LGBT Parenting
Options

My pesky imagination...

So I think I'm giving myself pregnancy symptoms.  Because I have the magical ability to fool myself into thinking something is real when it may or may not be.  I'm now 6 dpiui and my breasts hurt (particularly around the nipple area), I have a metalic taste in my mouth and I've been cramping on and off for a while.  I know logically that these symptoms really can't be the result of pregnancy because... even if I'm carrying a fertilized egg it very likely would not have implanted by now.  The more I trick myself into believing I'm pregnant the harsher the letdown will be in a bit over a week.

Can someone please talk some sense into me?

Re: My pesky imagination...

• Options
    Are you on progesterone?   It made my breasts super sore while I was on it.  

I can't talk sense into you at all, because my answer to this is, at times, to POAS.   Someone on the 3T board once wrote that if you are pregnant enough to feel symptoms you should be able to turn up an HPT positive (this only works if you didn't trigger!).    This may not be an entirely true statement, but it has helped calm my brain down early in the 2ww when I intellectually know it's too early to get a BFP.    Something about seeing the negative makes me calm down and remember it's way too early and I'm probably experiencing psychosomatic symptoms.

Otherwise I have no sense to offer....  except H and I used to watch a ton of movies during the 2ww to keep our minds off it.    It's hard not to get too preoccupied!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options

Thanks @Manada :) I did take a trigger shot so I can't really do the HPT thing right now.  Otherwise I totally would just to make my crazy subside a bit.  No progesterone, but my breasts naturally get very, very tender as my period approaches.  I gotta say though that it's really early for me (in my natural cycle) to have sore breasts about now.  I'd usually expect this in a week, but it could be because the Ovidrel sped everything else up.  The bad taste could be because I was sick.  And the cramping... I really attribute that to psychosomatic symptoms.  I'm being silly.

I have been distracting myself at night but now that work has slowed down it's a little harder not to think about what's going on inside my uterus.

Ah, well.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has suffered this experience.  Thank you again for your response!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey! Having been through several, it is sometimes impossible to not imagine symptoms. I think it is just a sign that you want it bad enough to make it feel true.
    I triggered last time and it gives you early pregnant symptoms, because it is hcg. So that is something else to remember.
    Overall, just remember that this is totally normal, and it doesn't make you weird, or less in control or crazy... I think this is a common misconception. When you have these symptoms, and if you turn out to be not pregnant, don't be embarrassed. It happens to a lot of us, and ESPECIALLY the first time. Just my two sense!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    I'll add that I also think it's impossible not to have (potentially) phantom symptoms during the 2ww because most of the time people are already adjusting to the pregnancy recommendations.  I mean, it's taken me 5 cycles to get to the point where I'm okay continuing to take my medications - but I am still cutting down on my caffeine and avoiding hot tubs...  Even those daily considerations will do it to anyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options

Thanks very much, to both of you!  Yes, I've been "acting" pregnant by avoiding my morning coffee (ache!) and my evening beer (ache!).  Taking prenatal vitamins.  You know how it is.  Glad to know the Ovidrel shot can mimick pregnancy symptoms.  Makes me feel a little better, actually :) Then I know I'm not going nuts.  I hate to think *all* of these feelings are manifested purely from hope!

I'll try to take it easy and stay off Dr. Google.  My OB told me it's best if I stopped with my "research".

• Options
    Yes... After our first IUI we made a rule that there would be absolute NO googling pregnancy symptoms! It helped!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    During my TWW I tried very hard to keep busy but in my head I did what you are doing. I perked about every little thing that was "different" with my body. I did try to test early and it was negative but the realistic part of me knew it would be. When the wait was over and I got my BFP then the symptoms started coming on like crazy. I wish you tons of patience and luck!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I did the same thing every time and was really surprised when I got my bfp last sunday, lol.
  • Options
    I totally understand. Do not google symptoms. Don't overanalyze (I say this, but I know it is impossible!!). We're here for you!!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    I totally understand driving yourself crazy during the 2WW.  I feel like we are doing much better than in the past, but we are both still imagining pregnancy symptoms and my sweet wife talks to my belly every night.  It doesn't help that I told my sister and mom  that were inseminating, they are both asking about my symptoms and asking when I am testing.  They are more anxious than I am!  Just a few more days!!!  Best of luck to everyone else in the 2WW :-)
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    Lbugher- You are definitely not alone! I'm 9dpiui and have been trying not to analyze every little thing. I do google to see what stage of development a fertilized egg would be at for each day. I'm just curious as to what might be happening.

Tonight I swear I could probably throw up and I'm not one to get sick easily. Hoping that it is baby related and not in my head. We shall see!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    I tried for 13 months and I swear every month I thought I had symptoms. When you want something so bad, your mind can create anything. :( good luck though, I hope it's a BFP!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  The last couple nights I've had to get up to pee - VERY unlike me.  I always tease my friends who have to pee all the time because I can usually hold it for a long time.  DP especially - I tell her she has a peanut bladder.  Part of me is really hoping this is a pregnancy sign, because yay I'll have a baby!  But the other part of me is hoping it's psychosomatic because I read that once you have to start peeing in the middle of the night it usually lasts the entire pregnancy.  That's one symptom I'd find very aggravating, especially when you just want to sleep.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @KLeigh1.  Trying so hard not to get my own hopes up.  So aggravating.  I'm exactly one week past IUI.  One week to go...
  • Options
    Sorry to hear, @KLeigh1. I am with you. CD 4. I felt the SAME way.

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"