Indiana Babies

Dupont or Parkview Regional Medical Center (Ft. Wayne)

Trying to decide between hospitals. Which one is your favorite and why? Thanks!!!!

Re: Dupont or Parkview Regional Medical Center (Ft. Wayne)

• Dupont. Loved my L&D nurse. LO was in the NICU and she got a lot of personal attention. The food is pretty good also. Took all the classes through Lutheran they were great too. I also did a one-on-one visit with a LC after we were discharged and liked the plan she wrote out for me. At Lutheran I still go to the breastfeeding support group and the new mom group. To sum it up loved Dupont for delivery but get support through Lutheran.
  • Ask to tour the facilities. But who's your OB? won't that make a difference? Anywhere but downtown. St joe was ridiculous, my friend had her son there. The room was tiny any the nurses acted like they had better things to do.
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB is Dr. Cortney Schwartz. He apparently delivers at both Parkview North and Dupont.
  • My OB is Dr. Cortney Schwartz. He apparently delivers at both Parkview North and Dupont.
  • Women's health advantage? My mom just told me her gyno is available at both hospitals yesterday. I guess I would ask for tours and find out which place really works with what you want. 1 of my sorority sisters went to Dupont because she wanted birth style options (both places offer those now, though) and another went with Parkview for the "free" Vera Bradley stuff (no joke). Also when you're going to the places talk to the nurses, they are who will be with you the most. If you don't like them you'll hate them during delivery, and you want to be comfortable, not angry.
  • Yes. Think I'm gonna be a Dupont Mommy :)
  • I delivered at Parkview North. LOVED my delivery nurses but the post-partum nurses were very judgemental and rude. Especially if you had problems BF.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"