April 2014 Moms

Progesterone drunk

Anyone else on progesterone? Does it make you dizzy like the first time you got drunk? I haven't decided if I enjoy it or not!! I thought after a month of taking it the side effects would stop but I guess not. I'm no good after I take them. Guess we won't be getting out much for a while!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Progesterone drunk

• I'm on crinone 8% and it does make me BLOATED its crazy and very sleepy after but haven't had any dizziness. I hate the discharge can't wait till I no longer have to take it. :(
  • I take it orally so that may be the difference with the dizziness but I am bloated!! My husband asked why I'm so squishy the other day! I had to laugh. I didn't think about it being the progesterone. That and the Swiss cake rolls for dinner! I heard the discharge is pretty rough. But yay for progesterone! I think that's why it's so far so good for me!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • i've never experienced any dizziness and i'm 2 months pregnant now.

i DID read somewhere on another board that the withdrawal from ending your progesterone can cause an upswing in morning sickness.  i hope that's not true!
  • Heidiman said:

I take it orally so that may be the difference with the dizziness but I am bloated!! My husband asked why I'm so squishy the other day! I had to laugh. I didn't think about it being the progesterone. That and the Swiss cake rolls for dinner! I heard the discharge is pretty rough. But yay for progesterone! I think that's why it's so far so good for me!

Fingers cross! I'm praying this continues to go well for the both of us and any other moms on it. Kills the sexy time but anything for the LO's. When will you be taken off of it?
  • I'm really not sure when. We haven't gotten that far. I have one refill for another 30 day supply but I'm not sure if that means I'll be on it that long or not. How about you? Do you know when you get to stop using it? I'm sure you're hoping ASAP!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Not dizzy, but it makes me SUPER sleepy!
  • I haven't noticed that. Could also just be pregnancy symptoms
  • Heidiman said:

I'm really not sure when. We haven't gotten that far. I have one refill for another 30 day supply but I'm not sure if that means I'll be on it that long or not. How about you? Do you know when you get to stop using it? I'm sure you're hoping ASAP!

Same here. Refill but I wasn't told yet how long. If I'm able to make my appt Monday , I'll ask my doctor. I'm hoping not too long.

• Katiecave said:
    Not dizzy, but it makes me SUPER sleepy!
    you know, as much as i like to pretend i know a lot about pregnancy, it honestly hadn't even crossed my mind that some of the symptoms i was just attributing to first tri might actually be blamed on my suppositories.  huh.  interesting.

i don't remember feeling this tired the last time - maybe that's the difference.
  • My OB said it would make me sleepy and could make me dizzy too. I stated taking it kind of late in the game so I definitely can tell the difference.
  • The dizziness and tiredness starts within in 15 minutes of taking it so I know its the progesterone. It's kind of funny now but I'm sure it will get old soon. I'm not sure about the suppository symptoms. I assume they are similar.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh my goodness yes! Especially when I first started taking it, my so was laughing bc I really felt drunk it was so bad that I ended up calling and telling my dad I was prego, at 4 weeks mind you, when we planned to wait longer :/ but now that I've been on it for a month the only noticeable symptom is drowsiness.
  • My doc doubled my dose about a week ago so I'm hoping the dizziness will go away soon. Glad I'm not the only one feeling drunk!! I love that you called your dad!! I was doing silly things too! Haha!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have had two previos miscarriages and I asked to get my progesterone levels checked and she wouldn't do it for me, now idk what I'm supposed to do.

I'm sorry to hear that. One thing to remember is that not all doctors think it makes a difference. I actually think the jury is still out on if supplementing actually helps. Mine prescribed it to me before I knew I was pregnant and the doubled the dose when I got my BFP. She even said its iffy but to her worth it.

I also had a doctor who wasn't really supportive for my first mc at 13 weeks and I had been with her for 15 years. I found a new one immediately and did my mc aftercare with the new one who I love. I'm so glad I didn't have to go through a pregnancy with a doc who didn't care. Hope everything goes well!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• i've never experienced any dizziness and i'm 2 months pregnant now.

i DID read somewhere on another board that the withdrawal from ending your progesterone can cause an upswing in morning sickness.  i hope that's not true!

Ohhhh girl I hope not! Thank goodness for Zofran!!
  • I'm on two suppositories a day, but I've never noticed any diziness. I'm only 5 weeks but will be on 2 a day through 1st tri.

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

• I get dizzy from my oral progesterone. in fact, my doctor suggested to take it right before bed bc of dizziness and fatigue our can cause
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• I take 200mg three times a day orally and I can't decide if I feel drunk or stoned out of my mind. It lasts 1-2 hrs and since I have two kids already, I have to be careful when I take it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I take 200mg three times a day orally and I can't decide if I feel drunk or stoned out of my mind. It lasts 1-2 hrs and since I have two kids already, I have to be careful when I take it!

I guess it's just us oral progesterone girls! Haha! Mine told me only take it before bed. And to never drive with it. I imagine taking it with kids is a delicate situation :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

• I know this is tmi. But my Dr prescribed the oral tabs because they are cheaper than the suppositories but he said to use them vaginally anyway. Apparently it absorbs where it is meeded faster and you get less side effects. I haven't noticed any and I have been on it for 3 weeks now
    BabyFruit Ticker   image
    05/31/1997: Married DH - Began TTC right away | 08/2002: Diagnosed with PCOS, Endometriosis
    10/05/2005: Adpoted DS - Funniest boy ever!
    09/2007: Ectopic with rupture - lost right tube | 09/2012: Ectopic - saved the left tube
    08/05/2013: BFP not ectopic | EDD: 4/22/2014 | 09/15/2013: Miscarried at home
    Underwent Gastric Bypass 01/06/2014 to help with PCOS and weight.  Lost 186 lbs - had to TTA for 1 year
    Burned the bench 01/20/15 - Medicated Cycle with Clomid and HCG trigger shot on 02/08/2015
    ++++ BFP 2/17/18 ++++  EDD 10/26/2015
    "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." ~ Romans 15:13 
  • I am on the suppositories 2 times per day for 10-12 weeks.  I just get really tired...but it could be that I have to lay on my side for a half an hour after taking it. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"