Secondary IF

2IF WEEKLY CHECK-IN

Please provide a brief history and a current status of where you are at in your cycle now :)

Me: MFI, DS a natural surprise after 4 years

Currently on CD 5, 4th cycle TTC # 2

QOTW: Do you have any clean freak tendencies? If so - what are they?

Me: Yes, I have a lot of them. For instance- I spent the morning tearing apart the stroller and washing all the padding and stuff on it. And then I hosed down the frame and dried it off. It gets gross easy since my son eats in it.

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: 2IF WEEKLY CHECK-IN

• Unexplained 2IF. Cycle 18- 8DPO, blah blah blah. 

I carry purell and wet wipes around like it's my duty. Germs are everywhere. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi everyone: 

I have a blocked rt tube and a left tube with a hydro. CD27 (tested yesterday on my anniversary, negative as I suspected) I expect AF tomorrow. (especially since I crampy, grouchy and want something sweet, and I am NOT a sweet eater) 

Had a meeting with our RE on Monday night.  Our timeline is as follows: 
    -August: Call CD1 / Will chart O / Start meds 1 week after O. (Also Schedule our finanical meeting 100% OOP!!
    -October: IVF expected to be done
    -November: Surgery to remove tubes because of hydro (REALLY nervous about this)
    -December/January: Depending on surgery recovery we will do an FET (Granted everything goes well with the IVF) (I am quite a bit nervous, especially for all the meds) 

QOTW: Do you have any clean freak tendencies? If so - what are they? Well when I was my hands I have to wash them until I sing 'happy birthday' twice, and if i don't have enough soap I will re-wash my hands and I will do everything in my power not to touch the handle to the door when leaving a public restroom.  I can't go into any bathroom without washing my hand before I leave, even if I just go in there to look in the mirror. 

• Loading the player...
  • Sweetest116Sweetest116 member
    edited August 2013
    Me: Low Prog, LPD (immature eggs released, corpus luteum breakdown during LP) 
    Currently on CD8, 9th cycle of TTC#2 - we're doing this month unmedicated and no charting for the first time since Jan 2011!
    No not really. I have an issue with symmetry though and like things to be even and aligned or it bugs me.
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• History : MFI, DD conceived after vericocele surgery and DH was on clomid Update : completed IUI #3 today QOTW: If I even think my hands might be dirty, and especially if they look dirty I need to wash them immediately. I used to wipe down my hands after working each day when I had a job where I handled a lot of money. Money is sooooo dirty!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • History: right tube removed earlier this year due to a hydro (freakyfast--let me know if you want any details about this. I was nervous too but it wasn't that bad) but otherwise everything seems fine so I think we are considered unexplained now.

Currently on month 34/cycle 27 TTC#2 but just got benched due to too many mature follicles on CD11. So disappointing since this was supposed to be IUI#1. Now I am waiting for CD1 again and the plan is to go with a lower dose of clomid (25 vs 50).

QOTW: I am also obsessed with hand washing and "magic soap", but the worst is when there is raw meat or eggs nearby. I am so afraid it is going to contaminate everything!

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • History: right tube removed earlier this year due to a hydro (freakyfast--let me know if you want any details about this. I was nervous too but it wasn't that bad) 

AlmostWright OMG! YES! Please.  Maybe a PM? 

• Unexplained 2IF. DS is 4, we only "tried" for 2 cycles to get him, so this 2IF is very confusing.

CD6, trying just over 3 years with regular cycles. Recently went gluten free for my own health so we'll see what happens. We're getting down to the wire in terms of things we can try naturally. With DS' autism diagnosis, we are pretty sure we will not pursue any fertility treatments. I am making myself crazy trying to figure out if we did anything differently TTC DS. The only thing that we aren't doing as well on, other than me being 10 lbs lighter (which I'm working on), is that we've been trying to maximize our efforts mid-cycle. Before, were game to try any time. So I have myself convinced that maybe I ovulate early in my cycle (which Fertility Friend does not seem to agree with, but my chart is ugly so whatever).

QOTW: yes, occasionally. I go on cleaning frenzies, even though I'm terrible at maintaining.
  • @annibes- I totally understand wanting to try naturally and wanting to find the recipe for success. We conceived our son after 4 years and often I wonder what happened to make it work.

What prompted you to go gluten free?

My husband and I are trying acupuncture and herbs starting this cycle - that may be another avenue for you to explore. I don't have much to share on the topic yet because we are just getting started with it but I'm feeling positive about it.

I also have a hard time maintaing the clean! Lol. Especially with my wild child :)

Best of Luck to you!

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Oh after thought- my chart is ALL over the place! Acupuncturist says its a sign of chaos in my body and she's prescribing me herbs (probably to help me chill the heck out) LOL

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• History - One DD conceived naturally, currently doing IUI with frozen swimmers due to DH's cancer diagnosis

Currently on CD 19, 6dpiui

QOTW - Not really. I like my kitchen to be clean but I'm definitely not a clean freak.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    My Chart
    My Blog
    Me - no issues DH - diagnosed with stage 2 testicular cancer in March 2013
    Married 2009 TTC#2 since July 2013
    July 2013 IUI#1 - Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel = BFN
    August 2013 IUI#2 - Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel = BFN
    December 2013 IVF - Gonal-F, Novarel trigger
    ER: 12/19 9R 8M 6F with ICSI
    ET: 12/24 transferred 1 grade 5AA blast; 2 frozen
  • DS conceived 1st cycle. Cycle #13 (8 dpo) for TTC #2. First cycle using Progesterone. D/X- originally MFI- low test. Now it looks like late ovulation is the cause.

No. I wish I did!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• KC1212 said:

@annibes- I totally understand wanting to try naturally and wanting to find the recipe for success. We conceived our son after 4 years and often I wonder what happened to make it work.

What prompted you to go gluten free?

My husband and I are trying acupuncture and herbs starting this cycle - that may be another avenue for you to explore. I don't have much to share on the topic yet because we are just getting started with it but I'm feeling positive about it.

I also have a hard time maintaing the clean! Lol. Especially with my wild child :)

Best of Luck to you!

There is a history of gluten sensitivity and Celiac in my family, and I have been exhausted forever- waking up feeling hungover without drinking. I wondered if the gluten/inflammation was doing it. Sure enough, I have more energy and when I eat gluten again I feel tired and get headaches. I hope a little added bonus to this is that it fixes my 2IF (I told you I was grasping at straws here!!).
  • KC1212 said:

Oh after thought- my chart is ALL over the place! Acupuncturist says its a sign of chaos in my body and she's prescribing me herbs (probably to help me chill the heck out) LOL

I'm not sure yet, because it's only been 2 months and I am bad about waking up on time, but my chart finally calmed a bit this month. I'm only on cycle day 7, and this is only my 2nd cycle charting after a year-long break, but I definitely got dotted crosshairs last month and much of the time I charted before. Now I'm getting more stable temps- my chart is less jagged.
  • Thought I would check in:
    My sweet 22 month old Girl took 6 cycles to conceive and one round of 50 mg clomid.  That was through my OB and he suspected Weak ovulation.  I have now been trying for number 2 for over a year and was recently diagnosed with Low AMH (.33) So this is our first month with the RE and we tried Femera and a trigger shot with IUI.  I am now 2 days past IUI. I hate the 2 week wait but I am so scared for the end of the wait because I am so scared that this will not work.  I had 3 follies ready to ovulate (RE said they were very close to being released on the day of the IUI) and my husband only had 5 million sperm post wash so I am a little nervous that that was not enough.  95% motility though so that is good.  Good luck to all you ladies!! I will be thinking about all of you and hope that everyone gets their wish soon. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ttc#3 since Oct. 2011, unexplained 2IF. Finally stopped bleeding after my D&E, so waiting on cd1 so we can do our 4th IUI with the same med combo that worked in July. Emotionally, I'm fine one second, then a sad, angry mess the next. QOTW: I wish I had neat-freak tendencies. The most I have time for is picking up after my girls and keeping dirty dishes off the counter!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Hi, it took us 8 cycles to conceive DS without intervention.  We have unexplained 2IF.  Currently in our 21st cycle TTC#2.  In the 2WW after IUI #!.

QOTW:  None.  I think my husband wishes I had more though!  I'm a little like @sweetest116 in that I do like symmetry.

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• Hello! I am sorry I haven't posted much. I thought we were done for a while but we have decided to go forward with embryo donation. It took us several clomid cycles, failed ivf, early loss with FET and 4 iui/inject cycles to conceive our DS1 on 2010. We conceived DS2 on our first iui/injects cycle in early 2012 but lost him to a cord accident at 18w. We have done 4 iui/injects cycles since & all BFNs. We took a few months to decide what to do and are moving forward with a dual donor embryo program in California!

I do not have any cleaning habits to speak about. I am currently trying to figure out a good cleaning system for our house as we just moved & are trying to get organized still.

Wishing everyone the best!
  • Me: Low Prog, LPD (immature eggs released, corpus luteum breakdown during LP) 
    Currently on CD8, 9th cycle of TTC#2 - we're doing this month unmedicated and no charting for the first time since Jan 2011!
    No not really. I have an issue with symmetry though and like things to be even and aligned or it bugs me.

@Sweetest116 could you tell me more about your dx? I'm new to this board. I'm only on cycle 10 of TTC #2, but I was dx with low prog when we were TTC #1 and put on Prometrium. However that was very different. I got pregnant every time we tried the first time just continuously miscarried. This time around, I have yet to get one BFP in 10 months. I'm just wondering if the low progesterone is to blame or if its something else. What is the corpus luteum breakdown thing? I'm very new to all of this but I'm looking at seeing a RE in the next few months. TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kndeckar sure thing!  So from what I've learned, low progesterone and having a corpus luteum issue are so similar that usually the latter goes undetected.  

My progesterone wasn't super low at my CD21 test, it was 12.1 but they thought it had to be my progesterone.  After being on 200mg of Prometrium orally my progesterone at CD21 was 25.9 but I was still spotting as early as 5DPO!  That's when it became clear.  Since the corpus luteum supports the LP and progesterone that must be the culprit.  I've opted to try acupuncture instead of meds for now, but I'm told clomid works like a dream too.  Essentially an immature egg can't be fertilized, so we didn't stand a chance.

I hope your RE has answers for you!  
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"