High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Moms with IUGR babies

Hi ladies, I'm 26 weeks and being monitored for IUGR already for 2 weeks. I'm hoping to hear from anyone that has had a similar experience and could tell me when they delivered. I have know idea h to expect. I know every baby is different but I'm looking for a range so I can relax a bit. Thanks!!

Re: Moms with IUGR babies

• Options
    My LO has iugr I am delivering anytime between now and 37 weeks however is she doesn't grow this week she's getting evicted
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

• Options
    My baby girl was just diagnosed with IUGR.  My doc put me on bed rest and blood thinners, and I'm going to ask at Friday's appointment about the steroid shot to make her lungs mature faster.  He says it will be a miracle if I make it to 32 weeks (less than 6 weeks!).  Although, like PP,  If she stalls any further, they will take her immediately. 

As long as you're past 24 weeks, the baby has a great chance of survival (even if there is a need for lots of medical intervention).  So I would try not to stress too much.  I'd also suggest doing kick counts if you're not doing them already to monitor your little one's movements.  And if anything feels off, go to the hospital immediately.  Be the crazy pregnant lady.  You and your baby's safety are your number one priority.  Good luck, and it's nice to know we're not alone in this (even though it sucks that we're going through it).
    ~Elizabeth ~

Angel Baby # 1 : EDD 9/11/12,  Missed m/c at just over 13 weeks

Angel Baby # 2 : EDD 9/9/13, m/c at 6 weeks

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi ladies,

Popping over from Dec'11 and I saw this post and thought I share my story.  I went into early labor at 30 weeks and was in the hospital for a week during my stay DS was diagnosed with IUGR, after begging to be discharged they put me on strict bed rest and I  made it to 37 before I delivered, be positive and stay strong.  DS was actually almost 13 ounces heavier than they measured on the ultrasound the day I was delivered and that ultrasound was at MFM so done with the super high tech machines.  DS was born just fine.  I would say definitely keep up with the kick counts, but also agree be the crazy pregnant lady and go in if anything feels off.  But otherwise as long as LO is moving and you feel well try not to worry. Good luck!!!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
    I have an IUGR baby. I was scheduled to be induced at 37 weeks but my water broke at 35+4. My LO weighed 3 lb 13 oz at birth. She spent 2 weeks in the NICU but had no problems - just needed to gain weight. My placenta stopped functioning properly due to SCH and partial placental abruption. I received steroid shots to help with her lung development around 30 weeks. She is now 14 weeks old and has typical preemie issues (reflux, GI problems) but will grow out of them. Trust your gut feelings and don't be afraid to pester your doctor. Good Luck!
  • Options
    DS was diagnosed with IUGR early on. I was put on bedrest (hospital and then home) and made it to 32 weeks exactly. DS was born at 2 pounds 4 ounces. He spent 2 months in the NICU but he's now 16.5 months old and doing great!

Don't worry... I know that's easier said than done, but there's so much they can do nowadays!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"