My last cycle was a resounding failure, followed by a no show from af. So after taking meds and a 50 day cycle, we are finally on to a new cycle. Although, it started out fairly rough already. I have very light and short periods (2 days of light flow), this period was even lighter and I wasn't sure it was starting when it did, so I didn't call my RE on day 1 and after the weekend it was day 4 already. So I called and they wanted me to come in for a baseline appointment right away, well I couldn't make it in that day, but convinced them to let me do it the next day. I was supposed to start meds already(day 3), but was told I could start day 4. Well when I went to pick-up the meds, that were supposed to be called in, they weren't there. I went to my car and cryed my eyes out, called a friend, calmed down and went home, thinking this cycle was going to be a bust. I had some left-over clomid from DH, and figured it was my only way of saving this cycle, so I took it. Went to my baseline appointment on day 5, and said that they forgot to send in my Rx, and they said I could start it that day.
Now I know I shouldn't have taken the meds without talking to a Dr., but I was desperate to make this cycle still a possibility. I also chickened out about telling my RE that I took it. My protocol for this cycle is Femara and monitoring, then IUI. So I took 100mg of clomid on day 4, and am taking 5mg of Femara on days 5-9. I googled clomid and femara together, and apparently some doctors actually prescribe the 2 together, or even back to back. So I think it should be okay. Feel free to blast me for doing something stupid, but you all know the desperation. Anyway, we are hopefully on our way to IUI #3.
DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010
TTC #2 since 6/2010
10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013.
DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair.
Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies.
Wishing, hoping, waiting.