December 2012 Moms

Acct. group...(NBR)

I have pretty much given up right now, I would like to say i need some encouragement but I doubt that will work at the moment.  I have been doing so good then last week I started eating, and eating....and eating!!!  I haven't cared what I eat, I have been having pizza, pasta, burgers and fries, etc....I have been doing a low carb diet under my doctor's guidance and I was doing soo good!! I lost 26 pounds, and I'm sure I've put on at least 5-7 pounds with the way I have been eating. 

I keep doing this to myself and I'm just done...

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

Re: Acct. group...(NBR)

• Don't quit.  There could be lots of reason for the overeating.  Are you stressed, could you be getting aunt flo, even small things can stress you out, and eating is the only thing you can "control".  The thing is that you are acknoleging that you've been out of control and know when you're ready you can get back on track.  Despite the fact that I started my weekly pts yesterday and went to the gym, I still ate a donught yesterday and then today I've eaten everthing in sight and haven't pointed these last two day AT ALL.  I'm thinking it's because auntie is coming for a visit next week.

• Once you "slip" on a diet it can be so hard to get back on track. You can do it though! Maybe work on eating fewer/smaller portions of the carbs you are craving instead of trying to cut them out all together. They break down into sugars, which our bodies become addicted to, and it can be harder to quit then caffiene or nicotine, I swear! I go through spurts where I'll eat super healthy for weeks then "slip" with a piece of bread or pizza and then its all down hill for a week or so before I can catch myself again. 

You will recover!!! 26 pounds down is nothing to sneeze at! Holy cow, I wish I could say I'd lost anything close to that
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I think depriving yourself of anything just makes your body crave it more. I kind of went dairy crazy last weekend because I hadn't had it in 5 months (bcuz of dd not tolerating it). I would just take small steps and start again when you're ready. Like pp said, what you have accomplished is no easy task! Just work on finding the balance of still being able to have the stuff you want but in moderation. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 26 pounds is amazing! You worked so hard to get to this point, don't give up now. I know it's hard to watch what you eat, especially when it comes to carbs (cause they're the yummiest!). If you're having a hard time keeping yourself motivated, try a new motivation. You're not only doing this for yourself- you're doing it for your LO. You want to be around as long as possible for your LO, so getting your weight (therefore, your health) in check is biggest step in doing that. You CAN do this! So what if you've had a slip up? Tomorrow is a brand new day- make a promise to yourself to get back on track. The important this is you've caught yourself- you know what you're doing and you have the power to stop it before you undo all the hard work you've done this far. Is there a specific food you crave most? Can you find a way to make a lower carb version of it, or allow yourself one cheat meal a week for a bit? I've heard the key to being successful on a "diet" is to allow yourself to cheat every once in awhile...Just remember, we've all been where you are now- heck, I haven't done well this week either- but you are a strong woman and you do have the power to get back on track! Hang in there!

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• You are all so great!  Thanks for the encouragement, I will make a promise to myself that tomorrow is my "get back on track" day!!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• You and me both, but I just keep thinking about how I will feel like me again. I NEED to feel like me again. I feel like an imposter me. I am totally going to eat crap on Friday and I just don't give a rip, but it's my birthday so it doesn't count.

Try drinking ice water when you want to indulge or some sf candies. We all need some encouragement.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"