Baby Names
Options

sister for Nevaeh

13»

Re: sister for Nevaeh

• Options
    Luca is super cute! I wonder if Delilah would be too much with Nevaeh though. 
    Nevaeh Lynn born Dec 2010 | due with #2 Jan 2014
  • Options
    @blueridge8 I accidentally flagged one of your posts from mobile, sorry! Not sure how to undo it....
    If you go back and click the "love" button, it'll delete the flag.  If you don't actually love it, then just click "love" again to remove the love.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Naveah is heaven spelled backwards, whether you named her for that purpose or not.  So I don't think it's out of line that people suggest other words spelled backwards (how should we know you didn't want to stick with that trend, even for 'nice' words backwards).  The Naomi and Lana were just satirical suggestions for that trend.  

As a side note on that, you already mentioned that you know it's not very favored here, so you shouldn't have been surprised at getting a few off-color responses.  I completely understand wanting to defend your choice and not appreciating negative remarks, but I still think you overreacted.  Mostly, I think you need to find an appropriate way to handle this to guide your daughter on how she'll deal with similar comments as she grows up.  It sucks, but kids will find a way to make fun of just about any name out there, and if YOU can't handle it without overreacting, how do you expect her to handle it?

Now back on topic, I think you received a lot of good suggestions here.  Also, I actually think most names work pretty well with it as a sibset, so I wouldn't worry too much about matching her name, just focus on finding another name that you love.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Lana?
    Very mature and original!  That happens to be my mother's name.  
  • Options
    Wow, digging up old posts I see.  I'm sorry I missed this one, it was a very entertaining read.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“There are two kinds of people I don't trust: people who don't drink and people who collect stickers.”

-Chelsea Handler

• Options
    Honestly it is against my better judgment to even respond to this. That being said what is it that made ypu pick Neveah? The sound, meaning or the word play? I would assume you're religious with a name that means heaven. I like Faith and Grace. I actually couldn't make it through reading all the other responses. Maybe you aren't reading this anymore. I probably wouldn't. Congratulations on your baby girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"