement with formula most likely because of my overnight travel and extended times away from home. :(

Bonus: 

• Options
    I started pumping immediately due to my NICU "no touch baby" I have just over 700 oz. however I did the math and I can only go 28 days without pumping and it's all used up. What the mother fluck!!! Anyways I also work 10 hour shifts and have school so daycare plus DH watching him means I really have to store a ton if I want to make it to a year.
    H born 07/02/2013
  • Options
    I've heard a good rule of thumb is to keep a few days' worth, in case you have any unforeseen issues, but typically you would pump for Tues on Mon, etc. and keep each day's in the fridge, and then pump for Monday on Friday, and just freeze that.
  • Options
    butterflyim1butterflyim1 member
    edited September 2013
    I am guilty of this! The first 4oz I pumped took me a week. Now that I've established bf and pumping I got 4oz in a day. I now have a whole new respect over the phase crying over spilled milk. :)

I am excited to try pumping standing up!
  • Options
    Asbromle said:
    Oh, and even weirder... does anyone else open their fridge or freezer and look at their stash? I have 4oz and I like to check it out. It's like "haaaaayyyy, I made that!" I'm ridiculous.

Ha, totally not weird! I have been blessed with an awesome supply and have over 800oz frozen thus far in the past 7.5 weeks, and anytime I organize it in the deep freezer, I look at it like, "dude...holy boob juice!", lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"