Secondary IF

Finally on to another cycle

AprilDrew04AprilDrew04 member
edited August 2013 in Secondary IF
My last cycle was a resounding failure, followed by a no show from af.  So after taking meds and a 50 day cycle, we are finally on to a new cycle.  Although, it started out fairly rough already.  I have very light and short periods (2 days of light flow), this period was even lighter and I wasn't sure it was starting when it did, so I didn't call my RE on day 1 and after the weekend it was day 4 already.  So I called and they wanted me to come in for a baseline appointment right away, well I couldn't make it in that day, but convinced them to let me do it the next day.  I was supposed to start meds already(day 3), but was told I could start day 4.  Well when I went to pick-up the meds, that were supposed to be called in, they weren't there.  I went to my car and cryed my eyes out, called a friend, calmed down and went home, thinking this cycle was going to be a bust.  I had some left-over clomid from DH, and figured it was my only way of saving this cycle, so I took it.  Went to my baseline appointment on day 5, and said that they forgot to send in my Rx, and they said I could start it that day.  

Now I know I shouldn't have taken the meds without talking to a Dr., but I was desperate to make this cycle still a possibility.  I also chickened out about telling my RE that I took it. My protocol for this cycle is Femara and monitoring, then IUI.  So I took 100mg of clomid on day 4, and am taking 5mg of Femara on days 5-9.  I googled clomid and femara together, and apparently some doctors actually prescribe the 2 together, or even back to back.  So I think it should be okay.  Feel free to blast me for doing something stupid, but you all know the desperation.  Anyway, we are hopefully on our way to IUI #3.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Finally on to another cycle

• Bless your heart!

No judgement here on the clomid thing! You did what you had to do and I would have done it too! Who knows!? That could have been the magic recipe!

Good Luck!

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Eh. I personally wouldn't think about it. You only took it for one day, it's not like you took the whole 5 days worth of Clomid and then started the Femara, you know? If it is really bugging you, you can always call your Dr and get some input from them. 

Good luck this cycle. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so glad you are on to your new cycle, April! I was hoping to hear from you soon :) Hope this is your lucky one!
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"