Ok here are my questions (of the day) ;-)
1) When you go to the grocery store, do you wear your baby or put the car seat in the cart? I put the car seat in the cart today (my first time taking her to a store) and it took up the whole darn cart. And of course my luck would be that I got the gimpy loud cart, but somehow she slept through it anyway! Any tips on how to fit the babe and the groceries?
2) Also, along the cart lines, do you put the car seat in the car, close her in and then go put the cart away, or do you put the cart away and then carry her car seat to the car? What about when you get home if you're alone and have to carry everything in yourself - what order?
3) Any tips for calming baby once she's in the car seat if you have to drive and no one is sitting in the back with her? I sat in the back for a few mins because she got fussy right when I was backing out of my driveway and kind of bounced her up and down a little bit and somehow that got her to fall asleep (and she stayed asleep for the entire trip!) Just wondering if there's anything else that works well. I have not given her a pacifier yet and am trying to hold out as long as possible on that.
4) I have the Graco Snugride 35 and the harness seems like it doesn't have enough give for getting her in and out of it. I already loosened it once and it looks like it's hitting her shoulders at the right place, but it seems like I have to bend her legs into a really uncomfortable position to get her in and out of it. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? She is only 6 pounds if that makes a difference.
5) What time of day have you found to be the best time to go on errands (e.g. right after feeding, etc)?
Any other tips for going places? Thanks!