CPW: Can your LO say his/her name? 83 votes

Yes
25% 21 votes
No
68% 57 votes
SS
6% 5 votes

Re: CPW: Can your LO say his/her name?

• It came up in the speech therapy post that one of the things an 18 month old "should" be able to do is say his or her own name.  My DD isn't even close, but I think part of that could be she has a super difficult name to say.  My DS' name on the other hand is super easy, so he was calling himself by his name well before 18 months.  My DD says my DS' name no problem.  Just curious to see how many LOs are able to say their own name.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really don't expect Nat to say 'Natalie' anytime soon. Some names are more complicated than others.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Lucia says Nini, which is how she pronounces Lulu.  I am not sure why it sounds like that to her, but it does.  I'm not sure if that counts, because to her she is saying her name, or if you mean saying her name correctly.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Audra can say "Auda" which is pretty close to me so I voted yes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • Josh can't make the J sound yet at all. If we ask him to say Josh, he says "Dah." If we ask him what his name is, he doesn't know. If we ask him who is in a picture (of himself) he says "Baby."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nora calls herself Rara, but I voted yes because she can identify herself in pictures/when asked "Who are you?"/etc.
  • Occasionally Ramona runs around saying RAAA-MO-MAAAA. But that's the only context I've heard her say it in. And it's always Ramoma, she can't get that N. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • Occasionally Ramona runs around saying RAAA-MO-MAAAA. But that's the only context I've heard her say it in. And it's always Ramoma, she can't get that N. 

This sounds like the cutest thing ever.
  • I've never asked her to say her name.  She says "me" and "mine" all.the.time. and if she sees a picture of herself says "baby."

I may ask her now if she can say her name...who knows!  Allison is a tough one though since her L's aren't quite there yet.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I really don't expect Nat to say 'Natalie' anytime soon. Some names are more complicated than others.
    My DD is a "Natalie" and she kinda mumbled it SORTA, but I'm not stressed that she can't say it yet.
  • Hadley says "aadee" for her name. We call her Haddy sometimes, so that makes sense :) I think the "h" sound is hard to make.

Other names she knows: our cats: Hobie (ahhbee) and Coal (coal-coal, always double), her two best friends, Lulu and Emma, and her grandparents: Grandma (ahhma), Grandpa (ahhpa), Nana, Papa, and of course Mommy and Daddy. In Italy, our tour guides were Anna and Roberto and she called them (ahhnaa, easy name) and Toe-toe. She's adorable with names. Most of this all happened in the last 2 weeks. Before we went to Italy, she was barely talking at all.

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• He can say Tim and Timmy but not Timothy.  He tries and it comes out Timoney.
  • Nope
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Cordelia doesn't even try to say her own name yet.  She will say everyone else's though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"