April 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC!!

2»

Re: FFFC!!

• Options
    snmetz7 said:
    @hcam0707 @jnoba78 and @andrewsgal I really think it depends on your relationship with the steps. My child(ren) will be blessed enough to have 3 sets of grandparents that consist of mil(grandma) and sfil (grandpa), mom(granny) and her husband (sacha-his name), and dad (nana-Urdu for mothers dad) and smom (nani-Urdu for mothers mom) Notice how depending on my and my hubs relationships to the steps changes the way they will be received? As far as if the the step kid is considered a grandchild I guess here is my uo- I don't think they are. I have been trying to have kids for longer than my cousin has been married. She actually got married a week after my loss and now has the cutest most adorable step son. But her mom turns to mine and says guess I beat you to be the first grandma... No you didn't. Side note fil passed a few yrs ago and smil is not in the picture at all.
    It definitely does depend on each family - I am surely not judging anyone's thoughts on this issue.  It's just what we've decided for us.  Much of it has to do with my DH's family history.  My MIL likes to re-write it and this idea of "grandpa" fits right in.  I hate family drama!  Luckily, we only see them a couple of times a year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    i'm SO tired this morning!  my kiddo woke me up before 5am and i couldn't fall back asleep.  yesterday we got a delivery of some new bedroom furniture, and our room is currently completely filled with pieces of styrofoam and cardboard packaging.  i slept in bed for an hour while he systematically broke each sheet of styrofoam into golf-ball-sized chunks and filled an entire laundry basket with them.  he then went down into the kitchen, DRAGGED THE VACUUM UPSTAIRS, and cleaned up his mess.  granted, it was a small battery-operated stick vac, but still...  holy cow, lack of parental supervision!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't work until this afternoon, so I thought I would be productive this morning and go to the gym. but then I wanted to stay cuddling with hubby in bed. the only thing that motivated me to get out of bed was a spinach & bacon souffle from Panera Bread. I regret nothing.
  • Options

I 100% understand if you don't want to drink alcohol during pregnancy. But those who seriously think the .05% alcohol content in one O'Doul's might affect your pregnancy?

SIDEEYE.

Thank God somebody said it!!!
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My pinky finger is killing me (since I sliced off the tip) and Tylenol is not doing much. I just want something stronger pills or a drink, but I can't being pregnant. I can't get much done as it's my right hand.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    maelic said:
    Speaking as someone whose parents both passed away, I feel incredibly resentful of women who complain about their kids having too many grandparents. Or not the "right kind" of grandparents. 

If they love the kid and the kid loves them who in the world would care about blood relations? Who are you to tell your aunt, for example, that she's not a real grandma because she has a step-grandson? WTF?

maelic said:
    Speaking as someone whose parents both passed away, I feel incredibly resentful of women who complain about their kids having too many grandparents. Or not the "right kind" of grandparents. 

If they love the kid and the kid loves them who in the world would care about blood relations? Who are you to tell your aunt, for example, that she's not a real grandma because she has a step-grandson? WTF?

Yes thank you. I consider my kids blessed to have as many grandparents as they can step, family or other. I think it is awfully immature to not let a step be a grandparent. News flash life is not about you anymore. DH can't stand his step mom, but up until yesterday she was a grandparent and a damn good one.
  • Options
    Kids have no idea who is blood related and who isn't, unless you make a big deal of it. I remember when my Aunt & Uncle divorced when I was a kid, it was so weird to me that we stopped hanging out with my Aunt. I didn't know she was only my relative through marriage. I have two stepparents, one of whom joined the family when I was in my thirties. For ME, he's not related to me, he's my mom's husband. But I will always treat him exactly the same as the other grandparents when my kids are around. I would be thrilled if my children had close family ties with all six of their grandparents. Calling my mom's husband by his first name, and therefore making a point that he's not really their grandparent, would be unfair to my kids IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I 100% understand if you don't want to drink alcohol during pregnancy. But those who seriously think the .05% alcohol content in one O'Doul's might affect your pregnancy? SIDEEYE.
    I'm drinking a glass of wine tonight, which I do most Friday nights. By the end of the week, I need it, and this week is no different, maybe even worse than most. But now that "one glass" won't turn in to half the bottle.
    -A well-tended garden is indicative of a well-tended soul.-
    image  image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

i'm SO tired this morning!  my kiddo woke me up before 5am and i couldn't fall back asleep.  yesterday we got a delivery of some new bedroom furniture, and our room is currently completely filled with pieces of styrofoam and cardboard packaging.  i slept in bed for an hour while he systematically broke each sheet of styrofoam into golf-ball-sized chunks and filled an entire laundry basket with them.  he then went down into the kitchen, DRAGGED THE VACUUM UPSTAIRS, and cleaned up his mess.  granted, it was a small battery-operated stick vac, but still...  holy cow, lack of parental supervision!!

How old is he? That is so adorable BTW!
    imageimage

• Options
    he turned 3 this past spring - quite the independent little guy!  he has a love affair with that silly little stick vac, so i was not surprised he found a reason to use it :)

for what it's worth, our bedroom is still a complete disaster.... and of course, i can't do a single thing about moving the furniture because i'm on pelvic rest and am not supposed to strain or lift anything heavy!
  • Options
    Kids have no idea who is blood related and who isn't, unless you make a big deal of it. I remember when my Aunt & Uncle divorced when I was a kid, it was so weird to me that we stopped hanging out with my Aunt. I didn't know she was only my relative through marriage. I have two stepparents, one of whom joined the family when I was in my thirties. For ME, he's not related to me, he's my mom's husband. But I will always treat him exactly the same as the other grandparents when my kids are around. I would be thrilled if my children had close family ties with all six of their grandparents. Calling my mom's husband by his first name, and therefore making a point that he's not really their grandparent, would be unfair to my kids IMO.
    I don't have any steps on my side of the family, but DH does on his, so I leave it up to him. His grandfather  (who we both love dearly) is currently in his fourth marriage (DH was 12 when they got married). He doesn't like her, nor does his mom, and both call her by her first name. With DS, he is the first great-grandkid on both sides, and she wanted to be called "Grammy". I left it up to DH, and he said no, but whenever she's around (which isn't often) and refers to herself as Grammy, we don't say anything. We just never call her that. But DS is so blessed, he has 4  grandparents, 6 great-grandparents, and met his great-great-grandmother (she passed away this past April). If we have a girl, her middle name will be Cleo, after her great-great-grandmother. I love that my kids will have all these grandparents!
    -A well-tended garden is indicative of a well-tended soul.-
    image  image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    this is the one we have.  super cheap and easy to use!

• Options

he turned 3 this past spring - quite the independent little guy!  he has a love affair with that silly little stick vac, so i was not surprised he found a reason to use it :)

for what it's worth, our bedroom is still a complete disaster.... and of course, i can't do a single thing about moving the furniture because i'm on pelvic rest and am not supposed to strain or lift anything heavy!

Kids are so dang cute! DD holds on to the vacuum cord and follows me around, giggling.
    imageimage

• Options
    that's why we got it - same reason.  we have wood floors on the main floor of our house, and those crumbs just MULTIPLY under the kitchen table and in the corners of the kitchen!  this is perfect for quick jobs like that.
  • Options

H and I bought two pregnancy books last night; even though we just found out we were pregnant yesterday. I know there is still a lot that could happen, but I was too damn excited!

Understandable! I bought 3 pregnancy/parenting books when we first started trying... 2 years ago.
  • Options
    DD is going with her dad this weekend and I'm glad. I feel like ass and just want to do nothing and I don't want to hide it.
    photo 312e02a9-ef9a-4648-8979-09b4ab630d04_zpsa744d068-1.jpgphoto 26efec1e-a9a8-4abc-adae-e4ac57e9ed07_zpscb2707ed.jpgimagephoto 6de80a6c-9b11-48ea-934b-3d2f0e56825f_zps84077925.jpg photo bea969e4-3c22-42e7-af6a-f4e3450c2fd7_zps664ddd2f.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy%20ticker
    imagephoto b971e7ea-a08a-41e0-bdee-a8d0f48bb027_zps8d92a1f9.png
  • Options
    I will probably NOT tell my sister that I am pregnant. :-/ Shes 5 years older than me and everything is a competition with her. God forbid if I have the firstborn grandchild. Maybe I'll have my parents do it? ::SCARED FACE::

Also, I HATE my SIL. She wrote me an email after my DH and I miscarried when we see her almost every week and she clearly has my phone number. "Sorry to hear about the baby" is all she said. I'm obviously still harboring ill feelings 5 months later... When will I reach the "Get over time" moment?
    **Baby #1: BFP Feb'13; Blighted Ovum, Natural MC March 3rd, 2013; 8 weeks old.**

**Baby #2: BFP August 11th, 2013; EDD April 15th, 2014.**

• Options
    I will probably NOT tell my sister that I am pregnant. :-/ Shes 5 years older than me and everything is a competition with her. God forbid if I have the firstborn grandchild. Maybe I'll have my parents do it? ::SCARED FACE::

Also, I HATE my SIL. She wrote me an email after my DH and I miscarried when we see her almost every week and she clearly has my phone number. "Sorry to hear about the baby" is all she said. I'm obviously still harboring ill feelings 5 months later... When will I reach the "Get over time" moment?
    Oops... "Get over it" moment..
    **Baby #1: BFP Feb'13; Blighted Ovum, Natural MC March 3rd, 2013; 8 weeks old.**

• Options
    Something I would add on the stepparent debate. While I would never show my distaste that my son calls the man we met only a year ago pawpaw I still don't like it. It's not because I think he would be a va grandfather- in fact I think he'd be wonderful. It's that a lot of step families including mine have revolving marriages. This is my mothers fourth husband and sixth or seventh influential man. Therefore it makes me uncomfortable that my son would see this man as a grandparent when he could be out the door with no notice. I know I'm not the only one with a parent or grandparent with revolving spouses and this is a serious concern!

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• Options

Oops... "Get over it" moment..
    I shouldn't say "HATE" I guess... "I strongly DISLIKE" sounds much more adult-like. ;-)

• Options
    ImnAtari said:

I have no intention of telling my older brother I'm expecting. He married a woman who hates everything about his family and has alienated him and his children from us, to the point I haven't met my 4 month old nephew. I want him know what it feels like removing his children from their aunts and uncles lives... I refuse to "give in" just because I'm pregnant.
    I am so sorry to hear that. That is very unfortunate. My family is very dramatic and its mostly with my older sister. If things don't go her way - she throws a FIT. She hasn't spoken to me in months b/c I gave my extra bedroom to a couple which left her with either the couch or an air mattress (when we had people over for the evening). She left in the middle of the night and hasn't spoken to me since. Shes 31 y.o. but totally capable of acting 12. I have absolutely NO desire in trying to share this joyous moment with her b/c I have a feeling that she either wont appreciate it as much as I would hope or she'll just ruin the entire thing. Sucks that blood is not ALWAYS thicker than water.

• Options
    poru said:
    I let me son watch cartoons every single morning while he eats breakfast.  It takes him a good 20-30 minutes to get through his bowl of oatmeal, slowly and methodically, while I am usually running back and forth putting on my makeup, throwing laundry in the machine, making his lunch, etc.  So he watches Thomas, the Gabbas, Jake, or Timmy and quietly eats his breakfast.  I think its his longest stretch of sitting down all day!
    No shame in this!  I do the exact same thing in order to get ready for work in the morning.  
    DS#1 Jack was born 3/29/12
    BFP #2 8/10/13, EDD 4/19/14 Team Green! 

• Options
    poru said:
    I let me son watch cartoons every single morning while he eats breakfast.  It takes him a good 20-30 minutes to get through his bowl of oatmeal, slowly and methodically, while I am usually running back and forth putting on my makeup, throwing laundry in the machine, making his lunch, etc.  So he watches Thomas, the Gabbas, Jake, or Timmy and quietly eats his breakfast.  I think its his longest stretch of sitting down all day!
    No shame in this at all.  I refuse to let my son watch TV in the morning, mainly because he gets upset when we have to turn it off.  That said, I like to stick to a routine in the morning, but DH, who leaves the house about 20 minutes before I do, sometimes decides that he has to see DS in the morning and wakes him up about 10 minutes before I'm ready to get him up.  This means that I'm trying to get ready with my toddler asking me questions and wanting to play. It definitely takes me longer to get ready.

I wanted to add that I do let my son watch Sprouts a bit in the evening and in the morning on the weekend.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    My son's sleep has gone to crap since we got our BFP (nice timing, huh?).  I am not opposed to CIO but it just doesn't work for him.  He used to be such a good sleeper and I don't know what happened.  I keep thinking to myself "what were we thinking!?" but I know this too shall pass.  I just hate feeling like this!

I could have written this post. Ugh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nikki912nikki912 member
    edited August 2013
    Have written then deleted three very nasty comments today. I figured my stance for being kind and compassionate on this site wouldn't hold up well if I was berating those that aren't! Guilty for writing them but proud for not sending them!

• Options
    nikki912 said:
    Have written then deleted three very nasty comments today. I figured my stance for being kind and compassionate on this site wouldn't hold up well if I was berating those that aren't! Guilty for writing them but proud for not sending them!
    you're definitely making a name for yourself around here - i know i won't soon forget you.
  • Options
    @spasticfantastic news to me!

• Options
    nikki912 said:

Very compassionate of you. Thanks!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    sexyntexy said:
    I want to feel as excited as I was the first time, but even though this was planned I just feel guilty and sad, like I'm abandoning my first child. Also I spent a couple of hours looking at baby names yesterday. Yeah, it might be a little early.
    I think you will find that love grows, not divides.  When we brought DS home, it felt like he had always been there.  I love seeing DS and DD interact and he absolutely adores his big sister. 
    Yup. Watching them play and love on each other is amazing. The other night they walked around holding hands and DD insisted they were best friends. Because I'm an AW

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I've been feeling the same. I love this baby, but I can't imagine loving another child as much as DS. And he's so young I can't even explain to him what's happening. One day, I'll just have another baby who needs me 24/7 and he won't know why. FWIW I'm SURE I will love this baby just as much as DS, but right now I just feel guilty. You ladies have made me feel better, though, and @sexyntexy that pic is freakin adorable and makes me so excited to meet my new LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So here is mine! I started watching one tree hill for Chad Michael Murry, but I'm now watching it for "Nathan Scott" because he is GORGEOUS!!! Oh and I have spent so much time on the couch that it is full of sweat! Eww but oh well my show is calling! Ha
    Married DH 1/5/13
    BFP #1 4/29/13 Chemical Pregnancy 5/6/13
    BFP #2 7/30/13 EDD 4/12/14
    MMC@9w (found out at 10w) 9/15/13
    D&C 9/16/13
    Started trying again 2/17/14
    BFP #3 4/19/14 Chemical Pregnancy 4/21/14
    BFP #4 8/18/14 EDD 4/25/15
    Began Lovenox 8/18/14
    Heterotopic Pregnancy- Interuterine MMC@6w 8/28/14 
    Found Ectopic 9/16/14 Lost Right Tube
    BFP#5 11/8/14 EDD 7/21/15 Ovulated from Right Ovary!

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"