Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Home birth Southeast Michigan

Hello there!

I live in SE Michigan and am pregnant with my (and my hubby's) first baby. We want to have a home birth and use a doula. I am getting overwhelmed (slightly) with research and options. If you live in SE Michigan and had a home birth and can recommend a midwife and/or doula, please let me know. Also, if you know of any pertinent questions I should ask I welcome those also.

Thanks!!!

Re: Home birth Southeast Michigan

• Options
    Hey! I had my little girl in southwest Michigan last year. You may not have much luck with birth centers in Michigan because of laws. We ended up at a hospital with a midwife and it was a phenomenal experience! Definitely look into birth centers, you may find one, but don't rule out hospital midwives. Just be sure the one you choose meshes with your personality. Before we chose our midwife, I wrote a LONG list of questions culled from various websites and books.
  • Options
    Try the boards on mothering.com?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just did a quick google search a few weeks ago (even though I am not yet PG) and found many doulas in the SE area.  You shouldn't have too much trouble.  GL!

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Options
    Thank you so much for the information! I feel much better about our search for a home birth midwife.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"