Pre-School and Daycare

timing for 4 yr old birthday party

Just need some input on whether to hold my 4 yr old's party in the 10am-12pm slot, or the 11:30am-1:30pm slot.

The venue (bounce house) is probably about 20-30 min drive for most people, so the earlier party would put people leaving their house before 9:30am on a Saturday, while the later party would have them getting home around 2pm.

I am kind of leaning toward the earlier one so as not have people leaving early (before cake) to get home in time for nap, but I also worry that many people are going to be late if the party starts at 10.

Thoughts?
TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: timing for 4 yr old birthday party

• I prefer earlier parties. Parties in the afternoon kill the whole day.

• Thanks for the input -especially the comment about soccer on Sat. am. Our son is doing that this season, and I completely forgot the conflict. I know a few of his friends are, too.

Would it be convenient to attend an afternoon party instead - 4-6 pm?
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I"d prefer the 10-12 time slot but for either party were you planning to serve lunch? I'd say with 1130-130 you'd pretty much have to I think and for 10-12 if you don't and are serving cake that is not ideal if they're having cake before lunch, but not the end of the world by any means IMO.  As far as avoiding naptime for 4 yr olds I wouldn't even worry about it unless tons of your friends have younger kids...
    4-6 would be ok w/ me if I didn't have any evening plans but that would be rough if someone had dinner plans or tickets to something or something else going on...I'd prefer 10-12.
    And then soccer, ugh! There are too many conflicts, just do what works best for your plans and it'll be fine- you will never fit everyone's schedule.
  • at 4 I don't think you really need to worry about naps.  DD was 3 in March and she naps spastically, I don't plan anything around her naps anymore, some days she doesn't, some days she doesn't.  I would prefer earlier so I don't need to worry about her getting cranky and so we can do family dinners on our own. 
  • I would do the earlier slot. I think most people with kids don't have a problem leaving that early. They probably do it every day anyway, if their kids are in school. Most 4-year olds probably don't take a nap, so I wouldn't worry about that.

HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I vote later, I don't like parties that start too early.  DS doesn't nap so later in the day would not be a problem.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Earlier is better for us, but my kids are early risers (yawn).  DD just had her 4th birthday party on Saturday and it was from 10:30 to noon.  We had a huge turnout, so based on our experience that time slot wasn't an issue!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I prefer earlier parties as my kids are also early risers. I'm not a fan of mid day parties. I have too much going on.
  • early one.  As a parent of a 4 yo and 2 yo.  the second time block is still nap time in our house.  early is always better if you are inviting parents of toddlers too.

• I'd prefer 11:30-1:30. we're not early morning people and it's nearly impossible to get everyone ready and out the door at 9:30. My kids don't go for their nap until 2 or so, and they're flexible about it. As long as you're serving lunch, the later time slot would be perfect IMO. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"