Homeschooling

Explode the Code?

Has anyone used Explode the Code?  Or heard any reviews?  My DS wants to learn to read and my MIL highly recommended it, but I was hoping to get a few more opinions.

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

Re: Explode the Code?

• We liked ETC for a quick, easy, stress-free break from our other school work.  I've never seen the books for teaching how to read.  We used 100 Easy Lessons with both kids very successfully for learning how to read.

Jill (36) Wife to Joe (36) Mom to: Alyssa (forever 10) Jacob (10) Baby Due 12/31/13 Pregnancy Ticker

• We love ETC.  It is great for children who are encouraged by seeing their own progress through written work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Love it!
  • My daughter did really well with ETC.  She finished the book 1, and has started book 1 1/2.  It definitely helped her with phonics.  I have the Go For the Code books for my 4 year old.
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used it when I taught in a classroom and really liked it. 
    It's nice that the illustrations are so simple, and it's not full of bright obnoxious graphics. Plus you can just start with one book to see how you like it, and you don't have to invest in a big system all at once. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • JillSandm said:
    We liked ETC for a quick, easy, stress-free break from our other school work.  I've never seen the books for teaching how to read.  We used 100 Easy Lessons with both kids very successfully for learning how to read.
    I'm glad to hear you had a great experience with 100 Easy Lessons.  Our copy just came and I'm excited to take a look at it.  I'm curious as to whether or not it's going to be hard to integrate with my other curriculum from Memoria Press.  Did you use any other curriculums for reading while you were also using that resource?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"