November 2013 Moms

Nuna Leaf, anyone?

So my inlaws have gotten lo a Nuna Leaf. It is kind of a swing, bouncer, thing. Is anyone else looking at getting one of these of know anyone who has one? I know it is way expensive and would have told them no thank you, except that it will actually support up to 130lbs! It looks so neat, and I think i can skip the rock-n-play, bouncer, swing and possible more. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this thing. Here is a link to the Leaf, if you've never heard of it.

https://www.nuna.eu/USA/leaf

Re: Nuna Leaf, anyone?

• Looks a lot like the mamaroo to me. Overpriced in my opinion, but it looks like it has awesome reviews on amazon. Since its a gift, keep it. However you'll probably want at least 1 or 2 other contraptions to put baby in. They like variety too! Sometimes just moving a baby brightens their mood.

• It doesn't look like it does anything besides sway back and forth and it doesn't stay moving (the description says you have to push it every couple minutes). I'd probably still register for a swing w/ an AC adapter that can change directions and some sort of vibrating bouncer seat.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Whoa!!!!!! I'm sorry to be blunt but this is even worse than the archaic mechanical hand me down swing I used with DD1 in terms of practicality. At least with my mechanical swing, I only hand to wind it up every 10 minutes, but this swing only goes for 3 minutes because there's no motor?!?!?!??? How can you get anything done around the house while baby naps? Can't take a shower or catch a nap while baby's in it either! And it's over $200?! And once baby is crawling around 8 months, they won't want to be strapped into a bouncer/swing, so the fact that it goes to 130 pounds is useless.

Please, please keep this at your parents house if they want to push it every 3 minutes. And I really recommend getting an electric swing that plugs in for your house.

That's really generous of your parents to buy it though.
  • And does it vibrate or bounce? I didn't think so based on the website but if it does, I guess it could replace a bouncer. But it's useless as a swing.
  • According to some reviews I've read older kids like to sit in it to watch tv or have a personal chair just for themselves.
  • My youngest slept in a FP papasan seat right next to our bed for several months. (It was propped up in front so it was not so reclined.)  The leaf looks like it would be convenient for that purpose depending on the recline.  The sway motion I think would make it more useful than the papasan chair. 

I have to say though, our swing was priceless and I can't imagine the Leaf being able to replace a swing. I may have considered using the swing by my bed but the motor sound would have driven me crazy.  My oldest didn't like the swing at all so I guess its value will be determined by how much your LO likes it.  =)

• Thank you for all your input. I will not be returning this item, as i think it will be a great option for our home. It doesn't seem as if anyone has first hand knowledge of this item as of this time, probably because it is such a new item. I hope it works the way I would like it to, if not I can amend my plan at the time it proves to not work. I wish everyone the best of luck with the items  you have chosen for your lo, as I know you wish me the best with the decisions I have made for my child.
  • Not butthurt. Honest, yes. Fact based statments, yes. I AM thankful for everyones input, I will NOT be returning this item, I DO in fact feel that it will work in our home, I do NOT believe any commenter in this thread have used this product, and I DO have the upmost respect for the decisions you make for your child. You don't always have to read between the lines, sometimes people actually say what they mean.
  • OP, I'd like to point out that everyone who responded took the time to check out the website and learn about this new, unique product. I even watched the video! And then you get offended when honest opinions AND stm input was provided. No one was judging you or being mean. Having to push the swing every 3 minutes along with the high price tag are very valid concerns we were pointing out because you asked. Please don't ask for advice and input in the future if what you were really searching for was just blind support.
  • ljh556 said:
    Not butthurt. Honest, yes. Fact based statments, yes. I AM thankful for everyones input, I will NOT be returning this item, I DO in fact feel that it will work in our home, I do NOT believe any commenter in this thread have used this product, and I DO have the upmost respect for the decisions you make for your child. You don't always have to read between the lines, sometimes people actually say what they mean.

If your mind is made why did you ask our opinion in the first place? Plus you asked us what we think about it.  It looks to me everyone gave their honest answers.
  • malberto said:

To me this post (and its subsequent updates from OP) read like this:

"I'm getting a suuuper posh, expensive baby item that I'm sure none of you can afford. Its impracticality is not even a concern because it is just so special."

• Pulling the STM card here, looks overpriced for what it does (very little at that). I'd rather put the money into a nice electric swing and a Baby Bjorn BabySitter balance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     
  • Strangest thread ever to go awry. :-/

• Strangest thread ever to go awry. :-/

I know, right?!? I still can't believe this happened over a swing!! Hope becoming a mama helps her get some thicker skin, sheesh.
  • ljh556ljh556 member
    edited August 2013
    WOW!! Thank you, you are all such awesome supportive women! Since I know my words will be mis-interperated ill leave it at this. THANK YOU!!!
  • Ohhhh, I get it. When you asked for opinions on your stupid expensive baby chair, what you really meant was that you wanted 100+ women to blow smoke up your ass and fawn over how awesome it isn't is.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • mskatiep said:
    ljh556 said:
    So my inlaws have gotten lo a Nuna Leaf. It is kind of a swing, bouncer, thing. Is anyone else looking at getting one of these of know anyone who has one? I know it is way expensive and would have told them no thank you, except that it will actually support up to 130lbs! It looks so neat, and I think i can skip the rock-n-play, bouncer, swing and possible more. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this thing. Here is a link to the Leaf, if you've never heard of it.

https://www.nuna.eu/USA/leaf
    Why does it need to support 130lbs? 
    This is my question. Is a 17 year old going to be sitting in it? o.O

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I know this is an old post but I read this looking for reviews on the nuna leaf for baby no.3 and wow! What a bunch of rude snarky cows you all are! Take a good hard look at yourselves ladies. Just because the OP was not something you're interested in doesn't mean you have to be so very rude. How would you all feel if someone attacked you over something you yourself didn't actually purchase but got as a gift. From what I can tell she was asking for advice from people that may have used it not bitter twisted women. Oh and in case you're wondering, no I don't know that woman, I'm an Australian mummy who was just horrified to see how badly behaved you all are and felt the need to make you all realise how rude you are. As for the weight factor- I think it's genius, dd1 ruined our original baby rocker by sitting in it when we had dd2. Now I can only imagine they will be fighting over whatever new rocker, chair swing etc we get and probably dd2 will sit on dd1 trying to get her own way. That's about 35kgs right there. Next time I would suggest keep your unhelpful comments to yourselves, I would say ladies but in my mind none of you deserve to be called ladies, the word I'm thinking would probably get this post deleted.
  • @Katieeightyfive‌ you and the OP sure get worked up over baby equipment. She wasn't attacked because she received a gift. It was brought to her attention how ridiculous she was to ask for opinions then dismiss them.

It's foolish to ask a question then get upset with the answers.
  • I know this is an old post but I read this looking for reviews on the nuna leaf for baby no.3 and wow! What a bunch of rude snarky cows you all are! Take a good hard look at yourselves ladies. Just because the OP was not something you're interested in doesn't mean you have to be so very rude. How would you all feel if someone attacked you over something you yourself didn't actually purchase but got as a gift. From what I can tell she was asking for advice from people that may have used it not bitter twisted women. Oh and in case you're wondering, no I don't know that woman, I'm an Australian mummy who was just horrified to see how badly behaved you all are and felt the need to make you all realise how rude you are.
    As for the weight factor- I think it's genius, dd1 ruined our original baby rocker by sitting in it when we had dd2. Now I can only imagine they will be fighting over whatever new rocker, chair swing etc we get and probably dd2 will sit on dd1 trying to get her own way. That's about 35kgs right there. Next time I would suggest keep your unhelpful comments to yourselves, I would say ladies but in my mind none of you deserve to be called ladies, the word I'm thinking would probably get this post deleted.

Get it right!! My name is snarkynbitter!!!!

Also don't forget to fell sorry for our SO and children!
  • How in any way was her response to everyone's advice getting upset? Just because she's choosing to keep it doesn't mean she didn't take any of your advice into account. She didn't get remotely upset until she was accused of doing so and not listening.
  • BTW, the nuna is coming out with an attachment for the chair that will keep it moving.  It is the nuna wind.  I saw a you tube video of it where it was displayed at a baby show.  
  • I know this thread is old however I wanted to weigh in on my experience using the nuna leaf purchased in June of 2019 for my second baby. With my first I had three rockers of various brands all over the house and he never slept for long in any of them. I got rid of all of them and instead invested in the Leaf and have not been disappointed. From a newborn my baby will sleep for up to 2 hours in the rocker. The fact that it can support up to 130 lbs helps so much for transitioning him from my arms into the rocker (I can lean with my weight on it). Also I push on the back of it to bounce him up and down as he’s falling back asleep while rocking back and forth. I agree it’s annoying it doesn’t rock on its own but I find it easier to hand rock the rocker until he’s sound asleep and then let it slowly rock until it stops. The toys he loves reaching up to grab and he will lay in it awake sometimes for an hour! I also noticed that babies get bored so he has a floor mat with hanging toys above as well as an exercaucer. He’s now 4 months old and those are his three main “stations” where he can spend time playing on his own while I cook/eat/clean. For me the leaf has been a great fit. Also I used to swaddle him and strap him in, now that he’s bigger I use a zip up sleep blanket bunching the material between his legs so he can be strapped in. The leaf has been a lifesaver for me.